(See attached file for full problem description) --- Problem 1. The number of trout in a breeding pond is given by , where t is the number of months that have passed since the pond was stocked with trout. a. How many trout were in the pond immediately after it was stocked? b. How many trout were in the pond 1 yea
16. 3logx + 2log y - log z 17. 6 log a - 3 log b - log c + 2 log d
Find log7 12 (to four decimal places) See attached file for full problem description.
(See attached file for full problem description)
(See attached file for full problem description with proper formatting) Solve the equation for x : 2 3 x = 3 2 x + 1
Any help that you could give me on these problems would be greatly appreciated. I am completely lost and the book doesn't seem to help me much. (See attached file for full problem description with diagrams) --- Instructions: ? Identify the document by typing your full name and section number next to the yellow text.
(See attached file for full problem description) If f(x) = √ x - 2 , then f -1(x) is equal to _______
If 4x = 42, then x = __2___
Solve 13) Approximately 1% of US students were studying abroad in 1994. Based on data from the Institute of International Education, the number of US students in study-abroad programs from 1994-1997 can be modeled using the equation y = 7248x + 76207, where x =0 corresponds to year 1994. Using this model, what would you expec
Find x to 4 decimal places: 1n x - 41n 3 = 1n (5/x)
1. A passenger train leaves the train depot 2 hours after a freight train leaves the same depot. The freight train is traveling 20 mph slower than the passenger train. Find the rate of each train, if the passenger train overtakes the freight train in three hours. 2. Solve 3. How many liters of a 70% alcohol solution
Given n=2006!, we have to evaluate an expression involving several logarithms.
1. Solve using the quadratic formula: x^2 = 2x - 10 a) Show what you use for a, b, and c. b) Show your two answers 2. Brent is flying a kite on 50 feet of string. The kite's vertical distance from Brent is 10 ft more than its horizontal distance from Brent. Find its horizontal and vertical distances from Brent. Sh
Divide 3x^4 - 2x^2 - 41 by x + 2. Give quotient and remainder.
(See attached file for full problem description) If P(x) = x^3 + x^2 - 5x + 3, and if x = 1 is a zero of P, find the other two zeros.
What are the vertical and horizontal asymptotes of R(x) = (x^3 - 1)/(x^3 +1)?
1. Prove that the multiplicative group of a field of order 2^7 is cyclic. Note: This problem can be solved in a few lines. Do not construct the field of order 2^7 to solve the problem. 2. Prove that the only subfield of a field of order is a field of order 2.
a) Using the index of a sequence as the domain and the value of the sequence as the range, is a sequence a function? b) Which one of the basic functions (linear, quadratic, rational or exponential) is related to the arithmetic sequence? c) Which one of the basic functions (linear, quadratic, rational or exponential) is rel
Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problem.
Solve for x : x ( 1 - x) = - 7
(See attached file for full problem description) Factor completely over the integers - y^3 - 1000 z^6
(See attached file for full problem description) --- 1. Which property of the real numbers is illustrated by the following statement? 9 ? (7 + 11) = 9 ? 7 + 9 ? 11 A) Commutative property of multiplication B) Associative property of addition C) Associative property of multiplication D) Distributive property 2.
For a fixed rate, a fixed principal amount, and a fixed compounding cycle, the return is an exponential function of time. Using the formula, A=P(1+r)^nt, let r= n 10%, P=1 and n=1 and give the coordinates(t,A) for the points wher
The formula for calculating the amount of money returned for an initial deposit money into a bank account or CD (Certificate of Deposit) is given by A is the amount of returned. P is the principal amount initially deposited. r is the annual interest rate (expressed as a decimal). n is the compound period. t is the number
After their star pitcher moved to another town, the eight remaining members of the company baseball team needed to select a new pitcher. They used approval voting on the four prospects, and the results are listed below. An "X" indicates an approval vote. Which pitcher is chosen if just one is to be selected? (see attached
(See attached files for full problem description) --- 1. Four members are running for president of the Local Math Club - Alicia (a), Brice (b), Charlie (c), and Destiny (d). The voter profile is summarized in the table. Use the Hare method to determine the winner. Number of voters Ranking 17 c > d > a > b 11
(See attached file for full problem description) STUDY GUIDE 1. Solve. x2 + 5 = 21 A) B) C) ±4 D) 2. Solve. 9x2 = 14 A) B) C) D) 3. Solve. 5(x - 2)2 = 3 A) B) C) D) 4. Is the following trinomial a perfect squa
7. An integer is a ful-bol number if it is divisible evenly by the square of an integer that is greater than on. For example, 343 is a ful-bol number because it is divisible by 49 which is the square of 7. A bol-ful number is a ful-bol number which, when the digits are reversed, it is still a ful-bol number. Note: 343 is a
1. A swimming pool is twice as long as it is wide. It took 1,224 square feet of material to covar a 6-foot wide deck around the pool. How wide is the pool? 2. The height reached by a ball thrown vertically upward is directly proportional to the square of tis intial velocity. If a ball reaches a height of 46m when it i
1. Which of the following numbers are examples of integers? -7, -9/3, -1.0, -3/8, 0, 2.2, 5, 6.66666 2. Multiply and simplify your answer as much as possible: (4f - 3)(7f + 1) [to express (f)(f) use f^2] 3. If n is a negative number, what is the absolute value of n? 4. Factor: 25p^2 -