Nine college juniors are aspiring to become members of the hallowed Cardinal Club at LSU. Successful initiation involves accurately performing a series of rituals involving ordered mental and physical tasks, which include sips of beer at certain points, after initially having consumed six beers. Every time a participant botche
Please help with the following problem involving analysis of data. Provide at least 400 words in this posting. No references are requested. What are the four levels of data? Indicate them along with a definition of each in order from lowest to highest.
A group of college students made the decision to attempt to join the infamous Cardinal Club. The initiation into the Cardinal Club involves consuming six beers and then performing a series of hand and spoken rituals which the 'candidate' is shown and allowed to practice a couple of times before the beginning of the initiation.
For the following exercise, complete the following: Find the mean, median, and range for each of the two data sets. Find the standard deviation using the rule of thumb for each of the data sets. Compare the two sets and describe what you discover. The following data sets shows the ages of the first seven president
A research team at a large university hospital has just completed a pilot study of an innovative new treatment that is intended to be used to treat patients in the later stages of prostate cancer. They had 12 patients, males, ranging in age from 47 to 73. All had been diagnosed as in stage 4 of the disease within 4 weeks of agre
Tables is already done in attachment ... Select the appropriate statistical test that allows you to conduct an analysis of the factors affecting hospital costs. You will have to select the correct statistical test and conduct that test in Excel. 1. analyze your data and produce a 250-word summary describing the major find
1. Compare and contrast the advantages and/or disadvantages of using a bar chart, a pie chart, or a Pareto diagram. 2. Discuss the differences among the mean, median, and mode. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? 3. Explain how the empirical rule helps explain the ways in which the values in a set of numeric
After some special presentations, the employees of the AV Center have to move overhead projectors back to classrooms. The table below indicates the buildings where the projectors are now (the sources), where they need to go (the destinations), and a measure of the distance between sites. Destination Source Business Ed
Statistics Questions: calculate probability; relative frequency table; range, median, mean, and mode
1. In a Gallup poll of 1,038 adults, 540 said that second-hand smoke is very harmful. What is the percentage of adults who said second-hand smoke is very harmful? 2. The first class in a relative frequency table is 50-59 and the corresponding relative frequency is 0.2. What does the 0.2 value indicate? 3.
12. A specialty bookstore concentrates mainly on used books. Paperbacks are $1.00 each, and hardcover books are $3.50. Of the 50 books sold last Tuesday morning, 40 were paperback and the rest were hardcover. What was the weighted mean price of a book? 59. A major cost factor in the purchase of a home is the monthly loan paym
See the attached file. The following data is a result of selecting a random sample of a new Ford Testing these cars for fuel efficiency results are in mile per gallon: 39.9 28.5 35.3 32.6 33.9 40.5 28.9 30.0 33.0 26.2 35.4 26.3 33.0 25.5 33.2 28.1 37.2 28.8 Attached is Excel descriptive statistics refer
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Obtain the mean and standard deviation of the provided data. See below. 2. Create a histogram for data frequencies using the Microsoft® Excel® program. The bin range can be left blank. 3. Use the histogram to determine how many points are out of control according to the upper control limit and lower contr
18. For the data in the following matrix: No treatment Treatment Male M=5 M=3 Overall M =4 Female M=9 M=13 Overall M= 11 Overall M = 7 Overall M=8 a. Describe the mean difference that is the main effect for the treatment. b. Describe the mean difference that is the main effect for gender. c. Is there an
66.) 3.44 3.42 3.35 3.39 3.49 3.49 3.41 3.46 3.41 3.49 3.45 3.48 3.39 3.46 3.44 a. What is the arithmetic mean selling price? b. What is the median selling price? c. What is the modal selling price? 69.) 32 21 60 47 54 17 72 55 33 41 a. Compute the ran
Finance Help 1. An American business needs to pay (a) 15,000 Canadian dollars, (b) 1.5 million yen,and (c) 55,000 Swiss francs to businesses abroad. What are the dollar payments to the respective countries? 2. An American business pays $20,000, $5,000, and $15,000 to suppliers in, respectively, Japan, Switzerland, and Canada. How much, in local currencies, do the suppliers receive? 3. Compute the indirect quote for the spot and forward Canadian dollar, Japanese Yen, and Swiss franc contracts. 4 You are considering a security with the following possible rates of return:
1. An American business needs to pay (a) 15,000 Canadian dollars, (b) 1.5 million yen,and (c) 55,000 Swiss francs to businesses abroad. What are the dollar payments to the respective countries? 2. An American business pays $20,000, $5,000, and $15,000 to suppliers in, respectively, Japan, Switzerland, and Canada.
