1) Given A=Pe^rt, with A = 455, P = 5, and r = 0.61, solve for t. Round to the nearest 0.01.
2) Solve for r: 8(3^r+1)+4=20
Round to the nearest 0.001.
3) Solve for z: 2log_2(5+2z)=16
Round to the nearest 0.01.
4) An investment offers 4.5% interest compounded continuously. How long until the investment triples in value? Round to the nearest 0.1 year.
5) A certain city's population doubles every 8 years. If the population in 2000 is 4 million people, in what year will the population reach 85 million?
In the year_________
The balance in an account and other concepts are assessed.