Determine the required ratio of (delta-T / T) to give the waveform a r.m.s value of 4 volts. Please see the attached image for more detail. Please show as much working as possible and comment where possible.
Given the transmission matrix, calculate the insertion loss of the T-network. Please refer to the attachment for the matrix and the network diagram. I have provided the formula I am working from but I normally prefer a completely different set of workings to provide a good base for comparison/improvement to my own methods.
Please see the attachment for complete questions. Please show as much working as possible and comment where possible. 1. Determine the value of Z0 for the symmetrical PI-circuit shown below. 2. A transmission line has the primary coefficients as given in the table below. Determine the line's secondary coefficients at a fr
Please show as much working as possible and comment where possible. (a) A transmission line has a length, l, of 0.4 lambda. Determine the phase change that occurs down the line. (b) A 50 Ohm lossless transmission line of length 0.4 lambda is terminated in a load of (40 + 30j) Ohm. Determine, using the equation given below
Please see the attachment for mentioned network and circuit diagrams. 1. Find the z-parameters of the two-port network below. 2. In the circuit below, the two-port network TPN can be represented by the z-parameters shown. a. Represent the complete circuit by a z-parameter matrix. b. State if the complete circuit is rec
Please show as much working as possible and comment where possible. The figure in the attachment shows an ideal autotransformer (k = 1 and no power losses) with a 10 ohm load carrying 100 A. Determine the supply voltage and current if L1 = 4L2.
Multisim, Mod-100 BCD counter, Octal-to-binary switch encoder, 16-channel 1-bit multiplexer, AHDL, Comparator
1. Using Multisim, design a mod-100 BCD counter that drives a 2-digit, 7-segment display. The count sequence will be 0 through 99. Blank leading zeros in the tens digit of the display. 2. Design an octal-to-binary switch encoder and 7-segment display circuit using a 74148 priority encoder, a 7447 decoder/driver chip, and any
Activity 3: (Problem 14A.6) Design a variable frequency divider using AHDL. The frequency divider should divide the input frequency by one of four different factors. The divide-by-factor is controlled by two mode controls, as described by the following function table. The mode controls are used to change the modulus of the
An LVDT is used in an accelerometer to measure seismic-mass displacement. Find the relation between acceleration and output voltage.
An LVDT is used in an accelerometer to measure seismic-mass displacement. The LVDT and signal-conditioning output is 0.31mV/mm with +/-2cm maximum core displacement. The spring constant is 240N/m, and the core mass is 0.05kg. #1. Find the relation between acceleration in m/s^2 and output voltage. #2. Find the maximum
Bandwidth and half-power frequencies of the tuned circuit, Impedance offered to the supply and magnitude of the voltage Vo at resonance
Please show as much working as possible and comment where possible. The diagram in the attachment is a tuned circuit with Q-factor of 1000 and is designed to resonate at 1 MHz. At resonance the supply current (I) is measured as 16 muAmp for a supply voltage (Vs) of 2.5 V. The load resistor Rl is 10 kOhm. a) Calculate the
Please refer to the attached pdf file for complete question with mentioned figures and tables. 1. The cantilever and strain gauge act as the transducer in a force-measuring instrumentation system as shown in FIGURE 2. An applied force FT (the true force) is the input to the system and the output is FM (the measured force). Id
Please answer the following questions. (a) It is found that if a microphone is brought into the proximity of a loudspeaker on a public address (P.A.) system, the system will `howl'. Carefully explain, making reference to feedback theory, why this is so. (b) Suggest two actions that could be adopted to remedy the howling. (c
Z-Transform, Unit-pulse response, Impulse response, Inverse Fourier transform, Linear time-invariant continuous-time system, Differential equation, DTFT
Please see the attachment for the problems.
1. Is the linear time-invariant continuous-time system with the impulse response h(t) = sin 2t for t ≥ 0 BIBO is stable? Explain. 2. Determine if the linear time-invariant continuous-time system defined by: is stable, marginally stable, unstable, or marginally unstable. Show work. 3. Compute the steady-state
Please see attached file for the questions.
1. Find the Laplace transform of 6 cos t + 2e −3t . 2. Find the Laplace transform of 2 cosh t + 2t 3. 3. Find the Laplace transform of 2te −3t. 4. Find the inverse Laplace transform of s/s+2. 5. Find the inverse Laplace transform of 1/s+5. 6. Find the inverse Laplace transform of 1/( s + 5 ) ( s 2 + 1). 7.
