1. Map is laid out in such a way that 1/2 inch equals 11 1/4 miles. How many miles are represented by 5.4 in? 2. If eggs cost 81 cents a dozen, how much would 2/3 dozen cost? 3. Williams sends 1/4 of his pay home each month. If his wife saves 1/3 of the amount he sends, what part of his pay is saved. 4. For the first three mo
Please use Partial Fractions to find the sum of the series below. Please show/explain each step in the solution. Thank you ∞ ∑ ________6________ n=1 (2n - 1) (2n + 1 )
1. Housing rates have rapidly increased, and you have decided to save to buy your first house. You expect to save $1500 per month at the end of each month for the next 3 years, investing these funds in a mutual fund you expect to earn 6.5% interest, compounded monthly. At the end of three years of savings, you will buy the hou
3. In two hours, Allice drove her car the same distance that Gene drove his car in 2 hours and 30 minutes. Find the speed of Gene's car given that he drove 10 mph slower than Alice drove. 4. A cruiser and a submarine leave the same port at the same time and travel eastward. The cruiser average 18 mph and the submarien 42 m
1) I am saving for my two children. One child will enter college in 5 years, while the other child will enter college in 7 years. College costs are currently $10,000 per year and are expected to grow at a rate of 5 percent per year. All college costs are paid at the beginning of the year. I assume that each child will be in coll
Leave the answer as improper fraction 1) 8/35-11/35+17/35 2) 4 6/7 + 2 8/11 3) 6 19/21 -(-2 1/3) 4) 7 2/7 - 4 5) 9/13 + 3 1/4 6) 3 7/12 - (15/12-9/12) 7) -3 5/9 - 2 1/7 + 4 2/3 8) 11/12+5/12 - x = 9/12 9) 4 7/8 + 1 3/5 - x = 3 39/40 evaluate 7x/15 - 2x/9=
3 different equivalent fractions for each. 1) 2/3 2) 5/9
Please explain the following ratios and proportions: 1) 45 cm to 1 m 2) 10xy+ 2y/4y 3)(9x-6y)/3 4)(2x*2y/4y) 5) (x+y)/(x*2-y*2) 6) (x*2+7x+12)/(x+4)
-9/7 x (-6) x 5/8 =
5/-4 - -9/7 =
A consumer's group checked the gasoline mileage (to the nearest mile per gallon) on 25 different cars. The following gives a summary of the findings: Miles Per Gallon Frequency Less than 15 2 16-20 4 21-30
1. Solve _________ 2/x +4 = 5 2. Solve 1 1 3 ------ + ---- = ---- 2x -4 x-2 2 3. x^2 + 3x -10 x^2 - x - 2 ----------------- -:- ------------ x^2 - 2x-35 x^2 - 6x -7 4. x 3 ------
15 Problems : Rational expressions solving equations with radical exponents, Solving equations and Ratio and proportion
Solve each equation 12. 48. Solve each equation 29. 30. 37. 39. Solve each proportion 30. 47. Basketball blow out. As the final buzzer signaled the end of the basketball game, the Lions were 34 point ahead of the Tigers. If the Lions scored 5 points for every 3 scored by the tigers
5 Consumer Mathematics Problems: WACC, Repurchase of stock, Treasury bond, Stock price, Price of bonds
1) Acetate, Inc., has equity with a market value of $20 million and debt with a market value of $10 million. The cost of the debt is 14 percent per annum. Treasury bills that mature in one year yield 8 percent per annum, and the expected return on the market portfolio over the next year is 18 percent. The beta of Acetate's equit
Ratio and Proportion Application Word Problem - If volume is 35 cubic feet, when height is 20 feet and the girth is 5 feet?
Girth is distance around. If volume is 35 cubic feet, when height is 20 feet and the girth is 5 feet. What is the heigth when the volume is 85.75 feet and the girth is 7 feet?
I can get the answers usually by calculator but I need to show my work. (5^2/3)^7/2 (3^1/2)(12^1/2) 5^200 / 5^-201 (5^1/2)(11^1/2) (21^1/2)(21^1/2) also writing a decimal as a fraction in simplest form ___ .0204 = 68/333 by calculator but how would I show my work without using a calulator.
I have started this problem but I cannot figure out what im doing wrong or if I am even go about the problem the right way. Could somebody please help? 1. Arianne casts a shadow of 6m. If she measures 160cm, how tall is a tree that casts a shadow of 10m. show all calculations. 6/10 = x/1.6 10x = 6 x 1.6 10x = 9.
Kent can Paint a certain house by himself in x days. His helper Keith can paint the same house by himself in x + 3 days. Suppose that they work together on the job for 2 days. To complete the table, use the fact that the work completed is the product of the rate and the time. Write a Rational expression for the fraction of th
Consider an infinite layer of fluid held between two planes z=0 and z=δ such that the temperature of the bottom boundary is... Please see attached for full question.
Students with a class size of under 30,have finished their tests. One third of the class received a "B," one quarter a "B-",and one sixth a "C". One eighth of the class Failed. How many students in class received an A?
Perform the indicated subtraction x/x^2-2x-3 - 3x/x^2-9
1. Park rangers catch, tag, and then release 140 elk back into a national park. One month later, they select a sample of 130 elk, 91 of which are tagged. Assuming the ratio of tagged elk in the sample holds for all elk in the park, approximately how many elk are in the park? 2. The formula M = 0.0075x2 - 0.2676x + 14.8 mode
An investor bought 2000 shares of stock. An initial purchase was for $12 per share and a second purchase was for $18 per share. If $27,000 worth of stock was purchased, how many shares were purchased at each price? A saltwater solution is formed by mixing 3 lbs of salt with 15 gal of water. At this rate how many additiona
The amount of the ingredients needed to make 3 and 5 servings of rice are: to make rice and water salt butter _________________________________________ 3 servings 1 cup 3/8 tsp 1 1/2 tsp 5 servings 1 2/3 cup 5/8 tsp 2 1/2 tsp Find the amount of each ingredient
Express f(x) as the sum of partial fractions. f(x)=(3x^2+10x+9)/(2x^3+8x^2+10x+4) This is what I've done so far. f(x)= (3x^2+10x+9)/(2x^3+8x^2+10x+4) = (3x^2+10x+9)/((x+2)(2x+2)(x+1)) = (3x^2+10x+9)= a/(x+2)+b/(2x+2)+c/(x+1) Giving the simultaneous equations: 3=2a+b+2c 10=4a+3b+6c 9=2a+2b+4c
Reduce each answer to the lowest terms (see attachment)
2m 3m ___ = _____ 3 2
For O.T.A 103997,,, Example 1,, find the LCD for the given rational expression, and convert into an equivalent rational expression with the LCD as the denominator, X Y 1 - - - 9y5z, 12x3, 6x2y Example 2,, find the LCD for the given rational expression, and convert this rational expression into an
A. Use a rectangle to explain the process of adding 1/4 and 2/3 - Explain your answer. B. What multiplication problems are represented by each of the following area models? What are the products? (The 1st area model looks like one big rectangle with fifteen little rectangles in it, and 8 of them are shaded) (The 2nd area mo
Simplify attached fractions with polynomial denominators.