11. For the following scores, find the (a) mean, (b) median, (c) sum of squared deviations, (d) variance, and (e) standard deviation: 2, 2, 0, 5, 1, 4, 1, 3, 0, 0, 1, 4, 4, 0, 1, 4, 3, 4, 2, 1, 0 12. For the following scores, find the (a) mean, (b) median, (c) sum of squared deviations, (d) variance, and (e) standard devia
See attached files. 1. Draw a Frequency Distribution for the following data: 17, 1, 3, 4, 4, 16, 2, 2, 2, 7, 8, 7, 1, 2, 2, 5, 4, 3, 12, 9, 6, 3, 6, 10, 5, 2, 3, 11, 14, 2, & 2. 2. Describe briefly the shape of the Frequency Distribution in problem 1. 3. What is the median of the data in 1 above? 4. What is the
This data represents the cholesterol levels in mg per 100 mL for 52 participants on a regular diet. 1. On the page labeled Histogram, make a frequency distribution and relative frequency distribution using 6 classes. Use this to make a relative frequency histogram. Be sure to properly title and label your graph. 2. On the
Problem-1: The number of unemployed workers in the United States in recent years (in millions) is given below. [Please refer to the attachment fo the given data] a. Find the mean number of unemployed (in millions) in this period. Which year has unemployment closest to the mean? b. Find the standard deviation for the
Please see attached file. Exercises 80, 82, and 87 (Ch. 3) 80). Creek Ratz is a very popular restaurant located along the coast of northern Florida. They serve a variety of steak and seafood dinners. During the summer beach season, they do not take reservations or accept "call ahead" seating. Management of the restaur
1. Assume that a class length between 50.0 min and 52.0 min is randomly selected, and find the probability that the given time is seletced. Between 50.5 min and 51.8 min 2. Assume that voltages in a circuit vary between 6 volts and 12 volts, and voltages are spread evenly over the range of possibilities, so that there is a
The American Automobile Association checks the prices of gasoline before many holiday weekends. ... during the May 2003 Memorial Day weekend in the Detroit, Michigan, area. .... before many holiday weekends. Listed below are the self-service prices for a sample of 15 retail outlets during Labor Day weekend of 2007 in the detroit
Differentiate between primary and secondary data sources. Is one better than the other?
See the attached file. Token thickness and Bank transaction problem to excel worksheet. A bank has determined that an average transaction time of sixty seconds with a variation of plus or minus five seconds for automated teller machines (ATM's) is expected. A survey shows the following transaction times.
Based on an analysis of the last six months sales your boss notices that sales of beef products are declining in your chains restaurants. As beef entree sales decline, so do profits. Fearing beef sales have declined due to several newspaper stories reporting E coli contamination discovered at area grocery stores, he suggests a s
Consider the data 8, 6, 7, 7, 9, 4, 8. What is the variance? Given the following sentences in years for vehicular manslaughter group of 27: Sentences f 10 1 9 0 8 4 7 8 6 1 5 3 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 2 What is the mean score? Consider the data 8, 6, 7, 7, 9, 4, 8. What is the standard deviation? The scores on a cr
1) The following table shows nominal GDP and an appropriate price index for a group of selected years. Compute real GDP. Indicate in each calculation whether you are inflating or deflating the nominal GDP data. Year Nominal GDP, Price Index 1960 $ 527.4 22.19 1968 911.5
1. A bank located in a commercial district of a city has developed an improved process for serving customers during the noon to 1:00PM peak lunch period. The waiting time (as defined as the time the customer enter the line until he or she is served) of all customers during this hour is recorded over a period of 1 week. A random
Assume NJD Bottling is a company producing power drinks. You visited the company and did a sampling of 15 bottles to figure out the average volume of the bottle. You recorded the following data: 17, 16, 17.5, 16.7, 17.3, 15, 17.2, 17, 17.2, 16.8, 17.3, 16.9, 17.4, 17.7, 17.1 a- Find the mean, median mode of the da
Can I have help with this one please. thanks YOU HAVE 50 MINUTES FOR THIS EXAM. YOU MAY USE A CALCULATOR AND THE ABBREVIATED TABLE OF z-SCORES AND PERCENTILES GIVEN ON THE LAST PAGE. ENTER YOUR CHOICES ON THE COMPUTER ANSWER FORM AND IN THE BOXES BELOW THE QUESTIONS. JUSTIFY YOUR RESPONSE IN THE SPACE PROVIDED BELOW EACH QUES