1) The following table shows nominal GDP and an appropriate price index for a group of selected years. Compute real GDP. Indicate in each calculation whether you are inflating or deflating the nominal GDP data. Year Nominal GDP, Price Index 1960 $ 527.4 22.19 1968 911.5
1. A bank located in a commercial district of a city has developed an improved process for serving customers during the noon to 1:00PM peak lunch period. The waiting time (as defined as the time the customer enter the line until he or she is served) of all customers during this hour is recorded over a period of 1 week. A random
Assume NJD Bottling is a company producing power drinks. You visited the company and did a sampling of 15 bottles to figure out the average volume of the bottle. You recorded the following data: 17, 16, 17.5, 16.7, 17.3, 15, 17.2, 17, 17.2, 16.8, 17.3, 16.9, 17.4, 17.7, 17.1 a- Find the mean, median mode of the da
Can I have help with this one please. thanks YOU HAVE 50 MINUTES FOR THIS EXAM. YOU MAY USE A CALCULATOR AND THE ABBREVIATED TABLE OF z-SCORES AND PERCENTILES GIVEN ON THE LAST PAGE. ENTER YOUR CHOICES ON THE COMPUTER ANSWER FORM AND IN THE BOXES BELOW THE QUESTIONS. JUSTIFY YOUR RESPONSE IN THE SPACE PROVIDED BELOW EACH QUES
Provide an example from your work or home life; illustrate the difference between the application of descriptive statistics and inferential statistics. What type of information would you be looking to obtain with inferential statistics and which tools might you use to achieve that?
Problem 1- Use the data from file named "EA1.2 Class Data Gender" For each of the variables - Gender, Miles from College to Home States, and Capitols You Can Name calculate the following statistics and graphs: a. Using at most seven classes, organize the sample data into a frequency distribution. b. Graph out the data for
An animal trainer obtained the following sample data (Table A) in a study of reaction times of dogs (in seconds) to a specific stimulus. He then selected another group of dogs that were much older than the first group and measure their reaction times to the same stimulus. The sample data is shown in Table B. Table A
1. You are given the following frequency distribution for the number of errors that students made in a test Errors Frequency 0-2 13 3-5 17 6-8 0 9-11 16 12-14 3 Find the mean, variance, and standard deviation. 2. You are given the following data. x y 2 11 3 19 4 4 5 19 5 2 7 14 7 6 Find: -
Select a business problem that is based upon an experience from your place of work or home environment. Briefly describe the business problem and the research methodology that you would employ to gather data and test your hypothesis (which should also be stated). Describe the ethical considerations that you would need to make re
1. A university wants to estimate the average amount of money that students spend on books in a semester. It takes a random sample of 45 students and finds that the average amount of money spent was $282 with a standard deviation of $21. Find a 95% confidence interval estimate for the true mean amount of money spent on books in
Implement the following LP problem in a spreadsheet. Use Solver to solve the problem and create a Sensitivity Report. MAX: 4X1 + 2X2 Subject to: 2X1 + 4X2 < or = 20 3X1 + 5X2 < or = 15 X1, X2 > or = 0 Use the Sensitivity Report to answer the following questions, explaining your reasoning: What range of value
You are the president of a medium size marketing research and management-consulting firm. ZYX Inc has hired you for a new management-consulting project. After interviewing the top management at ZYX, you have made the following notes ... (See attached files).
1. Below is the result of a statistical study on a small sample based on an hourly wage rate: Wage rate ($) Frequency 5 up to 10 3 10 up to 15 0 15 up to 20 10 20 up to 25 5 25 up to 30 12 a. Determine the mean of the hourly wage rates Xbar = b. What is the mode of the wa
Answer each of the following questions. Show all work. 1. Complete column 3 of the following table, which shows the amount of time job applicants took to complete an aptitude test.. The column 3 solution is: Homework Time Number of Students Relative Freque
What does an x chart suggest about the hospital's loses on major joint replacements? Include the control chart.
