Silver Phosphate, Ag3PO4, is an ionic compound with a solubility product constant Ksp of 206 x 10 ^ - 18. Calculate the solubility of this compound in: a) pure water b) 0.2 mol L-1 or 0.2 M Na3PO4 I was able to solve part a, I got the solubility of silver phosphate in water to be 1.76 x 10 ^ -5 M. I am not sure how
1. Draw structural diagrams and give the names for the isomers of pentane. 2. When 2-butene reacts with hydrogen chloride gas, only one product is detected, whereas when 1-butene reacts similarly, two products are usually found. Explain this. 3. Geometric isomers exist in the alkenes but not in the alkynes. Explain why.
In this problem the H NMR spectrum of styrene oxide shows that protons 1, 2, and 3 all have different chemical shift values. Proton 2 is coupled to both proton 1 (J= 5.8 Hz) and proton 3 (J=2.5 Hz). Draw a scale tree diagram and your best rendering of the resulting peaks for proton 2. See attached file for full problem desc
Calculate the molar mass of sucrose. How many mol sucrose did you start with in this lab? How many mol ethanol would you obtain if all the sucrose is converted? I used 25g sucrose in 150 ml.
Are there differences between having electron-donating groups and electron-withdrawing groups on benzoate esters? Why or why not?
Find <px2> for the first three energy eigenfunctions of a particle in an infinite dimensional well. (Hint: You might want to use the energy eigenvalues to avoid a lot of detailed calculations.)
See attached for 3 multiple choice problems.
Isomers/VSEPR Questions. 1. Diethyl ether and butanol are .............. isomers. 2. A non zero dipole moment is exhibited by............. 3. The bond angle in PH3 is............ 4. ......... has trigonal planar shape. See attached file for full problem description.
Giving reasons for your answers, indicate whether each of the following formulas is saturated, unsaturated, or impossible to exist. A. C2H5 B. C4H10 C. C3H12 D. C2H2 E. CH2
Working on my lab practical and I need to prepare the following compounds. Could you please help me with them. See attached file for full problem description.
1) How many grams of CO2 can you obtain from the combustion of 280 g of butane? 2) Write the developed formula of the following compounds (they are in Spanish) a) 2Chlorine 2metil 1hexanol b) 3 hidroxipentanoico c) Etanoato de metilo d) Metal propel amina e) 3 hidroxi 1metil benceno 3) Assign the name and complete wi
We are performing an experiment involving the crystallization of sulfanilamide using 95% ethyl alcohol as the solvent. I am having trouble creating a hypothesis and I wanted your help on creating one. The graph attached on the scan will help.
Assign formal charges to each atom in the attached file. Cross out the configurations that are not reasonable, and provide an explanation (eg large charge, incomplete octet, octet exceeded).
On the basis of the Hückel rule for aromaticity, decide whether each of the attached compounds is aromatic or not, and state why. Note: If you have the correct answer but the wrong reason, you will get no credit.
2. Develop a four point argument to predict whether O or N is thermodynamically more basic in the following structure (See attachment for structural formula) 3. Predict whether the E or Z will be produced by E2 elimination for the following structure (1-bromo-1,2 -diphenylpropane). Use wedge and dashed line of Newman or sawho
See the attached file. Match a structure from the attachment to: a. an octapeptide with a C-terminal valine. b. an amino acid in its zqitterionic form. c. a polypeptide which gives four fragments on treatment with chymotrypsin d. the product of an edman degradation e. a carboxyl-protected amino acid. f. a peptid
What is the correct structure for D-glucopyranose? What is the relationship between the following compounds? a) anomers b) meso compounds c) enantiomers d) equivalent structures What is the relationship between the following compounds ? a) anomers b) meso compounds c) enantiomers d) equivalent structures
What are the advantages of NMR and MS write one compound which you can identify using each of these techniques.
1) Use the synthetic division to find: f(-2) f(x)= 2x^2 - 3x^2 + 7x - 12 2) For the function f(x) = -x^3 + 8x^2 - 40 Show how to use synthetic division to find out if -1 is a zero. 3) One of the zeros of the function f(x) = x^3 - 7x^2 + 17x - 15 is 2-i. Find all the other zeros 4) Use the intermediate value theor
(See attached file for full problem descriptions) D. Assume you have a mixture of the three amino acids. Predict the electrophoresis pattern you would expect to see at pH 7.6. Explain your prediction by indicating charges expected on each amino acid at pH 7.6 3. The amino acid, isoleucine, is shown attached. Show what re
I need some help with these questions: A. Explain the following NMR spectrum for N,N - Dimethylformamide. At room temperature, three peaks are observed: 1. 2.9 (singlet, 3H) 2. 3.0 (singlet 3H) 2. 8.0 (singlet, 1H) As the temperature is raised, only 2 peaks are observed: 1. 2.95 (singlet, 6H) 2. 8.0 (singlet, 1H) B.
5. Show the products of the following reagents (see attached file) with p-methylbenzoic acid. 6. Match the compounds with the following boiling points. Be sure to explain your selections in terms of intermolecular forces involved (see attached file). (See attached file for full problem description)
A. Draw structures for the following compounds (see attached file) B. Name the following compounds (see attached file) C. Rank the following compounds in terms of increasing acidity. Explain your reasoning. (see attached file) (See attached file for full problem description)
(See attached file for full problem description) p_Ethyl aniline is treated with NaNO3 in HCl to generate the diazonium salt. For the first two, show what reagents are necessary to convert the salt to the products shown below. For the third, show what product is obtained. Synthesize the following compounds using the startin
1. Which of the isomeric amines below has a higher boiling point? Explain your reasonsing and make a drawing to illustrate the intermolecular forces involved: (CH3 -CH2-CH2)3-N vs. CH3-(CH2)8-NH2 2. Show the reagents needed to synthesize 1-propanamine from the following: CH3CH2CHO CH3CH2CN CH3CH2CONH2 3. Name t
The C-H stretching mode of chloroform (CHCl3) which occurs at 3022/cm, is one of the rare exceptions to the 3000/cm rule. What is the rule? Suggest an explanation for this exception.
1. What are the ingredients of a cephalin? 2. Which fatty acid is always unsaturated in a cephalin? Why? 3. What is the enzyme system used in the formation of the prostalandins and thromboxanes? 4. Would you expect sodium ions (Na+) to be able to pass easily into a cell through bi-layer membrane wall? Why or Why not?
Third period elements react with O2 to form Al2O3, SiO2 and P2O5. What is formed with Germanium and Oxygen?
Please answer the following questions. 1. Using sketches, demonstrate why the addition of HCN to 2-butanone yields a racemic mixture of chiral products. Circle the chiral carbon in each product. 2. Describe spectroscopic or chemical tests to distinguish between the following pairs of compounds: a. 2-pentanone vs 2-pentano
Methanol, Ethanol, & 1-Propanol 1) How would you sketch these three alcohol molecules? 2) What is each of their polarity? 3) What differences might you expect in the comparative solubility of each of them in lipids? WHY??? 4) If you were to add 2 drops of sheep blood to each of these alcohols (about 1/3 of a small te