Over the years the government has become more involved in the oversight of accounting fraud and abuse. What are some of the actions that the government has enacted? Have they been successful? Why or why not?
Provide a clear idea of the role that the executive branch plays in health policy formulation and implementation. Examine the role of the executive branch in health care policy. What is the current role that the executive plays? How has this role changed over time? Argue which branch of government should have the largest ro
The solution addresses the impact that government regulations and legislation plays in matters of employee benefits. There are three references and over 400 words to explain government involvement in benefits can have both positive, and negative impacts; for employers taxed with providing benefits and employees as the recipients
1. What is the concept of environmental sustainability. Discuss the challenges to sustainability faced by developed, emerging, and survival economies. Do you think the "green" movement is a fad, or is it here to stay? 2. What part should the government take in ensuring that corporations are environmentally "friendly"? Why? 3.
Over the past several weeks, you have been learning the various issues the ethical and legal challenges and factors involving your organization. Your task is to compose and submit an ethical code of conduct plan for your company that addresses the conduct of its employees, vendors, board of directors, key stakeholders, as well a
To test your team members' ability to think strategically and apply what you have taught them to real businesses, you asked each one to write a report on a particular industry, addressing the following: What is (are) the major strategic issues that the industry faces? What strategic options or alternatives does it have to a
Non-profit Value Statement and Ethics; Website review of three non-profit organizations; Executive summary for strategic alliances and lobbying strategies for non-profit; Non-profit business plan including initial mandates, mission, and values of the organization.
1. Find three non-profit Web sites that include a core values statement or a Code of Ethics statement and evaluate those documents. Write a two page report on three non-profits, summarizing the main points, analyzing the statements for practical application, and explain how you might use the information gleaned to create a value
The number 4 challenge on a list of ten, as reported by DC Velocity (http://www.dcvelocity.com/), is "The nation's deteriorating infrastructure".Lynch, Clifford. (2010). Top Ten Logistics Challenges for 2011 (and Beyond) . Retrieved from http://www.dcvelocity.com/articles/2010121310_logistics_challenges_in_2011/ Independently
Further explain the regulations related to gift and estate tax?
Home Depot (it is not a paper but just a plan for research). Please assist me with this assignment. You have attained the position of global responsibility director (Home depot). Your first task is to review the current status of the company and make recommendation for changes with respect to CSR. After careful review of the
Regulation and the Uniform CPA Examination: Please help with guidance on how to proceed, such as what journals are published by the AICPA, etc. Just need help with a jumpstart on how to begin. Review the educational and experience requirements to sit for the Uniform CPA Examination published by the Board of Accountancy for
What are some ways that the government has supported the computer software industry? The government has two important roles: promote competition as well as protect consumers. Should the government put time limits on a patent? If the government imposes tax cuts for 95% of all households. How could this affect Microsoft or
- Evaluate the level of SOX regulations that applies to for-profit and not-for-profit health care organizations, indicating whether or not mandating SOX requirements for non-profits might reduce fraud and increase corporate governance. Provide support for your rationale. - Determine whether SOX has been effective in regulatin
Need help because I am having a hard time putting this together. Can you please help me with this article review? Here are the topics: - Game Theory and Competitive Strategy - Regulation, Public Goods and Benefit-Cost Analysis - Decision Making Under Uncertainty - The Value of Information - Asymmetric Information & Org
Why is it important to consider the effects of government relations before agreeing to an international transaction? I need citations so that I can reference what is being said.
For this assignment, consider the prospects for unionization in an industry of your choice. The industry you choose can be your current one, one in which you would like to work, or one in which you have previously worked. In an essay, describe your chosen industry's receptivity to unionization. What are the factors that lead
Corruption Index: The corruption perceptions index (CPI) is a comparative assessment of integrity performance for a variety of countries. - What is CPI? What is its purpose? - What is the value of this index? - What are the trends or similarities between countries with the highest and lowest CPI 2011 scores? - What can be do
An employee gets injured on the job and believes that the injury was a result of the employer not abiding by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations. What will the employee need to show in order to prove that a violation exists? If the employee is able to show a violation exists, what steps might OSHA ta
President Obama recently stated "If you've got a business, you didn't build that," Obama said. "Somebody else made that happen." (Foxnews.com, 2012, July 17) Is this an accurate statement? What is the government's role in building businesses and creating jobs?
Some organizations, including political entities, may have common organizational behaviors that are considered unethical. For example, it might be the norm for an organization to expect bribes to do business. This is the norm with several national governments. As the leader of a global organization, how do you lead in this situa
How does Hofstede's Uncertainty Avoidance dimension interact with the Power Distance dimension to divide countries into four quadrants? Please provide 2-3 references.
Do you believe mood affects decision making? Do you feel that you make better decisions when you are in a good mood? Or do you feel you make better decisions when you are in a bad mood? Provide an example of a decision you made that you can tie to your mood at the given time. In your opinion, how might groupthink benefit (or
1. Describe and explain at least 3 differences in for-profit entities and governmental agencies that cause them to have different required accounting procedures; include an example of each. 2. At least 1 slide should explain which regulating authority oversees the accounting rules for governmental vs. for-profit entities. In
Please list in order of importance. Non-Profit Accounting You recently landed your dream job working for the state as an accountant. You are given the task to research several state and local governmental financial accounting issues. For each of the following issues, rank the guidance based on the governmental GAAP hierar
Many people believe that the government should regulate business with respect to online privacy, but companies say self-regulation is more appropriate. Which approach would benefit consumers most?
What ways can the US be seen to micro-regulate health care? What are some viable alternatives to micro-regulation?
Compare job-based pay with skill-based pay and provide an example of each. Determine which pay you would prefer. Support your decision. Determine how government regulations affect compensation and if the regulations are needed. Support your position with examples.
1. In a narrative format, discuss the key facts and critical issues presented in the case. Examine the existence of both cooperation and conflict between the government and AIG in 2008. 2. What role does corporate culture play in risk-taking and accountability? What about executive compensation? What other factors play a role
- A description of the essential principles of accounting for nonprofit organizations and municipal agencies - A description of the unique issues related to accounting processes for these entities. - The reasons you advocate for ethical accounting practices for nonprofit organizations and municipal agencies.
Does all service with an employer count for purposes of the one-year waiting period for participation?