A hospital struggling to contain costs investigates procedures on which it loses money. Government standards place medical procedures into Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs). For example, major joint replacements are DRG 209. The hospital takes from its records a random sample of 8 DRG 209 patients each month. The losses incurred
Can I have a quick information of this ( file attached) 1. A frequency distribution can be shown as ? a statistic ? a histogram ? a scatter plot ? a stem and leaf plot 2. Simple statistics are ? for simpletons ? presented in stem and leaf plots ? things like correlations ? things like standard deviations
A large bakery buys flour in 25-pound bags. The bakery uses an average of 4,860 bags a year. Preparing an order and receiving a shipment of flour involves a cost of $10 per order. Annual carrying costs are $75 per bag. a) Determine the economic order quantity. b) What is the average number of bags on han
I. Matching a. Nominal _____1. Number of pages in a book b. Ordinal _____2. Name of a book c. Discrete _____3. Weight of a book d. Continuous _____4. Rank on bestsellers list II. Which of the following is not like the others in the group and say why: mean, standard deviation, median, mode, and midrange
1. For each of the following, note whether the distribution is symmetrical, negatively skewed, or positively skewed. a. Mean = 14, mode = 25, median = 19 b. Mean = 50, mode = 50, median = 50 c. Mean = 225.8, mode = 184, median = 199 2. A math test was given with the following results: 80, 69, 92, 75, 88, 37, 98, 92,
1. Solve the following linear programming model by using the computer: Maximize Z = 5x1 + 8x2 Subject to 3x1 + 5x2 ≤ 50 2x1 + 4x2 ≤ 40 x1 ≤ 8 x2 ≤ 10 x1, x2 ≥ 0 2. Solve the following linear programming model by using the computer: Minimize Z = 8x1 + 6x2 Subject to
The Minnetonka Corporation, which produces and sells to wholesalers a highly successful line of water skis, has decided to diversify to stabilize sales throughout the year. The company is considering the production of cross-country skis. After considerable research, a cross-country ski line has been developed. Because of the co
Calculate the Mean, Median, First Quartile, Second Quartile, Variance, Standard Deviation, Range, Inter Quartile Range and Z-Score from the given data.
Attached are my statistics 101 problems that are to be completed and DONE (see attachment). By completing these problems you will be providing me with a valuable study guide to use so I will be able to solve problems such as these in the future. PLEASE make sure to DO ALL OF THE PROBLEMS. Do not make the EXPLANATIONS complic
The responses of a sample of 1020 people who were asked if the air quality in their community is better or worse than it was 10 years aga are shown below. Find the mean, median and mode of the date. Better: 345 Worse: 430 Same: 245 a) Find the mean. Select correct choice below. Fill in answer to comple
3.11- The following data contains the total fat , in grams per serving, for a sample of 20 chicken sandwiches from fast food chains. Sandwich Calories Fat Sat Fat Carbs Sodium Wendy's Ultimate Chicken Grill 360 7 2 44 1100 Baja Fresh Original Baja Taco with Charbroiled Chicken 370 8 1 53 680 Burger King Smoky BBQ Fire Gr
Please show all work. 1. There are 10 rolls of film in a box and 3 are defective. Two rolls are to be selected, one after the other (without replacement). What is the probability that neither roll will be defective? 2. The Ace Battery Company manufactures automobile batteries. The company has determined that the lives
1. Statistical Quality Control- Mean and Range Chart A new machine has just been installed to cut and rough-shape large slugs. The slugs are then transferred to a precision grinder. One of the critical measurements is the outside diameter. The quality control inspector randomly selected five slugs each hour, measured the out
A company's QC dept. has recorded the proportion of defective items for each of 500 monthly shipments of one of the computer components that the company produces (data in attached file).The QC dept. manager does not have time to review all of this data. Instead she would like to examine the proportions of defective items for a
1. The owner of the Burger Doodle Restaurant is considering two ways to expand operations: open a drive up window or serve breakfast. The increase in profits resulting from these proposed expansions depends on whether a competitor opens a franchise down the street. The possible profits from each expansion in operations, given bo
For each of the following, identify the scale of measurement (NOIR) and the best measure of central tendency for the data. A survey reports that chocolate is the most popular ice cream flavor, followed by vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate chip. What scale of measurement is being used? Should the researcher report this inform