1. Discuss how correctional facilities classify inmates. 2. Gangs, drugs, and racism are the three main problems facing juvenile corrections today. Do you believe theses issues are in decline? Why or why not? What do you think should be done to reduce or eliminate these problems?
Trait and factor theory has been used consistently since 1909 and a great deal of research has been conducted to prove its worth. Why do you think the theory has held its ground for such a long time? A response thorough yet concise, reflecting a minimum of 70 words to a maximum of 150 words would be much appreciated! It wo
Can you explain the: 1- School of Thought on Biological Theory (and what factors influence personality development in this theory) 2 - Also, the Principles of Biological heory 3 - Time frame 4- Influences (historic happenings, other ideas, etc.)
What changes do you think have been made by prison administrations in order to avoid another Attica-type prison riot?
What changes do you think have been made by prison administrations in order to avoid another Attica-type prison riot? Compare and contrast the policies of Attica to typical prison policies today.
1. what is V Axes Diagnostic. The V Axes diagnostic system is used throughout the mental health system to provide an accurate, objective review of the evaluation completed by a licensed clinician. When complete, as you can see from our text, the V Axes diagnosis provides a complete picture of the client/patient. Identif
What is the essential difference between an "absolute threshold" and a "difference threshold?" Are there any similarities? Explain your answer.
Please answer the question below by posting two to three paragraphs. Thank you. How has probation in this country developed to where it is today?
Please post at least two to three paragraphs for these questions. Thank you. Take a virtual tour through Florida's state prisons on MyFlorida.com's Department of Corrections Web page. Then click on the link at the bottom of the page, "Misconceptions About Florida Prisons." Next, take a virtual tour of Georgia prisons. Be s
Using text, the Library, and the Internet for research pick out two perspectives of psychology and determine if one "school" of thought led to the other (Evolution) or if they conflicted (Revolution), leading to a clash of ideas that led to an eventual shift in psychological thought. These perspectives of psychology include: Beh
1. Describe five schools of thought in psychology. 2. Name one or two individuals who created or furthered this way of thinking in psychology, and one key idea from each school of thought. 3. Also name the time period it began.
What are the advantages of denial, displacement and reaction formation as defense mechanisms? What are the disadvantages of each?
Identify two of the following challenges in Multicultural counseling. Explain the challenges and discuss why each is a vital consideration in the process of the identification and treatment of mental health issues such as: a. Social Class b. Gender c. Sexual Orientation d. Religion/Spiritual B
1. What are the main differences in the mission of a jail and a prison? Compare and contrast them. Which would you say has the larger suicide problem, a jail or a prison, and why? 2. Super-Max prisons are for inmates who are unmanageable in the general inmate population. Searching the Internet, identify three offenders, t
Difference between Formal vs. Informal Counseling. A survey of mental health and includes diagnosis, counseling and effectiveness of counseling. Discuss differentiation of formal (professional) from informal (non-professional) counseling. Why is this differentiation essential?
Carl Rogers, a well known humanist, emphasizes the self. Theorists in psychology report that there is the self that you would like to be, the self that you think you are, and the self that you actually are. More specifically, the self is believed to have the following three entities: the ideal self, your self-image, and the true
1. Compare and contrast boot camps and diversion centers (not jails). Also describe the differences in an adult diversion center, detention center, and a halfway or transitional house. 2. Compare and contrast federal, state, and local prisons. What is the role of the private prison?
What is the trend? Do you think probation and parole officers should be armed? Why or why not? One or two paragraphs please.
Please post one paragraph per question. Thank you. 1. What is the difference between a probation officer and a parole officer? Compare and contrast the two. If you were going to be one or the other, which would you choose and why? 2. What is the most important mission of a probation officer? Listed in order of importanc
Help with a journal article summary is given.
Describe the cognitive perspective of interpersonal interactions. Explain how this would assist one with his or her interpersonal interactions at his or her workplace.
Original student questions: 1.Why is it important for psychologists to have an understanding of the structure of the nervous system, neural conduction, and synaptic transmission? Provide two reasons for each of the three topics. 2.I need to do a reflection journal can you assist me in this. My journal should be as part o
What are your thoughts about activities in "The Physics of Living" (Amundson, 2003): 1. Assessing Life Balance (p. 31) 2. Life Balance Wheel (p. 32-34) 3. Things I like to do (p. 35-38) 4. Past Accomplishments (pp. 129- 131)
When the Uniform Crime Reporting Program reports a crime, is there a difference between the information prepared for the city council and information prepared for the general public?
When the Uniform Crime Reporting Program reports a crime, is there a difference between the information prepared for the city council and information prepared for the general public? If so, explain why the information differs.
This posting offers helpful notes concerning the attached journal article.
The following fictitious news accounts suggest causal relationships from non-experimental data. Pick 2 of the 4 studies. Then, for each of the studies you select, think of an explanation for the results other than the one suggested in the headline. Study 1: Living Together Leads to Divorce: Don't live together if you want to
1. "Aiming at a sense of life purpose is not easy. A sense of direction is as much about what is outside oneself as it is about what is inside" (Amundson, p. 135). How does Amundson make a connection between a quote like this and metaphor? What do you make of this connection? 2. What are three general metaphors of adult develop
Discuss Sternberg's triarchic theory of intelligence, using examples from your own life to illustrate his points. Discuss why choosing a career such an important issue for young adults and the factors that influence career choice.
Analysis of B.F. Dykeman paper: Dykeman, B. F. (2003). The effects of family conflict resolution on children's classroom behavior. Journal of Instructional Psychology.
Dykeman Article What can you tell me about Dykeman Article by answering the questions below? Dykeman, B. F. (2003). The effects of family conflict resolution on children's classroom behavior. Journal of Instructional Psychology. Why do you think the author chose a repeated measur
What would be the basis for distinctions among the following kinds of research: [a] Quasi-experimental research, [b] Evaluation research, [c] Historical research, [d] Survey research, [e] Action research, [f] Phenomenological research, [g] Theoretical research, [h] Hermeneutic research, and [i] Heuristic research.
What are the three types of experimental designs (e.g. pre-test-post-test)? What would be the strengths and weaknesses of each?