What are some measures a company can take to reasonably accommodate people with disabilities, or those with a known drug abuse problem? Should factors like personality, attitude towards work, and future upward mobility be considered when hiring? Why or why not? Can Title VII override the employment environment and conditio
The chief financial officer remembers that he had paid Fiduciary Foo, an agent for Gross Insurance company, the initial installment of $25,000 on an insurance premium for a $10,000,000 business insurance policy two months ago. Unfortunately Fiduciary Foo deceased shortly after receiving the premium, and before he had been able t
Describe how the federal and state systems of government may or may not differ in their application of employment laws. Provide at least one example of an employment protection that is provided by the California state system but not by the federal system.
Identify an employment law case pertaining to National Origin and Disability. For each case identified, provide a brief summary and identify the statute or regulation interpreted in the case. Explain the relationship between the case and relevant statutes and/or regulations. Examine how the statute and/or regulations have evolve
Well basically, I received a "research and Annotation Project." I'm just kinda unsure what a research and annotation project is - we were given a bunch of questions to choose from and were only to choose one, i chose "are trade unions still relevant and important for workers today?" according to the outline we were then to choos
1. Why is the title to real property permanent whereas some intellectual property is limited in the time that it is protected? 2. Owning real property does not mean that all rights are protected. Show two examples of where rights are limited in the ownership of land or personal property. 3. What is the difference between
Please proofread and edit. Specifically, subject verb agreement, spelling punctuation, sentence structure and cohesiveness. I am horrible at writing and any help you can provide would be useful. Also, I am concerned about transitioning into new paragraphs. How can I make sentences read more fluently. Your critique is helpful
Maury and Sons is an oilfield-drilling contractor. Maury has been dead for years and Monty and Max, two of Maury's grandsons, now operate the business as a general partnership. They contract with companies such as Exxon Mobil and BP-Amoco. Last year's contracts exceeded $1 million in revenues, an all-time high. The partnership
1) Why might an employer be reluctant to provide references? 2) Is it appropriate to conduct a pre-employment physical? Why or why not. Please explain.
1. Is it illegal discrimination to require separate dress codes for men and women? Can employers insist on different grooming standards? Why or why not? 2. What is the value of diversity in the workplace? Should diversity be mandated legally? Why or why not?
Please, choose (possibly) recent case in which an employer's activities were restricted due to religious rights of employees. Can you explain how the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's criteria for religious discrimination applies to the case.
I'm writitng extended paper (MBA level) on Family and Medical Leave Act. my example i sbased on a small company - 50 - 60 employees, with "employment at will" system, and the core business is providing highly trained armed security guards for any type of events. What are the responsibilities of that type of employer with
What is the significance of the Pregnancy Disability Act? Can a company ever consider pregnancy in its employment decisions? Example: stewardess in late pregnancy, or female employee in toxic lab, can the employee refuse to hire her in order to protect the fetus?
1. How do privacy rights differ for private versus public employees? Why? 2. Can your company legally change your job responsibilities, reduce your salary, and/or assign you to a different department? Why or why not?
What would be some of the issues to consider in determining if the ADR process is the way to go?
Many people try to represent themselves when it comes to the law, however when it comes to health issues, for example, they do not think twice about going to see a doctor. Medicine is complicated too and yet we would not try to do complicated procedures ourselves. Thoughts, anyone?
1. The last half of the 20th century saw development of the legal concepts that we know as EEO, Affirmative Action, Sexual (and other) Harassment, and several related ideas. Near the end of the century, we saw court decisions that recognized the rights of those who were adversely affected by the implementation of the ideas - so-
1. What are the advantages and disadvantages for both employers and employees of resolving disputes through alternate dispute resolution, ADR? 2. Is our civil litigation process too complex? Why or why not?
True or False: Congress has enacted legislation that requires employers to hire certain individual or groups of individuals.
True or False Questions 1. T__ F__ Congress has enacted legislation that requires employers to hire certain individual or groups of individuals. 3. T__ F__ Symons, a member of the United States Communist Party, is refused a job because of her gender. Title VII provides her with a right of action against the employer,
Xx. Jennings, an African American man, works as a legal secretary for Harper and Williams, Attorneys. Although his work was adequate when he began, it never improved and never reached the level of competence of the other secretaries in the office with comparable experience. He was never offered any suggestions for improving hi
2. T__ F__ Zenith Corporation has a published workplace policy that reads: "Promotions to the level of supervisor and higher are limited to individuals with at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university." This is a facially neutral policy. 10. T__ F__ Blakely refuses to hire Beth, suspecting he
Julie is a 58 year old engineer of Asian decent. She has mentioned to several co-workers that she may retire in December. Julie is next in line for training which would prepare her for a promotion. The training is scheduled for October. Julie's supervisor, John over hears a group of employees discussing Julie's possible reti
What challenges and trends do you see in your workplace relating to employment law?
Should employers be responsible for employee safety while employees are working from home or working off site of the company building? Why or why not?
Discrimination, Hispanic FBI agents, Rule: 5.1.4. Title VII Action Use the IRAC formula to describe this case
The Federal Bureau of Investigation engaged in a pattern and practice of discrimination against Hispanic FBI agents. Job assignments and promotions we areas that were especially affected. Berardo M. Perez, an Hispanic, brought this Title VII action against the FBI. Did the FBI violate Title VII ? [Perez v. Federal Bureau o
Devon Overstreet, who worked as a bus driver for the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) for over six years, took a sick leave from January 30 to March 15, 1985. Because she had been on sick leave for more than seven days, CTA required her to take a medical examination. The blood and urine analysis indicated the presence of cocain
Describe how the federal and state systems of government may or may not differ in their applicatrion of employment laws. Provide at least one example of an employment protection that is provide by the Pennsylvania state system, but not by the federal system.
I need help with the topic: the EEOC process procedures, how to file a claim, mediation, etc.
A bank holds two promissory notes, Note A has 5,000 balence and note B has a 10,000 balence owed. The debtor on both notes pays 7,000 and a clerk in bank sends back both notes marked '' paid'' by mistake with a letter thanking customer. Six months later the bank demands the 8,000 balence on Note B and the debtor produces the ''p
Are bankruptcy petitioners still required to file their federal taxes for the year they filed for bankruptcy? Eg. filed Chapter 7 in 2005 and received a discharge on 2/2006. Is a tax filing required for year 2005?