1. Using the intermediate Value theorem, show that the function f has a zero between a and b. f(x)=x^3+3x^2-9x-13, a=-5, b=-4 2. For the function h(x)=5x/((x+6)(x-4)), solve the following equation h(x)=0
Find an equation of the line that passes through the given point and has the given slope. Express your answer in slope-intercept form: 28) (8,0), m = -3 Find an equation of the line passing through the pair of points. Write the equation in slope intercept form 36) (4, 8) and (-3, 8) Find an equation at the line sati
Arts & Co. applies manufacturing overhead to jobs based on machine hours used. At the beginning of the year, the company estimated that overhead costs would total $86,000 for the year, and that the machine would run for 4,000 hours during the year. 1. Determine the pre-determined overhead rate for the year. 2. One jo
The following cost information is available for a single product manufactured and sold by Forever You Company: Variable costs: Direct materials $ 10 Fixed costs (in total): (Per unit) Direct labor 12 Fixed overhead $ 540,000 Variable overhead 3 Fixed selling 360,000 Variable selling 2
See the attachment. The purchasing department of a manufacturing firm has decided to apply its costs to jobs using an activity based costing system. Its costs of $490,000 are split among the three major activities: Activity Cost Allocation Measure Total Activity Finding suppliers $ 300,000 N
See the attached file. 1. Determine whether the graph of y = 3 + x2 is symmetric with respect to the x-axis, the y-axis, or the origin. 2. A salesperson earns a base salary of $2,000 per month and a commission of 5% on the amount of sales made. If the salesperson has a paycheck of $3,006 for one month,
Please help in preparing a differential analysis report on the case study mentioned, dated April 21 of the current year, on the proposal to sell at the special price. 'FDE Manufacturing Company has a normal plant capacity of 37,500 units per month. Because of an extra large quantity of inventory on hand, it expects to produce
The solution gives detailed steps on determining the divisional income from operations for the A and B regions.
Using the data from the Koko Company, determine the divisional income from operations for the A and B regions. I need to allocate service department expenses proportional to the sales of each region A Region B Region Sales $600,000 $900,000 Cost of goods sold 200,000 350,000 Selling expen
The solution offers detailed discussion for Product Pricing and Profit Analysis with Bottleneck Operations.
Atlas Steel Company produces three grades of steel: high, good, and regular grade. Each of these products (grades) has high demand in the market, and Atlas is able to sell as much as it can produce of all three. The furnace operation is a bottleneck in the process and is running at 100% of capacity. Atlas wants to improve steel
1. Using the exact interest method (365 days), find the amount of interest on the following loan Principal Rate (%) Time (days) Exact Interest $1,700 12½ % 33 (Points : 2) 2. What is the maturity value of the following loan? Use MV = P(1 + RT) to find the maturity. Principal Rate (%) Time Maturity Value $120,740 11
Six Questions Show Work 1. The number of representatives N that each state has varies directly as the number of people P living in the state. If New York, with 19,254,630 residents has 29 representatives, how many representatives does Colorado, with a population of 4,665,177, have? 2. Find the center and radius of th
Assume the project variance is 4 weeks. i. What is the probability that all the activities are completed within 19 weeks? ii. When is the due date if there is a 90% of completing all the activities?
I want assistance with c(i) and c(ii) only in following question. The project of building a backyard swimming pool consists of eight major activities and has to be completed within 19 weeks. The activities and related data are given in the following table: Activity Immediate predecessor Activity time (weeks) A - 3 B - 6
"A northern hardware company is studying a plan to open a new distribution center in southeast. The company plans to rent a warehouse and an adjacent office, and distribute its main products to the local dealers. The company has decided to initially start with four of its main products: Pressure washers, Go karts, Generators, an
Please help solve the following age-related problems. Problem 1 Barbie's father's age is 45. He is 15 more than than twice the age of Barbie. How old is Barbie? Problem 2 Brenda's age is 3 times Layton's age. In 4 years, she will be twice as old as Layton by then. What are their present ages?
You have decided to buy some office furniture. Please respond to all of the following prompts: 1. First, go to http://www.officemax.com/. Find the price of a conference table you would like to buy. 2. If you need to buy 6 chairs additionally for the table and have a $2000 budget, what is the highest price you can pay for a
Eva created a coffee blend for her restaurant by mixing Kenya and French Roast coffee beans. The Kenya beans cost $15 per pound and the French Roast costs $8 per pound. She bought a total of 10 pounds of coffee for a total of $97.50. How much of each type of bean did she buy? A) 2.5 lbs Kenya and 7.5 lbs French Roast B)
The solution gives detailed steps on setting a linear equation using the example of saving plan. All the formula and calcuations are shown and explained. An excel output is also included.
