Are bankruptcy petitioners still required to file their federal taxes for the year they filed for bankruptcy? Eg. filed Chapter 7 in 2005 and received a discharge on 2/2006. Is a tax filing required for year 2005?
BrainMass Solutions Available for Instant Download
How the federal and state sytems of government may or may not differ in their application of employment law
In the state of Florida I need an example of an employment protection by my state not by the federal system.
What is ADR? What are some of the advantages and disadvantages for both employees and employers in resolving disputes throught the use of ADR?
Please explain where I can understand these questions better. What is ADR? ADR is used to resolve employment disputes in ever increasing numbers today. What are some of the advantages and disadvantages for both employees and employers in resolving disputes through the use of ADR? I am struggling trying to get a clear und
21 The two main important issues arising from ERISA compliance are: A) funding sources. B) reporting and disclosure. C) fiduciary issues. D) a and b. E) a and c. F) b and c. 22 ERISA reporting and disclosure laws do not apply to welfare plans with fewer than ________ employees. A) 25. B) 50. C) 75. D) 100.
16 The greatest cause of employee workplace death is from: A) slip and fall accidents. B) workplace disease. C) machinery accidents. D) vehicle accidents. 17 OSHA's continual-training requirement states that employers must provide safety training for all new hires
11 Title VII protections apply to: A) managerial employees. B) non-managerial salaried employees. C) hourly wage employees. D) all of the above. 12 One hundred black employees have taken a promotion test. If 90 of the black applicants have passed, how many white em
6 If an employee is successful in an action alleging wrongful discharge, the employee may be entitled to: A) compensatory damages. B) punitive damages. C) reinstatement. D) compensatory damages and punitive damages but not reinstatement. E) compensatory damages, punitive damages and reinst
1) Employee Safety, Health, and Welfare Law Paper a. From the following employee safety, health, and welfare laws: 2) Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) b. Explain the application of the law in the current employment environment. Describe the impetus of the selected law and how it evolved from organized labor activity t
16 Reverse discrimination: A) is a lawsuit or claim brought by a minority member who feels adversely affected by the use of the affirmative action plan. B) only discriminates against white men interview process. C) accounts for only 3 percent of the charges filed with the EEOC . D
What is the history and evolution of title VII? References please!
A. What are some measures a company can take to reasonably accommodate people with disabilities, or those with a known drug abuse problem? b. Should factors like personality, attitude toward work, and future upward mobility be considered when hiring? Why or why not? c. Can Title VII override the employment environment and
3. Disparate Impact/Disparate Treatment Case Study Find a case that illustrates disparate impact and a different case that illustrates disparate treatment. a. A brief description of the relevant facts b. The ruling and reasoning of the court c. The specific implications of the ruling for your employment environment d. App
1) Under what circumstances is it legal, advisable, and/or ethical to engage in the following practices: a) Require pre-offer medical examinations of some applicants and not others? b) Require post-offer, pre-employment medical examinations of some applicants and not others? c) Retain information generated by medical and pre-
16 Which of the following, has as its purpose, the protection of employees from wrongful denial of all types of benefits, including retirement and pension benefits? A) the Older Workers' Benefit Protection Act. B) the Employee Retirement Income Security Act. C) the Age Discrimination in E
6. The most obvious form of sexual harassment is: A) quid pro quo sexual harassment. B) hostile environment sexual harassment. C) sexual harassment based on female animus. D) sexual harassment based on male animus. 7. In Blakely v. Continental Airlines, Inc. the court said: A) sexual
A. Read the following scenario: Little Lamb Company needs an additional programmer for a special project. The company enters into a contract with Mary to complete this project. Just as the project is nearing completion, a new need arises for her services. She is asked to continue with the company to complete the new project. Wh
How is it possible that women make considerably less money then men for the same or similar jobs, even with the existence of the Equal Pay Act of 1967?
A. Read the following scenario: Little Lamb Company needs an additional programmer for a special project. The company enters into a contract with Mary to complete this project. Just as the project is nearing completion, a new need arises for her services. She is asked to continue with the company to complete the new proje
Are affirmative action plans necessary for social progress? Given that employment at will is the basic policy, how can employees then challenge a termination?
With references given, defines and explains methods for establishing a non-discriminatory work environment
What are the three commonly used methods for assuring a non-discriminatory work environment? Explain and evaluate how these methods are applied in the workplace.
Can Title VII override the employment environment and conditions detailed in a written employment contract between an employer and an employee?
I am looking for an interesting legal case involving disparate treatment that may have had an impact on the employment environment. Thanks!
Please suggest an interesting case involving disparate impact for a case study and how the case had an impact on the employment environment.
How do policies help to assure a non-discriminatory work environment?
I have been given a scenario dealing with criminal justice administration and I need some guidance.The situation is, I have just been appointed as the new court administrator for a medium sized court system with approximately 75 employees and five full time courts. This is a new position for the courts, as in the past each indiv
Explain and evaluate how the Implementation of the EEO policy is applied in the Non-discriminatory workplace?
1. Is Victoria covered by FMLA? 2. How should the supervisor have handled Victoria's requests in the past? In the future? 3. Can the supervisor discipline her for excessive absenteeism? Why? Why NOT? 4. What should the supervisor do now? Victoria has been a sales agent for a telemarketing firm in California for fou
1. Without having read the specific OSHA standards, do you think the company should receive a citation? 2. How sound is the company's defense? What cases support their defense? What cases could be used against their defense? 3. Is the company liable for any of Sharon's medical expenses? Sharon is a rebel. she always b
This is the question I need help with: 1. What are the three commonly used methods for assuring a non-discriminatory work environment and explain and evaluate how these methods are applied in the workplace. Can your answer be in paragraphs and can you give me the sources. Thanks you. Your help is much appreciated.
1. Explain the application of UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION and the IMMIGRATION REFORM ACT in the current employment environment. DESCRIBE the impetus and how it evolved from organized labor activity to more widespread application.