See the attached file. Problems: 1. Find the mean, median and mode of each column. 2. Find the standard deviation of the sample and the population 3. How much of the math grade can be explained by the PE grade? (regression/correlation) Data for Practice Problems Standard Test Scores Name Gender Absences PE Math Wri
Multiple Choice Questions on Statistics concepts - sample, population, mean, median, mode, range, standard deviation, variance, probability, confidence interval estimate
Use the following information to answer questions 1 - 3. Breakdown how you got the answer. George Johnson, a concerned citizen, has decided to conduct a study of the voters in his town to determine if they approve of the way the mayor is running the government. He intends to ask 30 citizens of voting age their views in order
Lead-time demand is 600 pounds. The standard deviation of lead time demand is 52 pounds. Assuming the lead time demand is normally distributed and that an acceptable risk of stocking out is 4%: a. What is the appropriate amount of safety stock? b. What reorder point will ensure you can provide a 96% service level? c. Would
The fill amount of bottles of soft drink has been found to be normally distributed with a mean of 2.0 liters and a standard deviation of 0.05 liter. [See the Attached Questions File.]
The fill amount of bottles of soft drink has been found to be normally distributed with a mean of 2.0 liters and a standard deviation of 0.05 liter. What proportion of the bottles contain a. between 1.90 and 2.10 liters? b. below 1.92 liters? Please use the attachments provided and not only excel functions. [See the
Select any Statistic business problem and develop a problem statement which can be addressed with survey research. Prepare a 10-13 question survey to collect primary data regarding your selected problem statement. This survey should consist a mixture of categorical (nominal and ordinal) and quantitative (interval and ratio) vari
Reflect on your local housing market. How can measures of central tendency (mean, median and mode) help you to analyze the local market? Quality control is important for any business. Reflect on your own business or past experiences. How has basic descriptive statistics helped you (or your company) assess operational quality?
Refer to the Baseball data set posted in the Course Materials Forum, which reports information on the 30 Major League Baseball teams for the 2002 season. c. At the .05 significance level, can we conclude that there is a difference in the mean number of wins for teams that have artificial turf home fields versus teams th
The following sample of size n = 6 was taken for the values of a random variable. 10.3, 12.4, 8.9, 10.3, 9.0, 11.8 Compute the sample mean, sample variance, and sample standard deviation. Round your answer to 3 decimal places. A step by step solution is provided to calculate Mean, Variance, and Standard deviation. S
1. The amount of pyridoxine (in grams) per multiple vitamin is normally distributed with m = 110 grams and Q(standard deviation)= 25 grams. A sample of 25 vitamins is to be selected. So, the middle 70% of all sample means will fall between what two values? a) 104.8 and 115.2 b) 108.4 and 112.5 c) 115 and 100.7 d) 85 and 12
The results shown below are mean productivity measurements (average number of assemblies completed per hour),for a random sample of workers at each of three plants. Research question: Are the mean hourly productivity levels the same for workers in these three plants? Hourly Productivity of Assemblers in Plants Plant Finis
1. Department Store has approximately 300 customers shopping in its store between 9 A.M. and 5 P.M. on Saturdays. In deciding how many cash registers to keep open each Saturday, Schmedley's manager considers two factors: customer waiting time (and the associated waiting cost) and the service costs of employing additional checkou
These are the only two review questions I would like assistance with. Thank You. 1. A batting average of .400 hasn't been attained for about 70 years. Go to the Baseball data set and compute the 99% CI interval for batting means statistically regarding the difficulty of hitting .400. Baseball Stats attached in Excel. 2.
