28) (8,0), m = -3
Find an equation of the line passing through the pair of points. Write the equation in slope intercept form
36) (4, 8) and (-3, 8)
Find an equation at the line satisfying the conditions given. Express your answer in standards form:
40) Parallel to 2y+x=7 and passing through (-5, -4)
42) Perpendicular to y=3x and passing through (-3, 2)
Determine whether the given ordered paid is a solution to the system of equations:
6) (-4, 2/3)
2x - 3(y - 5) = 5
6y = x + 8
Solve the system of equations by graphing. Check your solution.
10) 3x - y = 5
2x - 3y = -6
Find the solution of each system by the addition (elimination) method. Check your answers.
26) 5s + 9T = 6
4s + 3T = 15
28) Using the standard form of linear equation: y-0=-3(x-8)=3x-24, the equation is y=3x-24
36) Slope m=(8-8)/(-3-4)=0. Using the standard form of linear equation: y-8=0(x-4)=0, the equation is y=8
40) Transfer 2y+x=7 to standard form to get y=-x/2+7/2. Hence the slope m=-1/2. Since our target line is parallel to y=-x/2+7/2, the slope of our target line is m=-1/2. Since the target line passes through (-5,-4), using the standard form of linear equation: ...
The solution gives detailed steps on solving a set of math questions including finding linear line for given condition and solve system of equations.