What are some of the defenses to the formation of a contract?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 1, 2020, 10:18 pm ad1c9bdddf
If we agree that the primary legal definitions of a contract include:
Agreement including an offer and an acceptance
Consideration (promise to pay)
Legal purpose or objective between competent parties
Then a defense could be:
1. There was no formal offer
2. There was no acceptance of the offer
3. There was no consideration
4. There was no promise to pay
5. There was no legal purpose to the contract
6. One or ...
The 279 word solution first summarized the elements of a contract, and then lists 12 possible defenses. Following those is a more succinct, cited paragraph about defenses.