Choose one content area and specific subject for example (Algebra, Math). Research one periodical, two trade books, two Internet sites, one software or multimedia program, and one primary source that would enhance instruction in this content area and subject. Can someone help me come find one periodical, two trade books, tw
John is purchasing a house for $100,000, seeking a mortgage loan for $80,000 or 80% loan to cost. He was offered a loan of at 6% fixed for 30 years. What will Johns monthly payment be? What is the mortgage constant? 5 years later they have a divorce. As part of the settlement they mutually agree to sell the property and pa
Please help with the following problem. Kris and Chris are purchasing a home for $100,000. they are seeking a mortgage loan for $80,000 or 80% loan to cost. The bank offered them an ARM mortgage starting at 6% for the first year, the rate adjusts every year thereafter, and is amortized using a 30 year schedule. After 1 ye
I understand that X^6 - 22X^3 + 49 = 0 is the right polynomial for which (3 + 2^(1/2))^(2/3) is a solution. What I don't understand is how to get that polynomial because I keep getting x^3 - 6x^(2/3) + 7 = 0 and I know it is wrong. It just so happens that I know the correct polynomial is X^6 - 22X^3 + 49 = 0 but I need to know
File Attached A. Solve using the five-step problem-solving process. Familiarize, Translate, Carry Out, Check, State Show all steps necessary to arrive at your solution. 1. A square support unit in a television is made with a side measuring 5 centimeters. A new model being designed for the upcoming year will have a large
1. if j, k, and t represent whole numbers, and n = 5j^2=3k^3=2t. What is the smallest possible value of n when n > 0? 2. Tex and Roy are going from Deadwood to Dodge City, but they have only one horse. They know that there are some equally spaced water holes between the towns, so they agree on this scheme: They w
1. Given that f(x) = sqrt(3x+6) and g(x) = x-4/x, find the following functions and express their domains in interval notation. a) (f+g)(x)=________, its domain is _______ b) (f/g)(x)=_______, its domain is _______ c) (g/f)(x)=_______, its domain is _______ d) (f ○ g)(x)=_______, its domain is_______ 2. Solve the f
For the systems of linear equations in questions 1-3 - Determine how many solutions exist - Use either elimination or substitution to find the solutions (if any) - Graph the two lines, labeling the x-intercepts, y-intercepts, and points of intersection 1. 4x = 8 and 5y = 15 2. 0.2x + 0.4y = 1.7 and 8.3x - 6.3y
Demand for pools. Tropical Pools sells an aboveground model for p dollars each. The monthly revenue for this model is given by the formula R(p) = -0.08 p2 + 300p. Revenue is the product of the price p and the demand (quantity sold). a) Factor out the price on the right-hand side of the formula. b) Write a formula D
1. Solve using the five-step problem solving process. Show all steps necessary to arrive at your solution. Express the answer in scientific notation to three decimal places. If the distance from the earth to the sun were 92,900,000 miles, how long would it take a rocket, traveling at 2.8×10^3 miles per hour, to reach the su
1. The mass of Earth is about 6 x 10^21 metric tons. The mass of the sun is about 1.998 x 10^27 metric tons. About how many times the mass of Earth is the mass of the sun? Express the answer in scientific notation. 2. The perimeter P of a square of side x is given by the polynomial equation: P=4x. A baseball diamond is a squ
Topic 1: Properties of Inequalities We have two variables A and X. The value of X is less than the value of A Discuss without using any specific numbers, how we can prove that the value of ( -X) is greater than the value of( -A). Do not use any numerical examples. Keep in mind that A or X could be any numerical va
Week 4 Assignment 3: Mixed Problems By Day 4 complete and submit your answers to the facilitator; please show all necessary work. By Day 5 post your answers in the appropriate thread for review and comments from others. For the questions 1-7, simplify the following algebraic expressions: 1. (4 points) 2. (2 po
Please find the least squares solution of linear system Ax=b, and find the orthogonal projection of b onto the column space of A. I) Matrix 3*2 A=[1 1;-1 1;-1 2] , b=[7;0;7] II) A=[2 0 -1;1 -2 2;2 -1 0;0 1 -1] , b=[0;6;0;6] Answers: I) x1=5, x2=1/2, [11/2;-9/2;-4] II) x1=14, x2=30, x3=26; [2;6;-2;4] Find the ortho
1. t-5x=4x 2. -x/5 + y/2 =1 Please show all steps to get to answer.
