1 3 4 + -------- = - ----- w -2 w -3
y^2 - 10y + 21 --------------------- 6y^2 - 54
4 2-3x --------- + ----- x + 2 x
A water tank has an inlet pipe and a drain pipe. A full tank can be emptied in 30 minutes if the drain is opened and an empty tank can be filled in 45 minutes with the inlet pipe opened. If both pipes are accidentally opened when the tank is full, then how long will it take to empty the tank? keywords: least, lowest common mu
World grain demand. Freeport McMoRan projects that in 2010 world grain supply will be 1.8 trillion metric tons and the supply will be only 3/4 of world grain demand. What will world grain demand be in 2010?
1. 2 sizes of Jam 14 ounces for $1.29 or 32 ounces for $2.99 Which is the better buy? 2. The price of bread increased $1.39 to $1.49. To the nearest tenth of a percent what is the increase? 3. A college had a 1.5% decrease in students. If there were 22,400 students before the decrease how many students are there now?
Attendance at the Fireman's Ball has been declining. Each year, the number attending is 2/3 of the previous year's attendance and the cost of food is 3/4 that of the previous year. 1) In what year will the attendance be less than 1/3 the original attendance? 2) There was $1,200.00 worth of food the first year. What is the d
Working together to get the job done. Betty and Frank, working together , can paint the exterior of a house in 3 days. Frank, by himself, can complete the job in 8 days less than Betty. How long will it take Betty to complete the job by herself?
Derive the wave eqation in 2 dimension. Give and and sovle any two examples of problem for wave eqn in 2D. Note: Please derive the equn in such a way that any one with basic understanding of PDE would easly grasp the procedure. make comment where needed. Thanks
1. Map is laid out in such a way that 1/2 inch equals 11 1/4 miles. How many miles are represented by 5.4 in? 2. If eggs cost 81 cents a dozen, how much would 2/3 dozen cost? 3. Williams sends 1/4 of his pay home each month. If his wife saves 1/3 of the amount he sends, what part of his pay is saved. 4. For the first three mo
Please use Partial Fractions to find the sum of the series below. Please show/explain each step in the solution. Thank you ∞ ∑ ________6________ n=1 (2n - 1) (2n + 1 )
1. Housing rates have rapidly increased, and you have decided to save to buy your first house. You expect to save $1500 per month at the end of each month for the next 3 years, investing these funds in a mutual fund you expect to earn 6.5% interest, compounded monthly. At the end of three years of savings, you will buy the hou
3. In two hours, Allice drove her car the same distance that Gene drove his car in 2 hours and 30 minutes. Find the speed of Gene's car given that he drove 10 mph slower than Alice drove. 4. A cruiser and a submarine leave the same port at the same time and travel eastward. The cruiser average 18 mph and the submarien 42 m
1) You are saving for the college education of your two children. One child will enter college in 5 years, while the other child will enter college in 7 years. College costs are currently $10,000 per year and are expected to grow at a rate of 5 percent per year. All college costs are paid at the beginning of the year. You assume
1) I am saving for my two children. One child will enter college in 5 years, while the other child will enter college in 7 years. College costs are currently $10,000 per year and are expected to grow at a rate of 5 percent per year. All college costs are paid at the beginning of the year. I assume that each child will be in coll
Please show me how to solve: x + 3/x = 19/x
You would like to take a cruise in six years. The cruise currently costs $4,250. You expect the price to increase by 4% annually. You can earn 5% on your savings. How much do you need to save at the end of each month so you will be able to afford your cruise in six years?
Leave the answer as improper fraction 1) 8/35-11/35+17/35 2) 4 6/7 + 2 8/11 3) 6 19/21 -(-2 1/3) 4) 7 2/7 - 4 5) 9/13 + 3 1/4 6) 3 7/12 - (15/12-9/12) 7) -3 5/9 - 2 1/7 + 4 2/3 8) 11/12+5/12 - x = 9/12 9) 4 7/8 + 1 3/5 - x = 3 39/40 evaluate 7x/15 - 2x/9=
It usually takes John 3 hours longer to do the monthly payroll than it takes Peter. They start working on it together at 9am and at 5pm, they have 85% of it done. If John took a 2-hour lunch break while Peter had no lunch, then how much longer will it take for them to finish the payroll working together?
Solve each proportion 1. 9/x = 3/2 2. The golden ratio. The ancient Greeks thought that the most pleasing shape for a rectangle was one for which the ratio of the length to the width was 8 to 5, the golden ratio. If the length of a rectangular painting is 2 ft longer than its width, then for what dimensions would the leng
3 different equivalent fractions for each. 1) 2/3 2) 5/9
Please explain the following ratios and proportions: 1) 45 cm to 1 m 2) 10xy+ 2y/4y 3)(9x-6y)/3 4)(2x*2y/4y) 5) (x+y)/(x*2-y*2) 6) (x*2+7x+12)/(x+4)
-9/7 x (-6) x 5/8 =
5/-4 - -9/7 =?
A consumer's group checked the gasoline mileage (to the nearest mile per gallon) on 25 different cars. The following gives a summary of the findings: Miles Per Gallon Frequency Less than 15 2 16-20 4 21-30
1. Solve _________ 2/x +4 = 5 2. Solve 1 1 3 ------ + ---- = ---- 2x -4 x-2 2 3. x^2 + 3x -10 x^2 - x - 2 ----------------- -:- ------------ x^2 - 2x-35 x^2 - 6x -7 4. x 3 ------
15 Problems : Rational expressions solving equations with radical exponents, Solving equations and Ratio and proportion
Solve each equation 12. 48. Solve each equation 29. 30. 37. 39. Solve each proportion 30. 47. Basketball blow out. As the final buzzer signaled the end of the basketball game, the Lions were 34 point ahead of the Tigers. If the Lions scored 5 points for every 3 scored by the tigers
5 Consumer Mathematics Problems: WACC, Repurchase of stock, Treasury bond, Stock price, Price of bonds
1) Acetate, Inc., has equity with a market value of $20 million and debt with a market value of $10 million. The cost of the debt is 14 percent per annum. Treasury bills that mature in one year yield 8 percent per annum, and the expected return on the market portfolio over the next year is 18 percent. The beta of Acetate's equit
What is the energy stored in the two springs? (See attached file for full problem description)
Girth is distance around. If volume is 35 cubic feet, when height is 20 feet and the girth is 5 feet. What is the heigth when the volume is 85.75 feet and the girth is 7 feet?