see attachment What type of competitive environment does ElectronicCity face? Why do you say so? What can you say about the management style of the VP of Marketing in the case? Is it appropriate? Why, or why not?
BrainMass Solutions Available for Instant Download
1. One of the challenges that PayPal faces now that it has managed to overcome the polylingual obstacles is finding the best way to put this functionality in the hands of the business, so that they do not have to go through IT each time. How do you balance this need for responsiveness and flexibility versus IT's need to keep so
Porter and a team of researchers In 1990, attempted to determine why some nations succeed and others fail in international competition. The task was to explain why a nation achieves international success in a particular industry, such as Japan in the automobile industry and Germany in the chemical industry. Porter theorizes that
Research a well-known multinational company or a multinational organisation that you know well and propose an appropriate reward and pay strategy that you believe would best motivate employees to meet the overall organisational strategy and objectives. Your Final Project will: 1. Assess the organisation in terms of its o
How does the Honda Corporation create and sustains its competitive advantage(s). Questions to guide the response: What is Honda's competitive advantage? How does Honda utilize its competitive advantage? What kind of market is Honda in (new, growth, mature, declining) and what strategies is it using to compete therein?
What industry meets the conditions of a perfectly competitive industry and how the individual firms would respond to an increase in the market demand for the product.
What is a competitive edge? How might a small company gain a competitive edge? Should a small business owner always purchase the products with the lowest prices? Why or why not? Support with material from an outside source or personal experience.
1) Describe the term strategy and explain why it is important in business. 2) What are the five stages of the process of crafting and executing a strategy? Briefly describe each one. 3) What are the five generic competitive strategies? Briefly describe each one and identify the type of competitive advantage that each strategy
What effect should each of the following have on the demand for gasoline in a competitive market? State what happens to demand. Explain your reasoning in each case and relate it to a demand determinant. (a) an increase in the number of cars (b) the economy moves into a recession (c) an increase in the price of car ins
What is a competitive advantage? Why is it important for a small business to establish one?
Determine George and Mary's taxable income for 2011 if George has $65,000 of salary income and Mary has $45,000 of salary income and they file a joint tax return. They have two dependent children and $20,000 of itemized deductions. 1. Refer to the information above. Determine George and Mary's income tax liability for 2011.
1. Discuss how Dell has become the global market leader in PCs. 2. Discuss whether or not Dell's strategy can be supported over time, thus providing a sustained competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Need help answering the following questions. 1. Explain how and why companies can create a competitive advantage through its work force. 2. What factors of good management could be applied to establish this competitive advantage? Research has shown that first time managers are prone to make similar mistakes in their
What competitive strategy are the credit card companies pursuing? How do information systems support that strategy? What are the business benefits of analyzing customer purchase data and constructing behavioral profiles? Are these practices by credit card companies ethical? Are they an invasion of privacy? Why or Why not?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of simulation modeling? Be specific and provide work-related examples to illustrate your points.
Watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v8sSv_oS28&feature=related Many organizations exist to gain and to maintain a competitive advantage in their respective market(s). How can diversity help a company with a competitive advantage? Discuss an organization with which you are familiar in regard to diversity and comp
Discuss the various factors that influence a company's competitive strategies and compensation practices. Assess how a company can mitigate these factors using effective compensation practices.
refer to attachment one Visit the official company website of Southwest Airlines Step One: Differentiation Strategies If a company positions itself as offering a product or service that is different from its competitors in a way that customers value, it is following a differentiation strategy. Quality Strategy.
refer to attachment one Visit the official company website of Southwest Airlines Step One: Determine the economic value of Southwest Airlines. This may involve some assumptions as to the cost of capital; just be clear as to the assumptions you are making. Step Two: Using the sources you identified in the attachment
All organizations compete for the primary advantage which is the key element to the success of any business and that is customer sustainability. Social networking sites provide a highly functional platform that places competing organizations at the pinnacle of the most competitive markets thus allowing customers to choose which products or services are beneficial to the average consumer's household. Social networking sites such as; Facebook, and Twitter enables organizations to communicate with their customers about the latest trends, technological upgrades, and a plethora of other services that accurately displays an organizations core competencies and what they have to offer. Customer loyalty is directly correlated to competitive advantage in terms of the organizations commitment to elevate their standards and produce high quality products; a consumers commitment to make purchases to the organization with the most persuasive message in brand messaging; and the organizations strategic positioning online and offline to obtain the traffic required to meet the desired outcome.
In today's economic climate consumers are now more than ever inclined to cut back on spending on frivolous materials and have developed the philosophy that if the consumer does not absolutely need the item than he or she will not purchase the item. Consumers are more timid about spending as a result of economic uncertainty, whi
1. Corporate social policy should be designed and articulated during which phase of strategy development? implementation formulation evaluation control management 2. The trends in newspaper circulation in the United States provide support for which of the following statements? Sustainable c
What role does financial planning play for a competitive firm?
What would you say to a friend who wanted to start a click-only business in the highly competitive sector of the market, such as resale of used text books? Please include references
Employees represented by a union are paid approximately 30% more (in terms of pay and benefit costs) versus those employees not represented by a union. Discuss how an organization whose employees are represented by a union can remain competitive against an organization whose employees are not represented by a union, especially w
Discuss the number and types of forces external to a business organization that influence strategic business planning. Locate a company in the news (a current newspaper, periodical or online news publication) and explain how it is trying to create value and competitive advantage.
1. What is a strategic business plan? Why is this plan important to an organization's long-term success? What role does innovation play in developing a strategic business plan? 2. What are the components that comprise a sustainable competitive advantage for a firm? How might these components vary for different industries?
Scenario: The demand for cell phones is growing rapidly throughout the world. This has resulted in the emergence and growth of many supporting business opportunities such as cell phone accessories, ring tones, integrated services, and pre-paid cell phones. Although the United States has a high propensity of usage, the industr
Describe the factors that influence a firm's competitive strategies
1. What is the difference between absolute advantage and comparative advantage? What products/services does you workplace specialize in? What comparative advantages does your workplace have? 2. www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/gas1.xls That web page lists historical prices, in US$, of gasoline and other sources of ener
1. Identify a multinational business enterprise that you feel engages in transnational strategy, tell why you feel it does so, and give an example of how it does this. 2. Why is developing transnational knowledge important? What is a global mindset? Provide examples. 3. How might an organization's development of transnatio