1.Solve using the five-step problem-solving process. Show all steps necessary to arrive at your solution. The sum of the page numbers on the facing pages of a book is 285. Find the larger page number. 2. Solve using the five-step problem-solving process. Show all steps necessary to arrive at your solution. The second an
1. Solve the problem. The amount of gas that a helicopter uses is directly proportional to the number of hours spent flying. The helicopter flies for 2 hours and uses 28 gallons of fuel. Find the number of gallons of fuel that the helicopter uses to fly for 3 hours. A) 42 gallons B) 6 gallons C) 45 gallons D) 56 gallo
Find the prime factorization of this number. 72 Factor out the greatest common factor. b^3 - 52b^2 Factor this expression. (q + r)c + (q + r)d Factor this expression. 6(c - d) - a(c - d) Factor this expression completely. You may have to rearrange some terms first. ar^2 - 70brs + 10ars - 7br^2 Facto
Solutions as soon as you can... Thanks. Find the prime factorization of this number. 72 2. Question Details Notes Question: GFBAlg8 5.1.040. Question part 1 Factor out the greatest common factor. b3 - 52b2 Factor this expression. (q + r)c + (q + r)d Factor this expression. 6(c - d) - a(c - d)
57 An equation of the form ax2 + bx + c, where a 0, is called a equation. Solve the equation. (x - 1)(x - 3) = 0 x = (smaller value) x = (larger value) Solve the equation. x2 + 38x = 0 x = (smaller value) x = (larger value) Solve the equation. x2 - 23x = 0 x = (smaller value) x =
#54 Factor the trinomial. 7y2 - 8y + 1 Factor the trinomial. 3c2 - 16c - 64 Factor the trinomial. 2m2 + 14m - 88 Factor the trinomial. 16x2 - 14x + 3 Factor the trinomial. 15b2 - 34bc + 15c2 Write the terms of the trinomial in descending powers of one variable. 16 - 56b + 49
Solve the egg problem used to illustrate the Chinese Remainder Theorem if the remainders on division by 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 are all 1 by (i) the given procedure (ii) the "easier" way (i) the given procedure X=1(Mod2) X=1(Mod3) X=1(Mod4) X=1(Mod5) X=1(Mod6) X=1(Mod7) If and and then . We will use this r
Logarithmic, graphs, word problems: Exponential and logarithmic functions Common and natural logarithms Solving exponential and logarithmic equations Applications of exponential and logarithmic functions (Please see attachment)
1. Evaluate the exponential equation for three positive values of x, three negative values of x, and at x=0. Transform the second expression into the equivalent logarithmic equation; and evaluate the logarithmic equation for three values of x that are greater than 1, three values of x that are between 0 and 1, and at x=1. Show y
Week 8: Diagnostic for Baseline Projects 15, 16 and 17 Math Skill Diagnostic Baseline Project 15 - The Behavior of Astronomical Masses 1.Express each of the following using scientific notation 2.Solve for x in each of the following. 3.In words, write out the steps necessary to solve for x in each of the following equatio
1)Richard's GPA is 3.7, and he made the following statement recently, "I have earned 110 credits from my college, and I earned at least an A- in each case." An A is equivalent to 4.0 and an A- is equivalent to 3.67. How many of the credits were A, and how many of the credits were A-? (To earn full credit, you need to formulat
How to find the domain and range of a quadratic function and determine when it will take real values? Proofs for mathematical induction problems. How to solve any problem by the principle of mathematical induction?
1) Prove that in the equation x^2 - 3xy +2y^2 - 2x - 3y - 35 = 0, for every real value of y there is a real value of x, and for every real value of x there is a real value of y. 2) Use the Principle of Mathematical Induction to prove: a) For every positive integer n, 4^(2n + 1) + 3^(n+2) is a multiple of 13. b) 3^n > n^2 fo
Applied Math Skill Check Bases and Exponents 1. Structural Analysis - the equation used to find the cross-sectional area of a cylindrical column (area of a circle): Answer: Show your work: 2. Physics - The equation used to find the amount of centripetal force on a mass moving in a circle:
Question 1 10 points Save Multiply: a) ( x - 15)( x + 21). b) (W - 8 )( W + 8 ) [ Hint: for a), see page 287 and for b) see example 23 on page 292 ] a. a) X2 + 6X + 315. b) (W2 - 16 ) b. a) X2 - 6X - 315. b) (W2 - 64 ) c.
1. Determine the x- and y-intercepts of the given equation. Show your work. Then plot the intercepts, and graph the line. -5x + y = 0 2. Determine the x- and y-intercepts (if any) of the given equation. Show your work. Then plot the intercepts, and graph the line 7x + 56y = 0 3. Select the line that has the given slope
Algebra Homework Help 5: To show your work, you will need to include the algebra used to compute the solution to any equations.
1. The following graph shows how a 4-color web printing press depreciates from the year 2006 to the year 2010. It was purchased new in the year 2006; therefore x = 0 represents the year 2006. X - axis (horizontal) = years starting from 0 = 2006 and increasing by 0.5 years Y - axis (vertical) = price in $ amounts a) List