Here is the question: A small city contains 2500 people. If the population doubles every 25 years. How large will the population be in 225 years?
I need help figuring this problem out. find the average weight in pounds of a type of bird of your choice. Use the rational exponent equation L = 2.43 * W^0.3326 to estimate the wingspan L in feet of the bird that weighs W pounds (Rockswold, 2006). Include in your post the type of bird and the average weight and show the calc
Part 1. Computation of Indices Below is information on food items for the years 2000 and 2004. Item 2000 2004 Price Quantity Price Quantity Margarine (pound) $0.81 18 $0.89 27 Shortening (pound) 0.81 5 0.94 9 Milk (½ gallon) 1.44 70 1.43 65 Potato chips 2.91 27 3.07 33 A. Compute a simple price index for each of
Need detailed help with word problems: Solving simultaneous equations from word descriptions using variuos methodolgies
Write a system of two equations in two unknowns for each problem. Solve each system by substitution. See Examples 8 and 9. 92. Investing her bonus. Donna invested her $33,000 bonus and received a total of $970 in interest after one year. If part of the money returned 4% and the remainder 2.25%, then how much did she invest
Demand for a popular athletic shoe is nearly constant at 800 pairs per week for a regional division of a national retailer. The cost per pair is $54. It costs $72 to place an order, and annual holding costs are charged at 22% of the cost per unit. The lead time is two weeks. a. What is the EOQ? b. What is the reorder point? c
10. Write each equation in slope-intercept form. y + 3 = - 3(x - 6). See Example 1. 24. Find the equation of the line that goes through the given point and has the given slope. Write the answer in slope-intercept form. (-1, - 5), - 8. See Example 1. 56. Find the equation of each line. Write each answer in slope interce
I could use some help with these problems, thanks! 1. After completing the fencing job from two weeks ago, the company sends you to construct some fencing near a river. Your client wants you to enclose a corral adjacent to a river as in the diagram below. [see attachment] a. Write an equation that represents
The graphs of the following systems are given in (a) through (d). Match each system with the correct graph.
Section 7.1 #22 The graphs of the following systems are given in (a) through (d). Match each system with the correct graph. 3x-5y = -9 5x-6y = -8 Section 7.1 #24 The graphs of the following systems are given in (a) through (d). Match each system with the correct graph. 4x + 5y = -2 4y -x = 11 Section 7.
1. Find the quotient of 10 and 2 added to the product of 20 and 2. 2. The formula N=0.07x + 4.1 models the number of women, N, in millions, enrolled in U.S. colleges x years after 1984. How many years after 1984 is the projected enrollment for women expected to reach 6.2 million? In which year is this expected? 3.The o
Solve the equation x^6 = 1 in F_19. Do not use brute force. I know I can just substitute in x=0 ... x=18, but rather than doing that, I would like to know a more clever method so I can solve such equations easily in general.
The math Problems that I need help with are below. #1) Find the slope, if it exist, of the line containing the pair of points. (8,10) and (9,-6) The slope m= What? #2 Find the slope and the y- intercept F(x) = -10x -3 The slope is what? The y- intercept is (0, what o
Flying against the wind, an airplane travels 6030 km in 9 hours. Flying with the wind, the same plane travels 7600km in 8 hours. What is the rate of the plane in still air and what is the rate of the wind?
Question 1. The demand equation for a certain brand of metal alloy audio cassette tape is: 100 x^2 + 9 p^2 = 3600, where x represents the number (in thousands) of ten-packs demanded each week when the unit price is $p. How fast is the quantity demanded increasing when the unit price per ten-pack is $14 and the selling price is d
Question #6 / 24 Graph the line. We use the table x y -3 4.00 -2 4.33 -1 4.67 0 5.00 1 5.33 2 5.67 3 6.00 4 6.33 5 6.67 6 7.00 The graph is given by Question #7 / 24 Graph the line. We use the table x y -3 -2.75 -2 -2.50 -1 -2.25 0 -2.00 1 -1.75 2 -1.50 3 -1.25 4 -1.00 5 -0.75 6 -0.50
1. Determine whether the given ordered pair is a solution of the equation. (-5,1); 2p - 3q = -13 2. For the equation, find the intercepts, Then use the intercepts to graph the equation. 4x - 3y = 12 3. Find the slope of a treadmill. 0.4ft by 5ft 4. Find an equation of the line containing the given poi
.Solve the problem. A yardstick measures 0.5 by 2 by 36 inches. How many yardsticks will fit in a box 3 inches wide and 36 inches high, if the length of the box is 14 inches? 2. Gerard wants to replace his from door with a solid wood door. The solid wood door will be shaped like a rectangular solid and will measure 78 1/2 in
Lets say Costco price club claims that they sell a 6 pack of Coors Beer at the wholesale price plus an additional 5% off. But with Costco, you also have to pay a yearly membership fee of $60 just to have the privilege of shopping there. The wholesale price of Coors at Costco is $3.50 a six pack. The 5% discount is taken at th
1)Trains a and B are traveling in the same direction on parallel tracks. Train A is traveling @ 100 miles per hour and train B is traveling @ 120 miles per hour. Train A passes a station @ 1:20pm. If train B passes the same station @ 1:32pm, at what time will train B catch up to train A? when will train B catch up with train A?
