The Retread Tire Company recaps tires. The fixed annual cost of the recapping operation is $60,000. The variable cost of recapping a tire is is $9. The company charges $25 to recap a tire. A. For an annual volume of 12,000 tires, determine the total cost, total revenue, and profit. A. Formula is : Total cost = Fixed Cost +
Please explain the following: The difference between mean, median and mode, When each is appropriate to use, The relationship between variance and standard deviation, Why both measures are necessary, The relationship of these measures to estimation theory. Use the Sample Data to illustrate your points (ATTACHED).
Scores by women on the SAT-I test are normally distributed with a mean of 998 and a standard deviation of 202. Scores by women on the ACT test are normally distributed with a mean of 20.9 and a standard deviation of 4.6. Assume that the two tests use different scales to measure the same aptitude. a. If a women gets a SAT sc
The questions are related to the calculation and definitions of mean, median, mode, cumulative frequency, relative frequency, parameter, statistic and population.
15. A doctor's office staff studied the waiting times for patients who arrive at the office with a request for emergency service. The following data with waiting times in minutes were collected over a one-month period. 2 5 10 12 4 4 5 17 11 8 9 8 12 21 6 8 7 13 18 3 Use classes of 0-4, 5-0 an
Why is the sample size in most qualitative studies smaller than that used in quantitative ones?
1. Use appropriate descriptive statistic to summarize the data on assets and yields for Money Market funds 2. Develop a 95% confidence interval estimate of the mean assets, mean 7-day yield, and mean 30-day yield for the population of money market funds. provide a managerial interpretation of each interval estimate. 3.
Chapter 6: 6.21 "You think that your university bookstore is overcharging students. In researching this, you find the following data on the amount of money students spend on textbooks at other schools."
Kimble Products: Is There a Difference in the Commissions? At the January national sales meeting, the CEO of Kimble Products was questioned extensively regarding the company policy for paying commissions to its sales representatives. The company sells sporting goods to two major markets. There are 40 sales representatives who
2. Suppose your organization is committed to the promotion of public health in Boston, and your department specifically focuses on teenagers. With the permission of several area middle and high schools, your organization fielded a survey to a large group of students. The questionnaire included several health behavior related q
4-71. Listed below are the populations of the 50 states. a. Find the mean, median, Q1, and Q3. b. Find the 15th and the 90th percentiles. c. Find the coefficient of skewness and interpret the result. d. Develop a box plot and interpret the result. State Population Alabama 4,369,862 Alaska 619,500 Arizona 4,778,332 Arkan
Weight in pounds of regular Coke and Diet Coke: Regular Coke: 0.8192 0.8150 0.8163 0.8211 0.8181 0.8247 0.8062 0.8128 0.8172 0.8110 0.8251 0.8264 0.7901 0.8244 0.8073 0.8079 Diet Coke: 0.7773 0.7758 0.7896 0.7868 0.7844 0.7861
How do I calculate the: mean median standard deviation variance for: 70,5,20,55,25,10,2,15,80,50,0,38,25,0,4,5,100,125,100,20,27.5,15.25,10.25,40,25,15,20,20,25,15,10,25,15,25,15,19,10,5.5,12.5,20,35,12,15,15,10,60,20,3,45,5,20,7,20,9,15,35,50,25,25,0,3,3,10,10,0,0,5,1,30,70,5,7,10,5,25,15,30,20,10,8,12.5,10.5,12,20,15
Find the five-number summary of the following set of numbers: 0.16, 0.08, 0.27, 0.20, 0.22, 0.32, 0.25, 0.18, 0.28, 0.27
Find the first and third quartiles, Q1 and Q3, of the following set of numbers. 13, 7, 15, 13, 13, 12, 9, 11, 19, 9
Utilize statdisk at www.aw.com/triola in assisting with solutions. 1. Use the 40 pulse rates of women from the data set Fhealth and enter the results Center Mean:____________Median:___________ Variation St. Dev__________Range____________ 5 Number Summary Min______Q1_____Q2______Q3____Max____ Outliers______
1. A statistics class consists of 24 students, all of whom are unemployed in low paying part time jobs. The class also includes a professor who is paid an enormous salary. Which does a better job of describing the income of a typical person in the class of 25 people (including the professor): the mean or median? 2. A sociol
60. Owens Orchards sells apples in a large bag by weight. A sample of seven bags contained the following numbers of apples: 23, 19, 26, 17, 21, 24, 22. 1. Compute the mean number and median number of apples in a bag. 2. Verify that S (X - X) = 0. 62. The Citizens Banking Company is studying the number of times the ATM l
The differences between two sets of dependent data are: -2 , -2 , -16 , -4 , -2. Find SD Round to the nearest tenth (one decimal place). See attached file for full problem description.
