Use the attached data on the nominal money supply, nominal interest rates, the consumer price index, and inflation rates, to compute the current real stock of money (for M2 only) in the US and real interest rates for each of the ten years.
Calculate the productivity C. A. Ratchet, the local auto mechanic, finds that it usually takes him 2 hours to diagnose and fix a typical problem. What is his daily productivity (assume an 8 hour day)? Mr. Ratchet believes he can purchase a small computer trouble-shooting device, which will allow him to find and fix a prob
See attached file. Please answer the questions (a to d). a) Calculate the project completion time. b) Indicate the critical path activities. c) What is the probability of completing this project between 38 and 40 days? d) What are the slack values for activities C and F? Interpret the meaning of their slack values?
Pretend that you have been given $1,000,000.00 to spend as you choose on physical items. You can only buy one of each thing. You must buy exactly 20 items. You donâ??t have to include tax and shipping. Spend exactly 1,000,000.00 to the penny. Include a picture and detailed description of each item and why you bought it.
A company 'A' needs 10,000 units of a certain part to use in its production cycle. If the company buys the part from another company 'B', company 'A' cannot use the excess capacity for another manufacturing activity. Forty percent of the overhead will continue regardless of what decision is made. Cost for company 'A' to make the
1. Why do companies hire people with MBA degrees with high salaries? 2. Would you please briefly suggest what are important math/statistics topics that you think to include in such courses? 3. Every manager can do simple math calculations (adding and subtracting numbers). So, managers can see what is the earning of the comp
1. Do you think that it is possible to make a decision with one-hundred percent certainty? What are possible elements you may consider before making a business decision so that you can minimize uncertainty in your decision? 2. What are possible elements you may consider as a manager before making a business decision so that
Could you explain to me how you get the amount in the lost column such as day 1 = 25 etc.? Day RN Demand Unsold Lost Profit 1 52 200 0 25 175*0.2-25*0.1=32.5 2 6 100 75 0 100*0.2-75*0.3=-2.5 3 50 200 0 25 175*0.2-25*0.1=32.5 4 88 250 0 75 175*0.2-75*0.1=27.5 5 53 200 0 25 175*0.2-25*0.1=32.5
Office building maintenance plans call for the stripping, waxing, and buffing of ceramic floor tiles. This work is contracted out to maintenance firms, and both technology and labor requirements are very basic. Supply and demand conditions in this perfectly competitive service market in New York are: QS = 2P
1. What are the elements of a decision? How does statistical decision theory differ in conditions of certainty and uncertainty? When making a decision, can doing nothing be a valid alternative? Why? 2. What skills do managers need today? Are these skills different from management skills of 50 years ago? Why? 3. In manageme
The capital employed ratio formula is used to determine how efficiently capital is being used to generate sales. It subtracts all assets not directly associated with operations, such as investments, and divides the remainder into annual sales. The variables are as follows: AR(Annualized revenue) / [ C(Capit
The heat H developed in an electric resistor varies jointly as the time t and the square of the current i in the resistor. If H0 (the zero is slightly below the H) joules of heat are developed in t0 seconds (the zero is slightly below the t) with i0 amperes (the zero is slightly below the i) passing through the resistor, how mu
Choose either the t-test or ANOVA and explain how it might be used to analyze training effectiveness. What are some statistical measures you might use to determine whether your organization's retention rates are on par with the industry standard?
