I have been given a scenario dealing with criminal justice administration and I need some guidance.The situation is, I have just been appointed as the new court administrator for a medium sized court system with approximately 75 employees and five full time courts. This is a new position for the courts, as in the past each individual court has primarily managed itself, except for the employee hiring process, which was completed through the County Human Resource Division. Upon taking my post Iquickly find out that none of the courts seem to be willing to cooperate with each other, or for that matter, any of the other various county offices, such as the County Clerks Office and the District Attorney's Office. Rumors and gossip about mismanagement abound, and the communications process between the five courts appears to be at a stand still. The courts currently have a huge backlog of cases awaiting trial, and in addition, employee morale is low and the turnover rate high.
I need to know how I would go about responding to this organizational problem.
Which problem would you address first, and exactly how would you address it?
In addition, how would you respond to the employee morale and the turnover problem that was identified?
What techniques could be employed to improve communications throughout the organization and create a more harmonious work environment?
What method or tactic would you use in order to reduce the backlog of cases awaiting trial?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 5:48 pm ad1c9bdddf
Based on the scenario, this solution addresses the questions on leadership, communication and motivation in the criminal justice administration.
Leadership: Motivation & Communication
1. Maslow's needs-hierarchy is still relevant in the 21st century. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Illustrate your answer with relevant examples.
2. List and briefly describe the nine ways of acting to improve motivation in organizations.
3. Explain the theories of motivation from the perspective of which theory is best for motivating employees in a public organization (your choice). This measurement should demonstrate your ability to illustrate a realistic link between leadership theories and motivational approaches.
4. What steps can be taken to improve the quality of communication in organizations?
5. Discuss how technology has affected communication in public organizations. Please provide examples to justify answer.
6. Explain cultural competency and generational diversity from the perspective of leadership.View Full Posting Details