1. A group of 100 students were surveyed about their interest in a new International Studies program. Interest was measured in terms of high, medium, or low. 30 students responded high interest; 50 students responded medium interest; 40 students responded low interest. What is the relative frequency of students with high intere
1) develop a point estimate of the mean cost per treatment of the drug; develop a point estimate of the standard deviation 2) What is the probablity that a random sample of 75 students will provide a sample mean SAT score within 10 of the population mean? 3) Show the sampling distribution of p 4) find the value of the standard error of the mean 5) Develop a point estimate of the proportion who are bullish on the stock market
1) Assuming the following numbers are dollar amounts per treatment with a specific drug, develop a point estimate of the mean cost per treatment of the drug. Next, develop a point estimate of the standard deviation of the cost per treatment of the drug. 4376 5578 2717 4920 4495 4798 6446 4119 4237 3814 2) T
(23) Assume that the heights of women are normally distributed. A random sample of 20 women have a mean height of 62.5 inches and a standard deviation of 2.3 inches. Use the Chi-Square distribution to construct the 99% confidence interval for the population standard deviation a of women's heights. (24) FedEx Ground would like
1. Assume that blood pressure readings are normally distributed with a mean of 117 and a standard deviation of a = 6.4. If one person is randomly selected, find the probability that their blood pressure will be less than 119. If 64 people are randomly selected, find the probability that their mean blood pressure will be l
Fore more details problems, you can see in attachment file 17. A home theater in a box is the easiest and cheapest way to provide surround sound for a hoem entertainment center. A sample of prices is shown here (Consumer Reports Buying Guide,2004). The prices are for models with a DVD player and for models without a DVD play
Rounding Off 1. State the Round-Off Rule as described in Section 3.3. You will use this rule to decide how many decimal places to round the answers in this project. If you have not noticed by now, rounding off is important; at the very least, it can make the difference between a correct and incorrect answer. 2. What is .02
5. The Dow Jones Travel Index reported what business travelers pay to hotel rooms per night in major U.S cities (The Wall Street Journal, January 16,2004). a. What is the mean hotel room rate? b. What is the median hotel room rate? c. What is the mode? d. What is the first quartile? e. What is the third quartile? Th
This posting provides different problems on operation management including assignment and transportation problems for hardrock concrete company, ashley's auto top carriers and State of Missouri.
10-7 What is the enumeration approach to solving assignment problems? Is it a practical way to solve a 5 row X 5 column problem? A 7X7 problem? Why? 10-13 The hardrock concrete company has plants in three locations and currently working on 3 major construction projects, each located at a different site. The shipping cost per
A sample of 20 pages was taken without replacement of the 1591 page phone directory "American Pages Plus Yellow Pages." On each page, the mean area devoted to display ads was measured (a display ad is a large block of multicolored illustrations, maps, and text). The data (in square milimeters) is shown below 0 260
I had to do 100 problems. These are the ones left. I have no strength or understanding of what or how to do them. Please HELP! For the following scores, find the (a) mean, (b) median, (c) sum of squared deviations,(d) variance, and (e) standard deviation:2, 2, 0, 5, 1, 4, 1, 3, 0, 0, 1, 4, 4, 0, 1, 4, 3, 4, 2, 1, 0 For
A sample of 900 first-year students at a large university has a mean SAT math score of 525 with a standard deviation of 88. Estimate the mean SAT math score for the entire first-year class. Give the 95% confidence interval. How do find this answer? What formula do I use?
I need the attached discussion question answered as the solution in my textbook is too hard to understand. Please respond to the following discussion question. You are given the following data. Student Number Age Income/ thousands Hours Studying /Per Week Final Grade Gender 1 46 37 6 70 M 2 53 46 19 92 F 3 34 25 20 95
Really need help with this problem. Please show me how to set it up in the correct steps. a. Ryan is planning to finance her college education by selling programs at the football games for her team. there is a fixed cost of $400 for printing these programs, and the variable cost is $3. there is also a $1,000 fee that is p
For a particular sample of 50 test scores on a psychology exam, the following results were obtained.
For a particular sample of 50 test scores on a psychology exam, the following results were obtained. Mean- 78, Midrange- 72, Third quartile-94, Mode-84, Median-80, standard deviation-11, range-52, first quartile-68 What score was earned by more students than any other score and why ? ( 84 ? because it is the score that occurs
Describe the data scales that are best suited for presentation in a pie chart. Does all data have a mean, median, or mode?
A. Describe the data scales that are best suited for presentation in a pie chart. How effective are the pie charts that often accompany a newspaper article in explaining the statistics being used in the article? Using any data real or fictional, develop a pie chart and interpret the results. b. Does all data have a mean, med
Hello, I need help with "uses of statistical information" in healthcare. I need to figure out what data in important to a healthcare organization, description of data, data definitions and type, and discuss the advantages of accurate interpretation. Word count 400 Cite and reference data (website) Example of data: Uses of
True / False - Variation in the population has little if any effect on the amount of sampling that will be experienced?
Can you help me with some True / False questions on statistics? I think I am reading too much into the question for True / False. *Variation in the population has little if any effect on the amount of sampling that will be experienced? *Parameters are numbers that can be used to describe characteristics of population? *
Please assist with these problems and use two separate Excel for each problem. The same attached file information is used for both problems. 1.Using the water use data set analyze the data using Excel and report in proper statistical form/jargon about the dataset. 2. Using the water use data set analyze the data using Exc