Use the data from problem 3 to randomly pick 10 days of sales. as you would in a simulation. What is the EV and standard deviation for Burger Sales? Daily Burger Sales Probability 500 0.15 700 0.25 800 0.4 1000 0.2
1. FOIL is an acronym designed to help you multiply binomials, not monomials or trinomials. Do you think that you could create an acronym (it will have more than 4 letters) to help you multiply a binomial and a trinomial? Illustrate your method by multiplying (x + 2) times (x2 â?" 3x + 4), showing all steps. 2. Take a numb
1. Customers of a phone company can choose between two service plans for long distance calls. The first plan has a $30 one time activation fee and charges 8 cents a minute. The second plan has no activation fee and charges 13 cents a minute. After how many minutes of long distance calls will the cost of the two plans be equal i
1) A ball is hit into the air. Its height, s, at time t, is given by the equation s(t)=-16t^2+74t+4. Determine the maximum height of the ball. Round to the nearest foot. _________feet 2) Solve for x: 2^5x-4=3^7x+4 Round to the nearest 0.001. x=________ 3) The population of New York City was 8 million people in the y
1) Given A=Pe^rt, with A = 455, P = 5, and r = 0.61, solve for t. Round to the nearest 0.01. t=__________ 2) Solve for r: 8(3^r+1)+4=20 Round to the nearest 0.001. r=__________ 3) Solve for x: 2^5x-4=3^7x+4 Round to the nearest 0.001. x=________ 4) Solve for x: log_7(4x-16)=3 Give an exact answer. _______
1) The spread of a virus in an isolated community is modeled by N(t)=1100/1+49e^-0.3t, where N(t) is the number of people infected after t days. a) Approximately how many people will be infected in 16 days? ___________ b) How long until 900 people have been infected? Round to the nearest day. _________days 2) Solve
1) Given A=Pe^rt, with A = 455, P = 5, and r = 0.61, solve for t. Round to the nearest 0.01. t=__________ 2) Solve for r: 8(3^r+1)+4=20 Round to the nearest 0.001. r=__________ 3) Solve for z: 2log_2(5+2z)=16 Round to the nearest 0.01. z=__________ 4) An investment offers 4.5% interest compounded continuously.
1) Find the remainder when x^3+2x^2+5 is divided by x+2. __________ 2) The spread of a virus in an isolated community is modeled by N(t)=1100/1+49e^-0.3t, where N(t) is the number of people infected after t days. a) Approximately how many people will be infected in 16 days? ___________ 3) A ball is hit into the ai
1) Given the function f(x)=sqrt(x+8), find the DOMAIN of the inverse function, f^-1(x). a) [0,â??) b) (-â??, 0] 2) Suppose that a person x inches tall sprains an ankle. An approximation for the length of a crutch (in inches) that a person might need is given by the function f(x)=19/26x+2. Find and interpret
1) Which of the following is/are TRUE about the graph of y=6e^x ? Select all that apply. a) It has a range of (6, -â??) b) It has a horizontal asymptote of y=0 c) It has both an x-intercept and a y-intercept 2) The temperature, in degrees Fahrenheit, of a cup of coffee can be expressed by T(t)=80+105e^-0.045t, where t is
What is the quadratic equation? Explain where the quadratic equation comes from. In particular, how is the quadratic equation related to the process of completing the square?
1)Find the quotient,q(x) , and the remainder,r(x) , when 5x^3-20x^2+23x-5 is divided by x^2-3x+3. q(x)= r(x)= 2)Find the remainder when x^3-3x^2-6 is divided by x-3. 3)Solve the polynomial equation x^3-2x^2+3x-6=0 given that x=2 is one solution. The SUM of all the real solutions is_______
1)Determine if the following statements are true or false: (1) If (3,0) is an x-intercept of f(x), then (x+3) is a factor of f(x). (2) If f(x) is a polynomial and f(9)=0 , then -9 is a zero of f(x). a)1 is true, 2 is false b)They are both false c)1 is false, 2 is true d)They are both true 2) Given that 3x
1) Find the quotient,q(x), and the remainder,r(x), when 3x^3+9x^2-16x-51 is divided by x^2+5x+7. q(x)= r(x)= 2) Solve: x^3-1/2x^2+4/3=11/3x^2-2/3x+4/3 The smallest zero is ________ The largest zero is _________ 3) Given that 3x-2 is a factor of 3x^3-2x^2-15x+10, select all of the following that are real solution
1) Factor completely: f(x)=x^3-3x^2-4x+12 _______________ 2) Find the remainder when x^3+2x^2+5 is divided by x-2. _______________ 3) Find an equation for a polynomial function, f(x) , of degree 3 with zeros 0, 1, -2. a) f(x)=x^3+x^2-2x b)f(x)=2x^3-3x^2+5x c)f(x)=x^3-5x^2+x d)f(x)=-2x^3+5x^2-3x
1). Find the quotient, q(x) , and remainder, r(x) , when x^6-2x^5+4x^3-x+1 is divided by x+1. a) q(x)=x^5-3x^4+3x^3+x^2-x, and r(x)=1 b) q(x)=x^5-x^4-x^3+3x^2+3x-2, and r(x)=-1 c) q(x)=x^5-3x^4+7x^3-8x^2+9, and r(x)=1 d) q(x)=x^5-x^4+3x^3+2x^2+3,and r(x)=-1 2)How do the zeros of g(x)=4x^4-2x^3+3x^2-4x-12 compare to the
Hi, I have a question about martingale with respect to Brownian motion process, and I am looking for a detailed explanation. Thank you.