Please see the attachment for referred figures. 1. The midrange open gain of a certain op-amp is 100,000. If the open loop critical frequency is 75 Hz, what is the open loop gain at 1 KHz? 2. A certain op-amp has three internal amplifier stages with the following gains and critical frequencies: A1 = 50 dB at f1 = 1000Hz, A
Having problems working out DTFT properly. Attached is 5 problems. Request assistance with these and if possible short narrative to each step to help me understand better. 1. Compute the DTFT of the discrete-time signal shown in the Figure below. 2. For a discrete-time signal x[n] with the DTFT where b is an arbi
1. Calculate the Laplace transform of exp(-10t) x u(t) 2. Calculate the convolution of exp(-t) and sin(t) using (a) the Laplace transform (b) direct integration 3. Compute the inverse transform of (3s^2 + 4s + 1) / (s^4 + 3s^3 +3s^2+2s) 4. Use Laplace transform to calculate the solution to the ODE y"+6y'+8y=u(t) y
1. Calculate the overhead associated with the following protocol stack assuming transmission of 19,800 bits. - Transport Header of 50 bits (max. data payload of 20,000 bits) - Network Header of 550 bits (maximum data payload of 9,400 bits) - Data Link Header of 20 bits and trailer of 20 bits (maximum data payload of 5,000
See the attachment. 1. What is the phase margin and gain margin? A system has a loop function: A) P.M.= 32.5 degrees and G.M.=16.47 dB. B) P.M.= 30.2 degrees and G.M.=15.67 dB. C) P.M.= 31.8 degrees and G.M.=16.57 dB. D) P.M.= 32.3 degrees and G.M.=16.67 dB. 2. The loop function of a unity feedback system is:
1. Determine the bandwidth required to support the multiplexer output for 10 4-kHz analog voice signals. 2. Determine the bandwidth required to support the multiplexer output for 10 analog voice signals digitized using standard PCM and a TDM multiplexer with an overhead of 10%. Assume a bandwidth efficiency of 2-bps/Hz. 3.
. Calculate the overhead associated with the following transmission schemes: a. Asynchronous transmission; 8 data bits, 1 start bit, 1 stop bit b. Asynchronous transmission; 7 data bits, 1 start bit, 1 stop bit c. Asynchronous transmission; 7 data bits, 2 start bits, 1 stop bit, 4 bit FCS d. Synchronous transmission; 100
Problem 2: A robot tennis player is shown in the figure above. The goal of the control system is to attain the best step response while attaining a high Kv. 1. Why is it desirable to attain a good step response and a high Kv? 2. Select Kv1=0.325 and Kv2=0.45. Note K does not equal Kv. Determine the phase margin, gain ma
1. The Bode plot for the loop function of a unity feedback system is shown below: Determine the gain K which must be added to the system so that a phase margin of 45 degrees is achieved. K=3.5 K=1.4 K=0.17 K=0.83 2. The loop function for a unity feedback system is: G(s) = 2K/s(s+1)2.
Write a C program for an automatic teller machine that dispenses the amount requested by user using the least number of bills.
Write a C program for an automatic teller machine that dispenses money. The user should enter the amount desired (a multiple of 10 dollars) and the machine dispenses this amount using the least number of bills. The bills dispensed are 50s, 20s, and 10s. Write a function that determines how many of each kind of bill to dispense.
Problem 1: Using the riocus function, obtain the root locus for the following transfer function shown in Figure 1 when 0 < k < ∞ and G(s) is defined as the following: G(s) = (s5+4s4+ 6s3+8s2+6s+4)/( s6+2 s5+2s4+s3+s2+10 -1) 1. Comment on the stability of the system as k varies. Figure 2 Problem 2: Consider
Problem 1: A unity negative feedback system has the open-loop transfer function. G(s) = (s + 1)/(s3 + 4s2 + 6s + 10) 1. Using MATLAB, determine the closed-loop transfer function. 2. Using MATLAB, find the roots of the characteristic equation. 3. Is the system stable, marginally stable, or unstable? 4. Use ltiview to d
Please see the attached file for a diagram and help with the following problems. Consider the closed-loop control system shown above. 1. Develop a MATLAB script to assist in the search for a value of k so that the percent overshoot to a unit step input is greater than 1%, but less than 10%. The script should compute the c
Please see the attachment. Design a clocked synchronous state machine with state/output table shown in the file, using D Flip-flops Use state variables Q0,Q1,Q2 with state assignment A=000 B=001 C=010 D=011 E=100 F=101 Use Don't care to minimize the circuit where appropriate. Develop excitation and output equations. Draw t