Section 5.1 #50 Complete the factoring of each monomial. = -12 ab3c3(8a2bc2) #58 Factor out the GCF in each expression. 6wz + 15wa =3w(2z+5a) Section 5.2 #52 Factor each polynomial. =5(y2+4) #56 =4(3a2-4a-8) #70 Use grouping to factor each polynomial completely 3x+3z+ax+az =3(x+z)+a
25 Algebra problems. 1. Which number is prime? A) 4 B) 43 C) 39 D) 121 2. Find the GCF for 14 and 21. A) 1 B) 6 C) 7 D) 42 3. Find the LCM for 13 and 78. A) 1 B) 13 C) 78 D) 1014 4. Convert to a fraction. A) B) C) D) 5. Convert 0.4 to
Determining if a polynomial has a zero between two given points. Determining if a polynomial is linear, quadratic, cubic or quartic.
Determine if possible whether f(x)=3x^3-2x^2-7x+5 has a zero between a=1 and b=2. (e answer will be yes or cannot say Determine if possible whether f(x)=x^3+3x^2-9x-13 has a zero between a=1 and b=2. (The answer will be either "yes", or "cannot". Classify the polynomial as linear, quadratic, cubic, or quartic. Determine t
Prove by contradiction that there does not exist a largest integer. Hint: observe that for any integer n there is a greater one, say n+1. So begin the proof "Suppose for contradiction that there is a largest integer. Let this integer be n...."
Need to prove: 1.) If x is a real number and x^2=3, then x is irrational. 2.) The proposition "if x is a real number and x^2=4, then x is irrational." is false since x=2=2/1 is rational and 2^2=4. Pinpoint where in the previous argument the proof of this proposition breaks down. See attached file for full problem desc
See attached file for full problem description. 1. Use the five properties of exponents to simplify the expression 2. - 5x - 6, x = -3 and x = -2 3. What expression raised to the fourth power is 81x12y8z16? 4. The cost in dollars of manufacturing w wing nuts is given by the expression 0.07w + 13.3. Find the cost w
Can the equation: m = -2.5 * log(B1/B2) be solved for either B1 or B2 If so, how?
Solve following for x, expressing answers as compound fractions and integers where appropriate: a) log (5x - 4) - log (5x - 4) = 2 b) log (5x - 4) + log (5x - 4) = 2 The logarithms are base 3.
Find the square root of 9b6 + 36b5 + 84b4 + 78b3 + 28b2 - 48b + 9
1. Explain in your own words the law of large numbers. Provide an example to illustrate. 2. Explain in your own words, using the definition of probability why: a) the probability of an event that cannot occur is 0; b) the probability of an event that must occur is 1. 3. Why is expectation important? Explain what the expect
Perform the indicated operation and simplify: (1/2x - 1/y) / (1/x - 1/2y)
Perform the indicated operation and simplify: (6x^2-9x+4) / (3x+3)
Please show how ((n/s^2)((t-x)^2))+((1/v^2)(t-m)^2) = ((1/v1^2)(t-m1)^2)+((n/(s^2+n*v^2))(x-m)^2) where v1^2 = (s^2*v^2)/(s^2+nv^2) and m1 = (s^2m + n*(v^2)x)/((s^2)+nv^2) every single step is not necessary just the important ones.
Using the laws of indices only, solve for x: 8^x + 2^x = 2^3 * 4^x + 2^3
(2x + 3)(x - 5) = - 18
X^1/2 = 2 - x
2/(x + 2) + 3/(x - 1) = - 6/(x^2 + x - 2)
For Problems #10 - #14, factor completely. See attached file for full problem description.:
Perform the indicated operations and simplify (4 x 10^-4)(5 x 10^-12) =
(18x2y2 - 12x2y - 6x2)/(-3x) =
Perform the indicated operations and simplify (x2 - 4x + 4)/(x2 - 2x) / (2x2 - 7x + 6)/(2x2 + 5x - 12) =
See attached file for full problem description.
1. 5/((6)^1/2 - 2) = 2. 2/(3x)^1/2 = 3. (-32)^-2/5 =
Jemma and Gareth are playing a board game on a 7 X 7 square grid. They take turns to place a black counter in an empty square on the grid. The winner is the person who completes a line of three counters. * * * * * In this game, Win
1. If f(x)=2x-3 and g(x)=x2+1, find each of the following: a) f(g(2)) b) g(f(3)) 2. Let f(x)=x2+2 and g(x)=square root of 1-x2. a) Find the domain and range of f and g. b) Are the functions of f g and g f defined? 3. Given F(x)=cubed root of x+5, find functions f and g such that F=f g. Explain the answer.
See attached file for full problem description.
A. How many integers are there between 5 and 14? B. How Many rational numbers are there between 5 and 14? C. One eighth of the square root of 7 less than a number is 2. What is the number? D. x varies directly as the square of s and inversely as t. How does x change when s is doubled? When both s and t are doubled?
1. Convert 0.58 to a fraction and write your answer in lowest terms. 2. Evaluate. | 16 | - | -11 | A) -27 B) -5 C) 5 D) 27 3. Simplify: -(-(-27)). 4. Determine the maximum and minimum values for the following set. 5, -50, 30, 20, -18, -6 5. Express 76% as a fraction. 6. Subtract. 14.318 - 10
Algebra problems: graphing, inequalities, absolute value, solving equations, quadratic functions, word problems
1. Find the solution sets for the following: |5x - 7| > 12 2. Find the equation of the line satisfying the following: The line with x-intercept 7 and y-intercept -5. 3. Graph the functions L(x) = -3x + 17 and Q(x) = 2x2 + 7x - 22 on the same set of axes. 4. Determine the x-intercepts of g(x) = x2 - x - 20 5. De
1. Divide, then write the result as a division statement. a) (x3-3x2+5x-4)/(x-2) X not equal to 2 ___________ x-2)x3-3x2+5x-4 x3-2x2 -x2+5x -x2+2x 3x-4 3x b) (x3-3x-2)/(x+3) 2. Use the Remainder Theorem to determine the remainders ( do not divide). a) (x3-7x2+2x-4)/(x+2)