Buying a Home For most people, buying a house is a great investment that can offer security in an uncertain world, but buying a house is also a commitment. Application Practice Answer the following questions. Use Equation Editor to write mathematical expressions and equations. First, save this file to your hard drive b
1) Which of the following is/are TRUE for the graph of EVERY polynomial function? It must have either a minimum or a maximum value It must be continuous It must have a y-intercept It must have at least one x-intercept 2) Which of the following are odd degree polynomials? x(x-4)^2-11 x^3+x^2-4 (x^2+2)^5+2x x^5+x^7
1) A ball is hit into the air. Its height, s, at time t, is given by the equation s(t)=-16t^2+88t+3 . Determine the maximum height of the ball. Round to the nearest foot. _____feet 2)The maximum dosage of a drug that can be given to an individual is a function of the individual's weight. The following table gives the maximum
1)A rancher is going to construct a new rectangular pen for his emu farm. If he has 2600 feet of fencing, what is the maximum area of the pen? ____ft^2 2)A farmer is fencing a rectangular pen for his sheep using the straight portion of a river as one side of the rectangle. If the farmer has 1200 feet of fencing, find the d
Please find a quadratic equation in standard form to model the data in the table. x y 3 24 4 14 5 8 6 6 7 8 y= Another problem is A ball is hit into the air. Its height in feet, s, at time t is given by the equation s(t)=-16^2+25t+4. a) Determine the height of the ball after 1 second. The height is ___ feet.
Rewrite the quadratic function y=2x^2+8x-5 in standard form by completing the square. y=_(x+_)^2-_ A quadratic function y=g(x) has x-intercepts at (2,0) and (18,0), and a leading coefficient of -5. Find the vertex of the graph of y=g(x) (__,__)
A driver makes a 126 mile trip from Phoenix to Tucson with the cruise control set at either 55 mph or 75 mph the whole way. If the trip took 2 hours, how long did the driver travel at 55 mph? ____Hours
I need help answering all these questions for MTH/ 208. Also please show your work and clearly identify the answer.
Please check the attachment. Thanks.
Use the functions r(t), q(t), and s(t) given to answer the questions below. r(t)=sqrt (6t+4) q(t)=8t-1 s(t)=3-19t What is the y-intercept of y=(r-s)(t) (0, ) Compute (sos)(2x) (sos)(2x)= Use the functions r(t), q(t), and s(t) given to answer the questions below. r(t)=sqrt(4t+36) q(t)=6t-1 s(t)=2-11t What is t
A wall is to be constructed around 3 sides of a rectangle of area 220 square yards, with a fence running the length of one side. The construction cost for the wall is $15 per linear yard, and $9 per linear yard for the fence. (a) Express the width, w of the rectangle as a function of the length, x, of the fence. w(x)= b)
A community of penguins has created a slingshot device designed to help them spot fish below the ice while airborne. Pete the penguin is lobbed from an initial height of 6 feet above the ground. Pete's trajectory is given by the equation h(x)=-0.0138x^2+0.6x+6 where h(x) is Pete's height above the ground (in feet) and x is the h
Please provide solutions. Thank you. H81 1. To complete the square on x in x2 + 6x, find one-half of , square it to get , and add to get ________________ 2. Use factoring to solve the equation. 9y2 - 576 = 0 y = (smaller value) y = (larger value) 3. Use factoring to solve the equation. 4t - 3 = t2 t
1. Complete the table. y = 3x - 6 x y -2 0 3 2. Graph the equation. 3. Find the slope of the line that passes through the given points, if possible. (If the slope is undefined, enter UNDEFINED in the answer box.) 4. Determine the slope of the line in the following graph. The slope i