Sophie has been saving money at a regular rate and noticed that x months after her 15th birthday, she had saved a total of 20x + 244 dollars. Which of the following statements correctly describes her savings plan? How did you get that answer? A) By her 15th birthday, she had saved 20 dollars and was able to save an additiona
Xinhua Manufacturing Company has been generating stable revenues but sees no growth in it for the foreseeable future. The company's last dividend was $3.25, and it is unlikely to change the amount paid out. If the required rate of return is 12 percent, what is the stock worth today?
You will use your height to plug into the formula to solve for W, the weight range that will go with each category. You may prefer to solve the formula for the variable W before plugging in values, which is fine. Please include: - A solution to the above problem, making sure to include all mathematical work - A discussion on
I am having problems with Excel. I just don't understand how to make it do what I need it to do. This is what I have in Excel 2010: Magazine 2008 2009 Details 72.31 48.42 Esquire 66.69 42.79 Field & Stream 48.65 42.82 Flex 219.61 231.58 GQ 99.21 60.35 Maxim 68.5 41.82 Men's Fitness 99.43 67.63 Men's Health 90.88 74.4
A rocket is modelled by a particle that moves along a vertical line. From launch, the rocket rises until its motor cuts out after 13 seconds. At this time it has reached a height of 490 metres above the launch pad and attained an upward velocity of 70ms−1. From this time on, the rocket has a constant upward acceleration of −
In the quadrilateral PQRS shown below, the side PQ has length 5 metres, the side QR has length 6 metres, and the side RS has length 7 metres. The angle at P is a right angle, and no angle of the quadrilateral exceeds 180◦. The side PS has length x metres, where the value of x is between 0 and 12. (The quadrilateral described c
1. Find the midpoint of the line segment joining the points p1 and p2 P1= (1.1) P2= (-4,3) Midpoint is______ 2. Find the equation of a line that is parallel to the line x=9 and contains the point (-4,9). The equation of the parallel line is______ 3. Find the equation of a line that is perpendicular to the line y=1/3x+7
1. Solve the equation (3/4)^x=(27/64) X=____ 2. Graph the equation y=log9^x 3. Solve the following logarithmic equation. 3log4^x=-log4^64 X=_____ 4. Solve the equation In x^+In(x+2)=2 X=___ 5. Solve the equation log1/5(x2+x)-log1/5(x^2-x)=-1 X=___ 6. Solve the following exponential equation 5^x=8 X=____ 7. Solve t
1. Evaluate the expression without using a calculator log ₂1 2. Solve the equation 4^(3x+1) = 64 (simplify)(fraction) 3. Find the domain of the composite function f*g f(x)=sqrt(x); g(x)=8x+4 4. Find the domain of the composite function f*g f(x)=4/x-2; g(x)=9/x 5. Use the transformation to identify the graph
The solution gives detailed steps on calculating the concentration of alcohol if the equation for relative risk of an accident is given. All formula and calculations are shown and explained.
The concentration of alcohol in a person's bloodstream is measurable. Suppose that the relative risk of having an accident while driving a car can be modeled by the equation: R = e^(kx) Where x is the percent of concentration of alcohol in the bloodstream and k is a constant. (a) Suppose that a concentration of alcohol i
1. Find the domain of the function. f(x) = -3x + 2 2. Find the indicated function value.f(x) = x - 2, g(x) = x + 1 Find (f + g)(-1). 3. For the pair of functions, determine the domain of f + g. f(x) = 2x + -9, g(x) = 4x + -3 4. For the pair of functions, determine the domain of f + g. f(x) = 4x + 3, g(x) = 3x + 8 5. Use inte
See 7 questions attached.
1. Given the quadratic equation y=-x^2+2x+8, find: a) the vertex b) the axis of symmetry c) the intercepts d) the domain e) the range f) the interval where the function is increasing and g) the interval where the function is decreasing h) graph the function y=-x^2+2x+8 2. The following polynomial represents a profit
Use transformations of f(x)=x^2 to graph the following function 1. g(x)=x^2+3 2. g(x)=(x-4)^2+4 3. g(x)=4(x+3)^2-2 4. g(x)=-3(x+5)^2+3 Find the function that is finally graphed the following transformations are applied to the graph of y=sqrt of x in the order listed 1. shift up 9 units 2. Reflect about the x-axis 3. R