** Please see the attached file for the complete problem description ** I need help of Exercise 79. Please look at attachment where I marked the question that I need help. 79. Exercise and Heart Rate The polynomial given by 1.6t^2 -28t + 200 calculates the heart rate shown in Figure 5.4(b) where t represents the elapsed t
Provide answers and step by step instructions on the problems: 1. What is the value of "y" for the given value of x and z y= x +z x=3 z=15 2. Rewrite each fraction with the Lowest Common Denominator 4/15, 2/9, 3/5 43/36 + 3/5 + ¼ 3. Order of operations evaluate the following 5 x (3-2) to the 8th
MATH133 Unit 3 - Individual Project 2 Solve algebraically. Trial and error is not an appropriate method of solution. You must show all your work. Learn how to type math roots and fractions by clicking on the link in the assignment list. Alternately, you may type 3x as cuberoot (x) and show raising to the nth power a
1) A man has a simple discount note for $6,300 at an ordinary bank discount rate of 8.72%, for 60 days. What is the effective interest rate? Round to the nearest tenth of a percent. Use the bankers rule. 2) Find the discount and proceeds on a 3,240 face value note for six months if the discount rate is 9.3%. Round to the near
I am submitting a complex set of data points that I would like someone to use, employing LaGrange Interpolation (or any other process that might be more appropriate), to give me another detailed example to use as I try to learn the process and employ it to other problems. The points are: (0,214), (0.11,2022), (0.65,1131), (1
Four different methods of solving a quadratic equation have been discussed: factoring, the square root property, completing the square, and the quadratic formula. Explain under what circumstances each method would be preferred over any of the other methods. Give an example for each circumstance.
What is the square root property and what is it used for? In what form should an equation be, in order to use the square root property? When should the square root property be used instead of factoring?
Let F be a field and let K be an algebraically closed field with F â?? K. If f â??F[x] is irreducible (i.e. if f = m * n , then one of m or n is a constant) and f has a multiple zero in K , then f â?² = 0
line passes through the point (5,1) and has a slope of 2 write an equation for this line find the equation for the line 1,-5 and -4,3 find the equation for the line -2,-1 and -3,4 write equations for the horizontal and vertical lines passing through point (-1,9) consider the line -8x-2y=-5 what is the slope of the
I am having difficulties with two practice word problems attached. Please help. Word Problems: 1. The octane rating of a gasoline is a measure of the amount of isooctane in the gas. Subaru recommends 91-octane gasoline for the 2008 Legacy 3.0 R. How much 87-octane gas and 93-octane gas should Kelsey mix in order to make 12 g
Take the current amount you have in your checking or savings account. Suppose you have a choice of keeping your money for five years in a savings account with a 2% interest rate, or in a five year certificate of deposit with and interest rate of 4.5%. Calculate how much interest you would earn with each option over five years
In 2000, the average cost of tuition and fees at public four- year colleges was $3500, and in 2005 it was $5100. The supporting information is listed below. Note that the known value for 2001 is $3700. 1.) Cost of Tuition Plot (00,162) and (5,201) to see the shape of the line Slope= (201-162)/5 = 7.8
Year 1996 1998 2000 2002 Percentage 28 36 43 51 Draw a scatter plot and find the equation of the lest square line for the given data. From the least square equation, find the percentage for year 1999.
Use Y=196x-379,400 to estimate the number of radio stations on the air in 1975 and 1985. X(Year) 1950 1960 1970 Y(Stations) 2800 4100 6800 X(Year) 1980 1990 2000 Y(Stations) 8600 10,800 12,600 What are the steps asociated with completing this problem?
A boat is cruising at a constant speed of 20 ft/sec along a course that is parallel to a straight shoreline and 100 ft from it. A spectator standing on the shore begins to videotape the boat as soon as it passes him. (See the attached diagram.) Find the rate at which the spectator must rotate his camera in order to keep the boat
The following table represents weekly sales of a product (in $1,000s). Week Sales 1 14 2 13 3 17 4 14 Forecast sales for week 5 using exponential smoothing with a smoothing constant of 0.4 . Assume the forecast for week 1 is perfect.
In an exponential smoothing model, if the smoothing constant (alpha) were equal to 0, then a. the forecast would never change. b. the forecast would be the same as the forecast for the naive model. c. the MAD would always equal 0. d. the forecast would be impossible to calculate.
In your own words, explain the process of factoring a trinomial with a leading coefficient that is not equal to one. Why is this process more difficult than when the leading coefficient is equal to one? Give an example.
1) I am trying to solve the following quadratic equations that I have been studying for a test. a) x^2+7x+10=0 b) 2x^2-3x-2=0 2) Compute the discriminant of the quadratic equation 3x^2+x+2=0, then write a brief sentence describing the number and type of solutions for this equation.
1. Solve the following quadratic equation by factoring. a) x^2 + 7x + 10 = 0 b) 2x^2 - 3x - 2 = 0 2. Compute the discriminant of the quadratic equation 3x^2+x+2=0. Briefly describe the number and type of solutions for this equation.
1. Construct a truth table for (p Λ q) → ~p. Be sure to include all intermediate steps in the table. 3. Construct a truth table for p ↔ (q V ~ p). Include all intermediate steps in the table. 4. Given p is true, q is true, and r is false, find the truth value of the statement ~q → (p V r). 5. Wr
What constitutes a rational expression? Please give an example for reference. How would you explain this concept to someone unfamiliar with it?
How can I factor the following polynomials? What is the best way to go about it? 1. 3x3 â?" 3x2â?" 3xâ?" 2x2 + 5 2. 9x4y3 + 18x3y2 + 18 x3y â?" 4x2y3 + 36x2 â?" 8xyâ?" 8xy2 â?" 16 3. 25y2x2 â?" 81z2
(1) Factor the following polynomial. Please describe every step: x4 + 6x3 7x2 32x 144 (2) Make a plot of the function f(x) = x4 + 6x3 7x2 32x 150 for values of x between -5 and 5 Can you comment on the roots of this function?
Antonio is a simple minded carpenter. He bought a shipment of external drywall panels (12 ft x 4 ft) that he wants to use for building new houses in a new development. He does not want to cut them, which means his houses will have a precise relationships between height, width, and depth. Zoning regulations require that homes sho
1. When simplifying like terms, how do you determine the like terms? 2. How do you determine the common factors in an expression? 3. What is factoring by grouping? When factoring a trinomial by grouping, why is it necessary to write the trinomial in four terms? 4. What is a common factor? Where do you use the common fac
Given, this partial equation, how do I complete it? Finding the width I used this equation - L= 2W + 2 I know my length is 10 feet. 10 = 2W + 2 10 -2 ft = 2W +2 - 2 8 = 2W 8/2 = 2W/2
Jack and Jill went up the hill and found that their grandmother had died. She left them in her will only one possession: an antique water pail. Jack and Jill must now make a fair division of the pail using the Knaster inheritance procedure. Jack bids 86 dollars for the pail and Jill bids 40 dollars. Jack gets the pail and has to
** Please see the attached file for the complete problem description ** Express each radical in simple form, rationalize denominator, and perform the indicated operation Show detailed step by step work!
Solve the problem The volume (v) of a gas varies directly as the temperature (t) and inversely as the pressure (p). If v=56 when t=308 and p=22, find v when t = 270 and p=18. A. V=62 B. V=60 C. V=63 D. V=67 E. V=61