Identify potential risks for Project X. Here are some clarifications to this assignment: * This is a risk identification assignment, NOT a risk analysis. * List 4 - 6 threats that Project X may encounter & explain. * List 4 - 6 opportunities that Project X may encounter and explain. In your own words, ple
ONLY A MOCK SCENARIO : I am developing the scope statement for the project, and now I'm up to the marketing deliverables. We have met with the director of Sales and Marketing and have a general sense of what marketing will be needed to effectively launch the upgraded product. There will be a series of newsletters sent to the glo
MGMT 404 LANDSCAPING AT LONG LAKE IN WISCONSIN By the last class of week 10, please provide a business correspondence to me explaining the pertinent information regarding the project of our client, Fitz's Resorts, Inc. Pay attention to the appropriate deadlines. Be sure to reference any attachments. It must include
In my role as project manager for my group called the the PROVISION Healthcare Technologies. I have forwarded EVERYONE a few emails about the project and asked to schedule an overview meeting with the project stakeholders in at least three paragraphs describe who you will invite to this meeting. Be sure to identify some stakeh
1. Develop a project specifications. 2. Assess factors affecting the achievement of project objectives. 3. Develop and agree project objectives which will meet the specified needs. 4. Identify the project environment, the project phases and project activities. 5. Identify and allow for critical or uncertain factors in the re
Determine the projected food sales by meal period for June 20X2. Assume the first day of the month is a Sunday. See attached file for full problem description.
The Datum Co. has recently completed a $200,000, two-year marketing study. Based on the results of the study, Datum has estimated that 6,000 units of its new electro-optical data scanner could be sold annually over the next 8 years, at a price of $8,000 each. Variable costs per unit are $4,400, and fixed costs total $5.4 million
Problem: Complete the project plan for the trade show by adding resources, assignments, and budgets to the WBS. The result should be a project plan created using Word, Excel, or PowerPoint
You've been given an overall budget for this project, but you need to refine it. Consider various ways to determine budgets for the individual tasks. What are the pro's and con's of each method? What is the role of the project manager in determining budgets for these tasks?
Reflecting back on your project experience, or using information from your resources: What tools do you think would be the most helpful for creating the project schedule for your trade show project? How could you use spreadsheets, such as Microsoft Excel? How could you use scheduling tools, such as Microsoft Project? Share some
Constructing a critical path diagram. I understand the concept, I just can't seem to actually draw the diagram. Can you please provide me with step by step instructions on how to construct a cpm diagram in microsoft word?
Your company, HLR Inc., is about to implement a major initiative that will impact many aspects of the organization and will have a significant cost. This is the largest project ever undertaken by the company and must be completed within 18 months. It will involve the people at headquarters, as well as, two remote sites, one of w
Poderosa Construction has budgeted $350,000 to build a new clubhouse. They use a mixture of union and nonunion personnel. Grading of the land, electrical, and plumbing work is subcontracted out to union shops. The actual construction of the project, though supervised by union carpenters, is performed mainly by nonunion labore
A number of your clients seem to be abusing the change request process. You have seen an increase in the number of frivolous requests. From a process point of view, what might you do?
Are operations management and project management used to give the US Air Force a strategic competitive advantage?
Applying principles of project management, students will develop original plan for a personal or business project. The plan must include core project plan elements. The project plan should be no less than three pages of double-spaced text (Times Roman, 12-point). A complete project plan includes the following elements: ·
Visit the following TWO Web sites: 1) http:www.pmi.org- Project Management Institute (PMI) 2) http://www.thocp.net The Project Management Institute (PMI) is a not-for-profit project management professional association and their site provides the latest news and information on different areas of project management. The Histo
2. Embassy Club Condominium, located on the west coast of Florida, is undertaking a summer renovation of its main building. The project is scheduled to begin May 1, and a September 1 (17 week) completion date is desired. The condominium manager identified the following renovation activities and their estimated times. Activi
2. Embassy Club Condominium, located on the west coast of Florida, is undertaking a summer renovation of its main building. The project is scheduled to begin May 1, and a September 1 (17 week) completion date is desired. The condominium manager identified the following renovation activities and their estimated times. Acti
Johnstown is considering a capital project. For each of the following legally feasible alternatives, compare and contrast the desirability of each from the viewpoint of (1) the official in charge of administering capital projects funds, and (2) taxpayers residing in the governmental unit. a) $5,000,000 face value of 10-year
During the implementation phase of a project, as a project manager you are facing many team issues (such as family issues and interpersonal conflicts) and these issues are creating risks that you did not anticipate during the design phase. Create a plan to adjust the termination time of the project to accommodate the issues pre
2. Bridge city developers has the following activity list. draw a project network that can be used to assist in the scheduling of the project activities: activity a b c d e f g h i j ________________________________________________________ immediate predecessor
Prepare a production report for the Blending Department for June assuming that the company uses the weighted-average method. See attached file for full problem description. Problem 4-21 Sunspot Beverages, Ltd., of Fiji makes blended tropical fruit drinks in two stages. Fruit Juices are extract from fresh fruits and t
Prepare a production report for the Blending Department for July. Use the following three steps as guide in preparing your report. 1- Prepare a quantity schedule and compute the equivalent units. 2- Compute the costs per equivalent unit for the month. 3-Using the data from 1 and 2 above, prepare a cost reconciliation. Se
Budget Project Find the breakeven sales in dollars for the month of December and margin of safety in dollars
Budget Project Plan Actual Actual Sales 1000000 1 1200000 1 800000 1 Variable Costs Cost of Sales 600000 0.60 720000 0.60 480000 0.60 Commissions 50000 0.05 60000 0.05 40000 0.05 Delivery 10000 0.01 12000 0.01 8000 0.01 Bonus 50000 0.05 60000 0.05 40000 0.05 Total 710000 0.71 852000 0.71 5680
Given the following data, find the critical path and the minimum project completion time. Activity; te(expected activity time); Preceding Activity 1-2; 3; - 2-4; 8; 1-2 2-3; 6; 1-2 2-5; 2; 1-2 4-6; 13; 2-4, 2-3 3-5; 11; 2-3 5-6; 8; 2-5, 3-5 6-7; 6; 4-6, 5-6
What is the issue of the project and why is it currently relevant. What action has been taken to date and what are the next steps going to be? What potential challenges are faced by the FASB? http://www.fasb.org/project/financial_statement_presentation.shtml See attached file for full problem description.
In your educated opinion: 1. Recommend leadership behaviors required to keep momentum alive during the implementation of a new project 2. Evaluate the elements an organizations culture and explain how they may influence successful implementation. 3. Develop a strategy to deal effectively with organizational culture issues t
1. Outsourcing project work can be used to: a. reduce project slippage. b. improve the utilization of critical resources. c. avoid resource bottlenecks. d.all of the above. 2. The _____ matrix form of organization allows for flexibility in the use of resources and expertise within the firm. a. functional b. balanced c
1. Project Management differs from traditional functional managers largely because: a. projects are unique, one-time events b. project have a clear definable end c. projects have more relaxed specifications than typical operations. d. both a and b e. all of the above 2. The work breakdown structure (WBS/OBS) is developed