Algebra equations, word problems, and graphs (see attachment)
1. solve the following system of equations:
x + 3y = 2
x = 6 - 3y
2. Determine the slope of the line shown in the right
3. Trains A and B are traveling in the same direction on parallel tracks. Train A is traveling at 60 miles per hour and train B is traveling at 80 miles per hour. Train A passes a station 6:20 A.M. If train B passes the same station at 6:32 A.M. at what time will train B catch up to train A?
4. Solve the system of equations by graphing. Then classify the system as consistent or inconsistent and as dependent or independent.
8x - 6y = 36
6y - 8x = -36
What is the solution of the system of equations? A. A point, B. No solution, C. Infinitely many solutions
5. Find the indicated outputs for f(x) =3x^2 - 2x. f(0), f(-1), f(2)
6. Solve the inequality using the addition and multiplication principles: 8x + 8x < 48
7. Use the intercepts to graph the equations: x + 2y = 4
8. Find the domain of the function: g(x) = 10/(8 - 5x)
9. Multiply -3/4 * (4/1)
10. Amy paid $78.89 for a pair of running shoes during a 35% off sale. What was the regular price?
The solution is comprised of detailed explanations to a set of basic algebra questions, such as solving system of linear equations, finding the domain of the function, graphing the line using intercepts, etc.