1. What is the relationship between the value for degrees of freedom and the shape of the t distribution? What happens to the critical value of t for a particular alpha level when df increases in value 2. The following sample was obtained from a population with unknown parameters Scores: 8, 0, 8, 8 a. Compute the sample me
Individual Assignment: Exercises From the E-Text ? Resource: Applied Statistics in Business and Economics ? Prepare answers to the following exercises from Applied Statistics in Business and Economics: ? Chapter 4: Exercises 4.4 Page 125; with modifications. The following problem is similar to exercise 4
Suppose one of the key dimensions of U-bolts manufactured for a particular customer is 10.75 +/- 0.25. To qualify the process, you built 120 u-bolts and obtained the following data. Statistic U-Bolt Measurement Mean 10.717 Standard Error 0.00793 Median 10.7 Mode 10.65 Standard Deviation 0.0868 Sample Variance 0.007
1. Calculate the (A) mean, (b) median (c) mode and (d) Range and (e) Standard Deviation for the data below. You may use full functions of Excel. Hint. Copy and paste the data into an Excel spread sheet. Copy, then click one cell in Excel, and paste. Excel will fill the proper cells below the one you selected. Mean______;
A quality characteristic of interest for a tea-bag-filling process is the weight of the tea in the individual bags. If the bags are under filled, two problems arise. First, customers may not be able to brew the tea to be as strong as they wish. Second, the company may be in violation of the truth-in-labeling laws. In this ex
A. Calculate all measures of central tendency for data that are interval or ratio in measurement b. Calculate the standard deviation for data that are interval or ratio in measurement c. Assume this is a sample of students, calculate a t-test that compares boys and girls on the number of absences (you can assume equal vari
A salesperson in a small appliance store sells the following number of air conditioners each month (starting in January) throughout the year. 3, 5, 5, 6, 12, 17, 14, 9, 4, 2, 1, 1. The store owner did a few calculations using one of his statistics books and concluded the salesperson should be fired. Using the knowledge you have
Calculate all measures of central tendency for data that are interval or ratio in measurement - mean, median, mode
Data for Practice Problems Standard Test Scores Name Gender Absences PE Math Writing Reading Alex Boy 5 49 85 86 80 Anthony Boy 18 51 39 71 75 Douglas Boy 1 82 74 78 79 Jorge Boy 4 56 66 68 60 Joshua Boy 5 83 79 78 77 Luke Boy 0 94 89 84 84 Robert Boy 17 36 36 56 50 Rupert Boy 4 24 55 56 52 Seth Boy 0 61 92 89 83
1. Describe the properties of a normal distribution. Why are there infinite possible normal distributions? Why should one assume that sample data represents a population distribution? 2. Does all statistical data have a mean, median, or mode? Why? When is the mean the best measure of central tendency? When is the median the b
Case Problem #2 Unemployment Study See this link for the general problem. Make sure to use the attached data set, not the one in the book. http://books.google.com/books?id=_sOSAXTuy8cC&lpg=PA386&ots=24jaKDjmjL&dq=case%20problem%202%20Unemployment%20Study&pg=PA386#v=onepage&q=case%20problem%202%20Unemployment%20Study&f=fal
Please see attached file for data. Owing to several major ocean oil spills by tank vessels, Congress passed the 1999 Oil Pollution Act, which requires all tankers to be designed with thicker hulls. Further improvements in the structural design of a tank vessel have been proposed since then, each of which the objective of redu
1. Find the mean of the distribution shown. x 1 2 P(x) 0.31 0.69 A) 0.96 B) 1.42 C) 1.18 D) 1.69 2. For a normal distribution with mean 5 and standard deviation 6, the value 11 has a z value of A) -1 B) 1 C) 2 D) 3 3. If the standard deviation of a probability dis
Stephanie's Baskets sells wicker baskets at home parties. Stephanie sells 120 baskets/year, carries an ordering cost of $20/order, and an annual holding cost of 25. She currently orders 25 baskets at a time without using discounts. She has the opportunity to purchase at a discount. Given the following pricing sheet, what qua
Powell Industries produces its best-selling wPhone on a production line that has an annual capacity of 160,000 units. Williams Industries estimates the annual demand for this product to be at 60,000 units. The cost to set up the production line is $2345 and the annual holding cost is $20/unit. Current practice calls for pro
