Please help with the following problem found in the textbook: Business Law: The Ethical, Global, and E-Commerce Environment 13th edition written by Jane Mallor, A. James Barnes, Thomas Bowers, and Arlen W. Langvardt (2007). Please answer questions in detail.
What are the two most important risks that business would seek to insure against? Generally describe what the coverage would be and the amount of policy limits. Would the insurance for either risk be worth the premium cost? Why or why not?
1) What are some of the Constitutional protections of privacy? How do privacy rights differ for private and public employees? Why? 2) What are some of the limitations of pre-employment testing? What are some of the potential pitfalls for management? What can management do to avoid the pitfalls?
Standard Construction, Inc. contracts to build a store for totally Chocolate Company, with TCC's payment it cannot pay SCI on time in this situation, who is in breach of contract and why?
sample_answer_format: Dagesse brought a personal injury suit against Plant Hotel after being injured in a fall at the Aruba Marriott resort. The Dagesses filed suit in New Hampshire, seeking to have the companies come and defend the lawsuit there. In order for the companies to be obligated to go to New Hampshire the court would
Please help with the following problem found in the textbook: Business Law: The Ethical, Global, and E-Commerce Environment 13th edition written by Jane Mallor, A. James Barnes, Thomas Bowers, and Arlen W. Langvardt (2007). Please answer question in detail. CASE Ann Hopkins, a senior manager at the accounting firm of
Faced with the task of rebuilding investor and public confidence in Tyco, newly-appointed Edward Breen has invited an outside group to advise him as he takes steps to restore the company's viability and reputation. Called to assist your consulting firm in this project, you have been asked to study the Tyco situation and prepare
1. What types of employers must comply with affirmative action? How can affirmative action be a positive force in the workplace? Does affirmative action require meeting of quotas? Why or why not? 2. Why has union membership declined in the U.S. since 1955? Do you expect this trend to continue? Why or why not? What value c
In 1943, During World War II, a Navy TBD-1 Devastator crashed eight miles off the coast of Florida. The entire crew survived and there is no indication that any efforts were made to locate the plane by the Navy. Collector Doug Champlin, the owner of an airplane museum in Arizona, spent approximately $130,000 to recover the plane
P18-7 (Long-Term Contract with an Overall Loss) On July 1, 2007, Kyung-wook Construction Company Inc. contracted to build an office building for Mingxia Corp. for a total contract price of $1,950,000. On July 1, Kyung-wook estimated that it would take between 2 and 3 years to complete the building. On December 31, 2009, the b
What individuals' or groups' behavior might result in harassment of employees? What are the possible consequences to the employer when an employee is harassed in the workplace? What is the employer's responsibility to the employee?
Carnegie Mellon and Produce Co. has 120,000,000 in stockholders' equity. Forty million dollars is listed as common stock and the balance is in retained earnings. The firm has $250,000,000 in total assets and 3 percent of this value is in cash. Earnings for the year are $20,000,000 and are included in retained earnings. (a)
Based on your experience and the text, what are some of the factors that make today's business so competitive? (need answered with at least 120 words each.)
Please be sure that your answers to these questions have not been used for previous students... DQ1 Based on your experience and the text, what are some of the factors that make today's business so competitive? DQ2 Discuss the financial aspects of employees (attitudes, absenteeism, turnover, work-life programs) that
1) Terry has a business in which he visits with client's pet cats in the client's home while the client is out of town. The primary purpose is to prevent the cats from becoming psychotic due to the owner's absence. Terry contracted to visit Valerie's cat daily for a two-week period when Valerie was on vacation. Because Terry cha
Lone star Life Insurance Co. agreed to make a long-term loan to Five Forty Three Land, Inc., whenever that corporation requested one. Five Forty Three wanted this load to pay off its short-term debts. The loan was never made, as it was never requested by Five Forty Three, which owed the Exchange Bank and Trust Co. on a short-ter
1. What was the purpose of the Equal Pay Act of 1967? Has the law accomplished its purpose? Why or why not? 2. How do Title VII and its amendments protect employees? Are laws necessary to govern ethical treatment of employees? Why or why not? Explain. I need about 100 to 150 words with 1 or 2 references to complete this p
(collective bargaining)mediation generally provides a faster resolution of issues compared to arbitration. Do a solution?
(collective bargaining)mediation generally provides a faster resolution of issues compared to arbitration. Do you think that is provides a better solution? why or why not? explain your answer 200-300 words APA format.
Need help in preparing a 1100 word paper on What is the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002? Why was it enacted? How did it affect the reporting requirements for U.S. companies? How does it affect small business owners. Like before this will go through Turnitin Please include all references.
In 200 words: Define ethics. Discuss the difference between law and ethics in business. Evaluate organizational influences on ethical ground rules and values. Define business ethics. Is it possible that something unethical is not illegal? Give an example of an unethical behavior that does not break the law. How
1. A number of football fans from LA purchased a tour package through Shifty Travel Agency (Shifty). The package included transportation, lodging, and tickets to the Super Bowl at New Orleans. Shifty acted as a broker for Honest Tours (Honest), and the fans contracted with Honest for the package. However, when they got to New Or
1. In 100-150 words I want to implement this information in my paper: What are the differences between employees and independent contractors? Is it possible for an employer to reclassify all of his employees as independent contractors? Why or why not? 2. In 100-150 words I want to implement this information in m
Arthur is a an 12 year old with an IQ of 150. On his birthday, Arthur received a gift of $500 in cash from his Aunt, who told him to buy what he wanted. Since Arthur was interested in stamps, he ordered the "100 Special Stamps a Month" offer for 12 months from the Excelsior Stamp and Coin Company. Arthur was mistaken about t
John is an employee in a private sector organization. He wants to file a discrimination complaint against his employer. Based on this scenario, prepare a 700-1,050-word response to analyze and explain the discrimination complaint and civil litigation processes as would potentially apply to John and his employer. Be sure to e
Myron, 21, does not have medical insurance. He was taken to the emergency room in an unconscious state. The ER physicians determined that he needed a pacemaker surgically implanted in order to save his life. A cardiac surgeon successfully performed the surgery. One month later, Myron received a bill for $30,000. He refuse
Attached are HW questions about employment law.
Please help with the following question. Locate the U.S. Constitution by using an online source. Review the U.S. Constitution and then answer the following questions. What article and section addresses the subject of a presidential veto of a bill passed by the House and the Senate? What is necessary in order for the Hou
Please help with the following problem found in the textbook: Business Law: The Ethical, Global, and E-Commerce Environment 13th edition written by Jane Mallor, A. James Barnes, Thomas Bowers, and Arlen W. Langvardt (2007). Please answer question in detail. 9. One wheel of a pre-1916 automobile manufactured by the Buick Mo
Are there any federal employment laws or regulations that protect an employee of 10 years who was previously a model employee who is now a problem due to personal problems (such as a divorce, inability to obtain childcare for a handicapped child, and chronic depression)? She's currently seeing a psychiatrist for depression but s
See attached file. P18-6 (Long-Term Contract with Interim Loss) On March 1, 2007, Franziska van Almsick Construction Company contracted to construct a factory building for Sandra Volker Manufacturing Inc. for a total contract price of $8,400,000. The building was completed by October 31, 2009. The annual contract costs inc
Can someone please read the below e-mail and make any suggestions/comments on how not to sound like I am annoyed? I am the one writining this e-mail and I need it re-written to sound better. I am frustrated and I don't want to come across that way. I don't feel this is my responsibility. It should be the responsibility of the