1. What are the employee workplace rights mandated by U.S. Federal law? 2. Briefly discuss at least two controversial issues concerning workplace rights (other than monitoring email). 3. In addition, discuss the issue of workplace privacy. Specifically, do employees have the right to expect privacy in their email conversatio
Following transactions occurred during 2005 a) Acquired machine with cost of $225,000 by issuing shares of common stock b) Bonds, with $500,000 of face value and 10 years till maturity, were issued at a $35,000 premium c) Collected $175,000 on acct d) Declared $65,000 of dividends. Pd $50,000 declared in 2005 plus another
In debating the following, please make sure to cite any sources used and where they are used. 1. "How" you arrived at your answer(s) 2. "What" facts and sources you reviewed and considered 3. "Why" your response is the best one from all the alternatives __________________________________________________________________
See the attached file. Consider the following five problems: a. Problem 10.31 b. Problem 10.38 c. Problem 10.6 d. Problem 25.4 e. Problem 10.32 Select any three and solve them. In addition to solving these problems, explain the financial impact of the solution or explain how a financial m
Problem solving question on corporation law Transparent Corporate Governance Pty Co Ltd (TCG), a consulting ,has a board which includes C and D. The company has deleted Replacement Rule s.194,following some earlier turbulence. At the initiation of board members C and D ,on the incorporation of TCG ,the company had purcha
Attached is some work i have done for the topic of Liability to Third Party. I need help in answering some questions below. 4. Appropriate management response to the situation to limit legal liability. 5. Preventative measures that management can take to limit liability in the future. Explain the action that management ca
Telecommunications Group of DWI: What are the public law and private law implications of this scenario?
The Telecommunications Group of DWI owns and Operates several local telephone companies. One service that DWI provides to its commercial customers is the use of "900 numbers" by which third-parties (clients of DWI customers) receive products & services. Billing for these products and services is delineated as charges owed to DWI
A large company (XYZ) owns a local telephone service. XYZ company allows the telephone service company to run 900 numbers for dating services, chat lines, and psychic hot lines. These charges often blend into the small print on the bill and are shown as charges from the XYZ company instead of the dating service, chat line, etc.
Two passengers (husband and wife), from the United States, were on a cruise ship that was flying the flag of Liberia. During the cruise they surprised two employees of robbing their room. During the scuffle, the husband had a heart attack and died. The spouse wants to sue the owner of the ship, since the robbers were identified
4. Appropriate management response to the situation to limit legal liability. and 6. Explain the action that management can take to apply the liability limiting rules to the situation. ---------------------- Workplace Application Report 1. Topic / Legal Issue: Topic: Environmental Law Issue: One of Disn
MBI's branch in country G is TransShip, Ltd., a shipping company. Its manager signed a contract with Erecto to the A.P.O. (Army Purchasing Organization) in Country I. TransShip is not to make delivery until the A.P.O. deposits the purchase price into an account in JumboBank in Country J and this fact is communicated to TransShip
What exactly is the Corn Law? Why did the Protectionist want the Corn Law and why did the Free trade dislike the Corn law?
Why was it a good idea for Robert Peel to repeal the Corn Law? Would his decision be viewed iin later years as a stroke of genius or an error in judgment.
Hello, Attach is my work for mistakes for Disney. I need some comments and advise for question 5 and also double check my work for number 4. 5. Explain the action that management can take to apply the liability limiting rules to the situation. Also, please check if number 4 looks good. "appropraite management response
Hello, please help answer the problem below: problem #5. Explain the action that management can take to apply the liability limiting rules to the situation. Also, if it is possible to quickly check work and see if i answered correctly.Workplace Application Report Format 1. Module 3 Topic / Legal Issue: Topic: Contr
1 - Briefly explain each of the following : a)Zero-stage vs. first or second-stage financing b)After the money valuation c)Mezzanine financing d)Road show e)Best-efforts offer f)Qualified institutional buyer g)Blue sky-laws
If a company is considering structuring the rights issue to allow for an additional share to be purchased for 10 rights at a subscription price of $3, would a shareholder with 100 shares be indifferent between purchasing a new share for 10 rights at $3 or purchasing a new share for 20 rights at $6. Please prove your analyze wit
2. (a) Your friend Dick Wasson cannot understand how the characteristic of corporation management is both an advantage and a disadvantage. Clarify this problem for Dick. (b) Identify and explain two other disadvantages of a corporation. 4. What are the basic ownership rights of common stockholders in the absence of restricti
The Directors of Eggs company decsribed as a very successful company have an action for fraudulent trading pending against them. The Articles of Association of Eggs Company 9.7,state that "The company will indemnify Directors against any liability incurred whilst acting as directors of the company, including (but not lilmited
The Single European Act of 1987 was primarily intended to: create more trade barriers between European countries. unify East Germany and West Germany. provide financial support for Eastern Europe. make regulations more uniform across industrialized countries in Europe
I need help finding cases for these subjects. Disparate Impact/Disparate Treatment Case Study Find a case that illustrates disparate impact and a different case that illustrates disparate treatment. Include the following components in each case study: a. A brief description of the relevant facts b.
Explain whether Christina has a claim in negligence in any of the situation: (a) While Joseph worked as an electrician for Careful Services Ltd, a company which installed electricity for local authority houses. Joseph made a mistake when wiring a house in which Christina lived and operated a successful wedding dressmaking bus
Question: Many times in the negotiation process the two parties may become stuck. At this juncture, it may be time to request a third party to help resolve situation. a. State a reason to use a third party b. State advantages and disadvantages of using a third party. c. Describe a recent global, national arbitration d.
1. What will be the long-term impact of electronic contracting on the nation's business? 2. What are the potential pitfalls you see with electronic contracting?
See the attached file. An idea for a home-based business - a website which helps lonely people find their perfect match by comparing different singles website services. Try to figure out how to design the Internet dating website so that it is legal and so that you do not get tangled up in a complicated lawsuit and answer t
Do the company's actions fit the definition of a crime, felony, or misdemeanor? Why or why not?
4. Medic Equip, Inc., manufactures medical devices. Tom is injured while using a Medic pacemaker and sues Medic for product liability based on strict liability. To win, Tom must show that a. he was in privity of contract with Medic. b. Medic did not use due care with respect to the pacemaker. c. Medic misrepresented a mater
9. Due to a rapid decline in the price of horseshoes, which can now be bought and sold for 50 cents each, Mark refuses to buy 1,000 horseshoes from Clark for $1 per shoe and thus breaches an existing contract. Clark is entitled to recover a. $1,500. b. $1,000. c. $500. d. $0. 10. Air Transport Company contracts to bu
0. Local Delivery Service contracts to sell its business to Regional Transport Corporation (RTC). Before the deal is completed, they contract to sell RTC's rights in the deal to National Distribution, Inc. This new contract will discharge the original contract if the new contract is supported by a. a mutual agreement to resc
1. Best Goods, Inc., and Great Products Corporation use the mark "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval" to certify the quality of their products. Best and Great are not in business together and do not own this mark. The mark is a. a certification mark. b. a collective mark. c. a service mark. d. trade dress. 2. George owns