2) Solve. Use a comma to separate answers as needed. Type N if there is no solution.
4) Rewrite with a rational exponent.
5) If the sides of a square are lengthened by 8cm, the area becomes 256 cm . Find the length of a side of the original square.
6) Express using a positive exponent.
7) Subtract the polynomials.
8) Solve for x.
10) Find all numbers for which the rational expression is undefined. Use a comma to separate answers.
12) Simplify by factoring. Assume that all expressions under radicals represent nonnegative numbers.
13) Factor the trinomial.
I think the vertex is: (1/2,11/2) but I'm not sure... without knowing that I'm stuck.
16) Solve. Use a comma to separate answers.
17) Factor completely.
18) Simplify by removing factors of 1.
24) Multiply. Simplify. Type an exact answer, using radicals as needed.
27) Rationalize the denominator. Assume that all expressions under radicals represent positive number.
29) Subtract. Simplify by collecting like radical terms if possible.