Stocks: Calculation of Mean Stock Price, Average Return, Buy and Hold Return, Liquidity, Risk, Standard Deviation and Correlation among different stocks
See attached data file. Statistical analysis for a financial investment, please view attached Excel spreadsheet and answer the following questions. 1. Consider that you might have a very limited amount of money to invest, and thus would prefer 'cheaper' to more 'expensive' stock. What was the average price of each stock
See attached file. The CEO of your company has asked you, the human resource manager, to conduct a study to determine whether or not male managers and female managers perceive leadership styles differently and, if differences are found, to develop a training program that will benefit gender differences in leadership. To this
One question on a student survey asks: In a typical week, how many times do you eat at a fast food restaurant? The following frequency distribution table summarizes the results for a sample n = 20 students. Number of times per week f __________________________________ 5 or more
Section 2.1: Frequency Distributions and their Graphs (Note: Scatter plots will be revisited on Unit 8.) 1.The Young Republicans Club asked its members how many hours they had worked during the previous week in part-time jobs. The following data lists the number of hours spent working during the previous week. 6 6 6 4 6 6
Does all statistical data have a mean, median, or mode? Why? When is the mean the best measure of central tendency? When is the median the best measure of central tendency?
You are a quality analyst with John and Sons Company. Your company manufactures fax machines, copiers, and printers that use plain paper. The CEO of the company wants the machines to handle 99.5 percent of all the paper that is used in them without the paper getting jammed. The CEO asks you to determine the thickness of pape
The number of widgets produced by 9 employees in an eight hour shift is recorded below. Find the mean number of widgets produced. 135, 120, 116, 119, 121, 125, 135, 131, 123 What is the range of widgets produced given in problem presented above? What is the mode of the number of widgets produced presented abo
1. A large mass of data can best be summarized pictorially by means of: a. the range b. a histogram c. the frequency table d. mean and standard deviation 2. For a symmetric distribution, the mean and median are a. the same b. always different c. possi
1. The mean price of 5 items is $7.00. The prices of the first four items are $6.50, $8.00, $5.50 and $6.00. How much does the fifth item cost? 2. The range of a set of numbers is 1,362. The greatest number is 2,172. What is the least number? 3. The mean of a set of 7 numbers is 13. What is the sum of the numbers? 4.
Two workers on the same job show the following results over a long period of time. Worker Worker A B --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simultaneous equations are a set of equations containing multiple variables. What are two examples of how simultaneous equations are used in business? What are some of the different ways you can satisfy these equations? Please give me a business example, and how you would solve it.
Mean, median, and mode: Computations The following list contains the average annual total returns (in percentage points) for 8 mutual funds. The mutual funds appear in an online brokerage firm's "all-star" list. 23, 16, 9, -5, 40, 36, 16, 21 A - What is the mean of this data set? If the answer is not an integer, roun
Please see the attached file. What Quantitative method / technique is used to determine the attached? Using the attached data, what are the limits for xbar- and R-charts, is this process in control?
What is the weighted mean profit per delivery - a bottling company offers three kinds of delivery service - instant, same day and within 5 days. The profit per delivery varies according to the kind of delivery. The profit for an instant delivery is less than the other kinds because the driver has to go out directly to a grocery
Refer to the Real Estate data, which reports information on homes sold in the Denver, Colorado, area last year. a. Select the variable selling price. 1. Find the mean, median, and the standard deviation. 2. Write a brief summary of the di
1. Distinguish between descriptive statistics and inferential statistics. 2. Distinguish between and independent and a dependent variable - give example. 3. The annual incomes of the five vice presidents of Erlen industries are 75000 78000 72000 83000 90000 a. What is the range? b. What is the arithmetic mea