The annual rice yield (in pounds), is given by the equation y-hat = 859 + 5.76a + 3.82b, where 'a' is the number of acres planted (in thousands), and 'b' is the number of acres harvested (in thousands). Predict the annual rice yield (in pounds) when the number of acres planted is 3275 (in thousands) and the number of acres harv
1. Describe what category (Join, Separate, Part-Part Whole) the problem fits in and which sub-type (Result unknown, Change unknown, Start unknown, Part unknown, Whole unknown) it is. 2. Describe the strategy the student uses for each question. 3. Describe how Problem 6 differs from Problem 7, other than in the contexts a
Please help with the following problem. During the year ended December 31,2009, Gluco, Inc., split its stock on a 3-for-1 basis. In its annual report for 2008, the firm reported net income of $3,703,920 for 2008, with an average 268,400 shares of common stock outstanding for that year. There was no preferred stock. Required
I really need help with these questions. 1. As a part of their customer-service program, United Airlines wanted to select 10 passengers from today's 9 A.M. Chicago-Tampa flight to be interviewed regarding airport facilities, service, and amenities in the waiting area. Each passenger was given a number on check in, starting
U4A1 Problem 1 All other problems are in sheet 2 and 3 Lam on the Run Corporation uses Activity Based Costing data for internal decisions. The company has the following four activity costs pools. Activity cost pool annual Activity
U4A1 Problem 2 You have given this information for ABC Corporation. What is the Activity Rate for the three Activity costs Pools? Activity Cost Pools total Costs Total Activity Activity Rate Producing Units
ZXC Firm has the following information to determine Predetermine overhead rate for Standard Costing: Estimated total manufacturing overhead costs $1,000,000 Estimated total amount of the allocation base at the level of projected activity
1. A new weight-watching company, Weight Reducers International, advertises that those who join will lose, on the average, 10 pounds the first two weeks with a standard deviation of 2.8 pounds A random sample of 50 people who joined the new weight reduction program revealed the mean loss to be 9 pounds. At the .05 level of signi
1. Would you please show us the calculation of following problem for breakeven point below? Suppose that a company has fixed costs of $150,000 and variable costs of $7.5 per unit. What is the break-even point if the selling price is $12.5 per unit? 2. Would you please state what is the distinction between studying math's and
Island Publishing Company publishes two types of magazines on a monthly basis: a restaurant and entertainment guide and a real estate guide. The company distributes the magazines free to businesses, hotels, and stores on Hilton Head Island in South Carolina. The company's profits come exclusively from the paid advertising in t
Please help with the following problem regarding inventory management. The Acme Grocery store started a Coupons Instantly program. It requires a debit card with a minimum of $300, so the customer can buy as many coupons as they want. As a promotional gimmick they are offering pens. The pens are given away to new coupon holde
Suppose that in 2012 Johnson Industries earned a profit of $1400. You know that in 2012 profits grew by 40% from their 2011 level. Also in 2011, profits grew by 25% from their 2010 level. Calculate the sum of the 2010 and 2011 profits.
Suppose that a_n is the amount owed on a mortgage after n years, £m is the monthly repayment and r is the annual percentage interest rate charged on the amount of the mortgage outstanding. (i) Derive a difference equation satisfied by a_n. (ii) Solve the difference equation derived in (i) for a loan of £A to be repaid over N
New York Times Cases in the News Read the "New York Times" case and answer questions. Textbook: Understanding and Managing Organizational Behavior, 5/E 'The Math Whiz vs. the Media Moguls in a Battle for Millions' by Richard Siklos, April 3, 2006, p. C1, C5. Amid the flash of the Internet bubble, Henry C. Yuen, the ch
Fill in missing values (A-L) for four not-for-profit clinics. Pittman Rose Beckman Jaffe Dec 31, 2006 Assets $80,000 100,000 g 150,000 Liabilities 50,000 d 75,000 j Equity a 60,000 45,000 90,000 December 31, 2007 Assets b 130,000 180,000 k Liabilities 55,000 62,000 h 80,000 Equity 45,000
Venture capital is increasingly becoming an important source of finance for small and start-up firms. Why do you think this is so? Would you recommend to your firm to engage in venture financing? Why or why not?
From a business perspective, which measurement is more important the Mode, the Mean, or the Median? Provide examples (business related) that demonstrate the appropriateness of one of these measures and the inappropriateness of the other two in a particular situation. Can you think of situations where another one of the measu