1. a. Solve
b. Find the x-intercepts of
2. Determine the nature of the solutions of the equation
4. The width of a rectangle is 3 ft less than the length. The area is 4 ft . Find the length and the width.
5. For the scatterplot, determine which of the following types of functions might be used as a model for the data
8. Find the vertex, the line of symmetry, the maximum or minimum value of the quadratic function, and then graph the function.
13. Give exact and approximate solutions to three decimal places.
14. Find the x-intercepts and y-intercepts.
15. Write a quadratic equation having the given numbers as solutions.
-11 and -9
16. The number of tickets sold each day for an upcoming performance of Handel's Messiah is given by , where x is the number of days since the concert was first announced. When will daily ticket sales peak and how many tickets will be sold that day?
This provides examples of working with equations, including solving, finding intercepts, graphing, and quadratics.