Pick a country of your choice that is experiencing population growth. Using the Library, web resources, and/or other materials to find the most recent population count of the country you have chosen and the population growth rate of that country. Use that growth rate to approximate the population in the year 2015. Solve the prob
1. Could you share a few specific mathematical examples to demonstrate For instance, if I said an important concept of distributive property for the following example is? Example 4(x+2) = 4x + 8 2. When we square a product, we square each factor in the product. For example (4b) 2= 16b2. Explain why we cannot squar
Background: In the beginning of the year, we discussed qualitative graphs and independent/dependent variables. One of the situations we graphed was the temperature of some food taken out of the oven while we waited for it to cool enough to put into the refrigerator. This situation can actually be modeled with an exponential e
John has a choice of using one of two parking garages when he visits downtown: Option1: $8 an hour for the first two hours, then $2 and hour for each hour more than 2; or Option 2: $10 for the first hour and $2.50 for each hour more than one. Let x = total hours parked. a) Write a mathematical model representing the total parking cost, C, in terms of x for the following (assume John is parking for more than 2 hours): Option 1: C=8+2(x-2)_________________ Option 2: C=10+2.5(x-1)_________________ b) John plans to spend the day downtown (more than 2 hours), how many total hours would John have to park for the cost of option 1 to be less than option 2. Set up an inequality and show your work algebraically using the information in part a. Answer: Show your work here:
John has a choice of using one of two parking garages when he visits downtown: Option1: $8 an hour for the first two hours, then $2 and hour for each hour more than 2; or Option 2: $10 for the first hour and $2.50 for each hour more than one. Let x = total hours parked. a) Write a mathematical model representing the tota
Mr. Joe plans to fence in a rectangular barn lot for his cows. He plans to make a barbed-wire fence that has 3 strands of wire. He has 3 partly-used rolls of barbed wire and plans to use all of the wire for his fence. He wants to fence in the largest lot possible. One roll of wire has 112'. The second roll has 64', and the third
1. Solve using the five-step problem-solving process. Show all steps necessary to arrive at your solution. The supplement of an angle measures 40° more than twice its complement. Find the measure of the angle. 2. Solve using the five-step problem-solving process. Show all steps necessary to arrive at your solution. Yo
1. Solve the system of equations & find the ordered pairs x + 9y = 4 (1) x = 5-9y (2) 2. Solve by the substitution method 4x+9y=60 x=69-9y 3. I am having trouble with two word problems: a) Train A and B are traveling in the same direction on parallel tracks. Train A is traveling at 40mph and t
Determine whether the equation is an identity, a conditional equation, or an inconsistent equation... Solve the equation... Solve the equation... Plot the given point in a rectangular coordinate system... Use the graph to determine the x- and y-intercepts... Use the five-step strategy for solving word problems to find the n
Betty Malloy owner of the Eagle Tavern in Pittsburgh, is preparing for Super Bowl Sunday, and the must determine how much beer to stock. Betty stocks three brand of beer-Yodel, Shortz,and Rainwater. The cost per gallon (to the tavern owner) of each brand is as follow: Brand Cost/Gallon ------------------------ Yodel
1-3. Set up a system of linear equations to describe the following problem and solve the system using one of the methods discussed this week. At the end of the year, a business has made a profit of $151,000. They must calculate the amount of tax due to the federal government and to the state. The federal tax rate is 30%, and th
1. If the distance from the earth to the sun were 92,900,000 miles, how long would it take a rocket, traveling at 2.8 × 103 miles per hour, to reach the sun? (Round to three places) 2. A circular window of radius 13 inches is to be laminated with a sun block coating that costs $0.95 per square inch to apply. What is the to
See the attached file. A real estate developer is planning a new mini apartment complex. Three types of units can be built: one-bedroom apartments, two-bedroom apartments, and three-bedroom apartments. Each one-bedroom apartment requires 650 square feet; each two-bedroom apartment requires 800 square feet; and each three-bed