Reduce answers to lowest terms. 4/ (a-b) + 4 /(b-a) 1/(x^2-4) - 3 / (x^2-3x-10) 2x /(x^2-9) + 3x /(x62+4x+3) (Complete problem found in attachment)
1. In the number 351,472, which digit tells the number of thousands? ____a. 5 ____b. 4 ____c. 3 _x__d. 1 2. Write expanded notation for 7205. ____a. 7 thousands + 2 hundreds + 5 tens __x_b. 7 thousands + 2 hundreds + 5 ones ____c. 7 thousands + 2 tens + 5 ones ____d. 2 thousands + 7 hundreds + 5 ones 3.
Regression (20 Problems) : Multiple Regression Model Building, Averages and Exponential Smoothing, Hypothesis Testing and ANOVA
1. A real estate builder wishes to determine how house size (House) is influenced by family income (Income), family size (Size), and education of the head of household (School). House size is measured in hundreds of square feet, income is measured in thousands of dollars, and education is measured in years. The builder rando
Comparing Dart boards. A toy store sells two sizes of circular dartboards. The larger of the two has a radius that is 3 inches greater than that of the other. The radius of the smaller dartboard is t inches. Find a polynomial that represents the difference in area between the two dartboards.
#6 Assume that the variables represent non-zero real numbers. - Simplify the exponential expressions. Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.
Perform the following computations with the aid of a calculator. -Write the Answers in Scientific Notation. -Round to the nearest decimal. Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.
Improving the Quadratic Formula. Show that these roots can be calculated with the equivalent formulas... (See attachment for full question including Hint)
1- suppose you have 45 muffins. how many muffins are left after you give a friend 1/5 of them? 2- a baker at rod's bakery misread the directions and used 5 3/4 cups of flour in a recipe. it was 1 3/4 times too much flour. how much flour should the baker have used? 3- solve the equation. check the solution: x/3=
Bonnie drove 540 miles in three times the time it took Buffy to travel 135 miles. Buffy's speed was slower than Bonnie's by 15 miles per hour. Find the rate and time of each.
Please walk me through this. 6x^4 + 9x^3 + 2x^2 - 8x + 7 / 3x^2 - 2
Divide (12a squared - 25a -7 divided by (3a-7) (x cubed - 6x squared + 7x -2 divided by (x-1) A circle has a radius of 10 inches. Find the increase in area that occurs when the radius is increased by 2 in. Round to the nearest hundredth. An object is released from the top of an building 320 ft high. The initial velocity
1. Find the derivatives for the following functions ("^" means "to the power of", sorry I can't do double exponents on my keyboard) : a. f(X) = 100e10X b. f(X) = e(10X-5) c. f(X) = e^X3 d. f(X) = 2X2e^(1- X2) e. f(X) = 5Xe(12- 2X) f. f(X) = 100e^(X3 + X4) g. f(X) = e^(200X - X2 + X100) 2. Fi
Functions : Graphs, Limits, Continuity, Equation of Line from Two Points, Equation of Line from Slope and a Point and Linearity (15 Problems)
1. Take the function f(X) = (X-1)/X a. What does this function equal when X = 0, X = 1, and X =2 ? b. How about when X =100, X = 1000, and X = 10,000? c. Describe in words what a graph of this function would look like. d. What would you say the limit of this function is as X approaches infinity? You can use logic or
The equation x^4 - 18x^3 + 121x^2 - 368x + 420=0 has complex conjugate roots (4+j2) & (4-j2). By a process of division and solving a quadratic equation, find all the roots and hence write down all the factors of : x^4
1) -2X^2 - 1 = 0 2) √X + 4 = 0
Please assist me with the attached congruence problems (hint: use Wilson's Theorem) a)Prove if a,b,c Z, N and gcd (c, ) = , then ac bc(mod ) if and only if a b (mod ). b) Let a Z, N, and p > 2 be a prime. Prove that a is its own inverse modulo p if and only if a 1 (mod p ). C) Let a,b Z, N .prove that ax
See attached file 1. Write the polynomial in descending order and find the degree: x2 - x5 + 2x4 - 1 2. Subtract 3x -5 + 2x3 from 3x3 - 1 3. Multiply: (9x - 2) (x + 4) 4. Multiply (5x - 6y) (5x + 6y) 5. Simplify 6. Divide:
Questions (also attached): Graph each equation and state its domain and range. 27) g(x)= x 2 + 2 28) f(x)= x 2 - 4 32) y= 2x 2 + 3 Graph each square root and state its domain and range. __ 34) g(x) = √ x - 1 _____ 36) f(x) = √x + 1
Please see attachment. P/S: To show subfield please show a) closed under addition, and multiplication b) additive identity and additive inverse c) closed under reciprocal
The Gooch family, the McCoy family, a bachelor and a couple without children have decided to buy a summer home together. They will divide the purchase price according to the size of each family. The house costs $264,000. The smaller of the two families- the McCoys - have 2 children and will carry one third of the cost. The large
Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.
1. If gcd(m,n) = 1, then φ(m,n) = φ(m)φ(n). Use this to give a proof that φ(n) = n Π(1 - 1/p) p/n 2. Prove that d(n) is odd iff n is a perfect square. 3. Prove that σ(n) ≡ d(m)(mod 2) where m is the largest odd factor of n. 3.(2nd Part) If σ(n) = 2n, n is a perfect number. Prove that if n is a perfect number , then ∑1/d = 2. d/n 4.Evaluate σ(210), φ(100) and σ(999). 5.Evaluate d(47), d(63) and d(150).
Arithmetic Functions Combinatorial Study of φ(n) 1. If gcd(m,n) = 1, then φ(m,n) = φ(m)φ(n). Use this to give a proof that φ(n) = n Π(1 - 1/p
10x^2y^4 + 4x^4y^2 - 16x^6y^3/-2x^2y^2
I am trying to use the distributive property to find the product of (and combine terms for) this problem: (y^2 z - 3y^4)(y^2 z + 2x^2 - y^4)
A person's revenue "R" (in dollars) on the sale of "X" fruitcakes is determined by the formula R = 50x - x squared. Her cost "C" in dollars for producing "X" fruitcakes is given by the formula C = 2x + 40. For what value of "X" is the person's profit positive? (Profit = revenue - cost).
Find the first derivative of the function. 1.) y= ln x^2 2.) y= ln sq rt x^4- 4x 3.) f(x)= x^2 ln x 4.) y=ln x/x+1
Use the properties of logarithms to write the expression as a sum diffrence or multiplication of logarithms 1.) ln 2/3 2.) ln xyz 3.) ln sq rt x^2 +1 4.) ln 2x/ sq rt x^2 - 1 write the expression as the logarithm of a single quantity. 5.) ln(x - 2) - ln(x+2) 6.) 3 ln x +2 ln y- 4 ln z 7.) 3[ln x+ ln(x+
Find the slope intercept form of a linear equation when the line crosses the x-axis at x=2 and the y-axis at y=3.
Suppose that you have done some mathematical modelling. This has produced a differential equation which you have solved by assuming a power series solution. The power series you have found is the following.... (a) What is the radius of convergence of the power series? (b) Use Mathematica to plot the partial sums....
Determine whether the following binary operation give a group structure on the given set. If not, give all reasons they fail and supply counter-examples. a*b = ab in Q.
Modern Algebra Group theory Determine whether the following binary operation give