Mr. Thomas, a 10 year executive with XYZ Corporation, continued to engage his secretary in a conversation regarding the female body part that was a subject of a recent television program, even after she indicated she did not wish to discuss it further. Mr. Thomas subsequently copied a page from a dictionary containing the name o
Draft a performance action plan for a company to follow when providing discipline in response to complaints of sexual harassment. Use the Internet or other Web resources if needed.
If a group of securities brokers agree throughout a conversation to sell a specific stock aggressively and then they sell their own share at a profit after the share price increases to a certain dollar - is that considered insider trading which is a felony crime? After all, they were selling stock for illegal purposes so to spe
Many of the original settlers in Texas were debtors fleeing from creditors in other states. As a result, Texas bankruptcy laws generously protect a debtor's "homestead" from being seized by creditors. A "homestead" under Texas law can be as large as one acre in an urban area or 200 acres in a rural area. As a result of this exem
Use the internet or other Web resources to develop a questionnaire that managers will use when they are interviewing applicants. The name of the position that the candidates will be interviewing for At least 12 permissible questions that will be asked to all candidates. A summary of illegal questions that should never be
(1) What are the key components of a handbook and contract? (2) Also, what is the similarities and difference between handbooks and contracts.
I am working with a study team to market a new product campaign for Technology Escrow: Intellectual Property Management for a national bank chain. One of the pieces I am struggling with is in the identification of ethical challenges that the bank would face in creating a campaign for this new service. I am struggling with thi
I am unfortunatley somewhat confused on this topic. For instance, let's say you are a passing motorist and stop to give first aid to an individual that was a victim of a motor vehicle accident. Unfortunately, that person passes due to their injuries. Are you responsible? I was reading up on tort laws and was somewhat confu
Draft an agreement for a website so as to limit and reduce the possibilities of litigation from unsatisfied customers and from other affected parties (celebrities, media companies, politicians, etc.). The agreement should include Usage Clauses, Disclaimers, and Warranties where necessary.
1. Before the UCC and UCITA, what was one of the first, and most significant, of the U.S. government's attempts to promote uniformity in commercial laws from state to state? (hint: think of commerce and constitution.) 2. Based on the info presented above, what do you see as the major differences between article 2 of the unifo
Under what conditions does a private person lose rights to privacy and publicity? How do these compare with the privacy rights of a public figure like a politician or someone holding government office? In your opinion, for individuals and for public figures, are the existing laws lax or strict? For example, would it be legal to
How does the Sarbanes-Oxley Act influence publicly traded companies' need for systems reliability assurance and how is it different from traditional assurance services? Are there any similarities between the two? If so, what are they? b) How has the Sarbanes-Oxley Act influenced the accounting profession's need to shift from
According to the Copyright Act, when does a creation enter the public domain? An inventor may gift his invention to the public. For example, the early developers of software for the Internet placed their work in the public domain immediately. Discuss the implications of such acts. Also research the Internet to find incidents
A type of ADR in which an appeal to court is possible. A law that requires that a particular type of contract be in writing is called a: Legally enforceable promise.
A certain 10-year bond is currently selling for $920. A friend of yours owns a forward contract of this bond that has a delivery date in 1 year and a delivery price of $940. The bond pays coupons of $80 every 6 months, with one due months form now and another just before maturity of the forward. The current interest rates for 6
What types of recommendations would you make with a view to managing legal and political risk in a transition economy?
Give suggestions for the following law questions: 1. Which of the following statements is true? a. If one has entered into a contract, one is obligated to fully perform one's obligations under the contract, even if it becomes impossible to do so. b. One must perform all promises made under a contract, even if performance su
1. Which of the following statements are true? I. The US Constitution contains many prohibitions against government regulation, and many of these are contained in the Bill of Rights, which consists of the first 10 Amendment to the Constitution. II. The US Constitution is the highest source of law in the United States. a.
Legal issues: right-of-way across Kay's property; American Manufacturing Company (AMC) what legal relationship is it; Does Barb acquire Ellen's HDC rights in the note;tenants in common;ground(s) L
1. John owns an orchard behind Kay's house and property. The only access to the orchard is Kay's driveway, which John has used for years to get to his land. John sells the orchard to Lee. Can Lee use the right-of-way across Kay's property? Discuss. 2. American Manufacturing Company (AMC) requires that its employees w
Grocery has a written contract with Cereal, Inc. to purchase 20 cases of cereal per month at $22 per case. The contract does not state the types of cereal or how the 20 cases will be divided up between Grocery's 20 stores in Any State. After a "twenty-year" flood, Cereal suffers severe water damage in its warehouse. With the exc
What are some examples of where moral duties and legal duties differ? Give some examples.
What is a preliminary injunction? What are the factors that a court must consider when deciding whether to grant a preliminary injunction?
Personally liable for false advertising and the doctrine of "unclean hands" What is the doctrine of "unclean hands"
When is a business owner personally liable for false advertising? What is the doctrine of "unclean hands"?
Explain how ethical, legal and regulartory issues influence the internet and how business is impacted. Give examples from the internet to support.
1. What is the major difference between business speech and political speech? 2. Closely regulated industries are not afforded all Fourth Amendment guarantees against unreasonable search and seizure. Is this fair, or is it necessary to protect the greater good? 3. After briefing this case on Business and the Bill of Rights do
Should the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act apply to multinational companies requiring them to comply with the act when oversees? Why of why not? Look into the action taken in 2005 regarding anti- corruption.
This is to educate readers about the Civil Litigation Process which includes Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) and EEOC rulings.
For a research paper, I had to pick two disabilities and ways to accomodate them for individuals. the two disabilities I chose were: the blind not having an accomodation for using the internet, and secondly, smoking in restaurants (even though there is non smoking, people still get the smoke) those with lung problems still suff
1. Describe beneficial effects to our system of law gained from the principle of "stare decisis". 2. Why is law not an exact science? 3. What are the implications for healthcare?
Research a management dilemma over a legal issue affecting managers (disability discrimination in public accommodations) and then talk about the: Proposals, Value Judgments, Assumptions, Ethics of Purpose.