The two data sets are dependent. Find mean difference to the nearest tenth (one decimal place). A 64 53 57 63 51 B 29 30 27 25 22
1) What is the variance-measures how different scores are from each other _ S2= E(X-X)2 ________ N 2) What is the equation for standard deviation-square root of variance (more meaningful because it puts variability measure in the same units as original data) S=(SQUARE ROOT) E(X-X)2
Listed below are the commissions earned ($000) last year by the sales representatives at the Furniture Patch, Inc. $3.9, $5.7, $7.3, $10.6, $13.0, $13.6, $15.1, $15.8, $17.1, 17.4, 17.6, 22.3, 38.6, 43.2, 87.7 A. Determine the mean, median, and the standard deviation. B. Determine the coefficient of skewness using Pea
(See attached file for full problem description) 1. Dave Carter, the loading master for DeMonier International Cargo Company in New Orleans, LA, is responsible for preparing a loading plan for a freighter bound for Ghana. An agricultural commodities dealer wants to charter the freighter and transport the following products a
Variation signaled by individual fluctuationsVariation signaled by individual fluctuations or patterns in the data is called A. special or assignable causes B. common or chance causes C. explained variation D. the standard deviation
1. Explain the following concepts: 1. Statistics 2. Parameter 3. Raw data 4. Grouped data 2. Refer to the math scores of the 12 students below: 75 80 68 53 99 58 76 73 85 88 91 79 Find the percentile rank for the score 85. Give a brief int
1. The following data are monthly steel production figures, in millions of tons. 7.0, 6.9, 8.2, 7.8, 7.7, 7.3, 6.8, 6.7, 8.2, 8.4, 7.0, 6.7, 7.5, 7.2, 7.9, 7.6, 6.7, 6.6, 6.3, 5.6, 7.8, 5.5, 6.2, 5.8, 5.8, 6.1, 6.0, 7.3, 7.3, 7.5, 7.2, 7.2, 7.4, 7.6 a. Draw a stem-and-leaf display of these data. b. Draw a box plot of thes
Seven students took a statistics test and a technology test with the following results: Statistics Technology Student Raw Score (X) Standard Score (Z) Raw Score (X) Standard Score (Z) Jennifer 50 +1.50 50 +1.0 Brian 49 +1.00 48 +0.50 Jay 47 0.0 52 +1.50 Ross 48 +0.50 40 -1.50 Marie 44 -1.50 44 -0.50 Charles 45 -1.00 42
1. A minor league baseball manager boasted about his players' batting averages. Below is a frequency distribution of those averages. Batting Averages Frequency Cumulative Frequency 270.5 to 279.5 2 2 279.5 to 288.5 3 5 288.5 to 297
Question Four. The following values are the number of months that individuals were not serving time during the previous year (out of jail). Note that a value of 0 indicates that a subject was in jail for the entire year. Values for 35 subjects are as follows: 5 10 0 5 11 0 0 12 0 3 7 0 8 12 0 3 12 12 12 0 12 8 9 12 8 10 12 8
I have do answer the questions below, using different numbers can u answer them with those number so that I can answer mine. Please elaborate on the last set of questions, the begining questions 1-11 I understand, but I still need you to answer. so that can can make sure I'm doing this right Given the following set of data
The Data Set and Data Set Key below contains the following eight sections of data that needs to be used: (1) Gender (2) Age (3) Department (4) Position (5) Tenure (6) Overall Job Satisfaction (7) Intrinsic Job Satisfaction - Satisfaction with the actual performance of the job (8) Extrinsic Job Satisfaction- Things external to t