2. T__ F__ Zenith Corporation has a published workplace policy that reads: "Promotions to the level of supervisor and higher are limited to individuals with at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university." This is a facially neutral policy.
10. T__ F__ Blakely refuses to hire Beth, suspecting her to be an undocumented alien. Beth presented documentation of her right to work, but Blakely has encountered forged documents from members of Beth's ethnic group before and assumes that Beth's documents are also forgeries. IRCA protects Blakely against liability for wrongful discrimination in this type of case.
Multiple Choice Questions (highlight, underline or bold one answer.)
14. Under Executive Order 11246, a workforce analysis
a. must be performed by every employer in an industry affecting commerce and having 50 or more employees.
b. must be performed by federal contractors having a contract of $50,000 or more, and 50 or more employees.
c. must be performed by any employer engaging in court-ordered affirmative action.
d. is prohibited by Title VII under the theory that knowledge of the percentage of certain groups in the workforce will prompt unconscious discrimination.
18. In O'Connor v. Consolidated Coin Caterers, the U.S. Supreme Court held that
a. a plaintiff is not precluded from stating a claim for age discrimination if the person receiving the workplace benefit that had been sought by the plaintiff was given to a younger individual, even if the younger individual is over 40 years of age.
b. a plaintiff is precluded from stating a claim for age discrimination if the person receiving the workplace benefit is older than the plaintiff.
c. claims of disparate impact discrimination are not recognized under the ADEA.
d. an act that violates ERISA will, as a matter of law, violate the ADEA.
22. An employer's duties under IRCA include:
a. verification of the authenticity of documents presented, by applicants, for verification of the right to work in the U.S.
b. the initiation of deportation of illegal aliens who apply for employment.
c. inquiry into the citizenship or residence status of all job applicants, and refraining from hiring undocumented workers.
d. assisting undocumented alien applicants in obtaining the proper authorizations to work in the U.S.
List the statutes/laws enforced by the EEOC.
? Title VII of the Civil Rights ...
Multiple Choice questions and answers about a variety of legal topics and issues; laws and employment.