1. Although opinion polls have long found that about 40% of American adults say they attend religious services last week, this is almost certainly not true. a. Why might we expect answers to a poll to overstate true church attendance? b. You suspect strongly that the true percentage attending church in any given week is less
I am writing a report for class and I need to understand what statistical procedure was used. The article does not give the beginning number but they do say 15 melanoma patients enrolled in the study failed to show sustained improvement from the modified immune cells. Twelve of those patients have died, and the other three are
The sales manager of your company wishes to evaluate the performance of the company's sales representatives.
See attached files for full problem description. The sales manager of your company wishes to evaluate the performance of the company's sales representatives. Each sales representative is solely responsible for one sales territory. You and the manager believe that sales performance substantially depends on the above collecte
When you have the equation Ho : P > Po What is P or Po what you are solving for or z?
1. The owner of the Kate and Edith Cake Company state that the average number of buns sold daily was 1,500. A worker in the store wants to test the accuracy of the boss's statement. A random sample of 36 days showed that the average daily sales were 1,450 buns. Using a level of significance of .01 and assuming that the standa
1. Discuss an example where you would use a test of hypothesis for in your professional life, personal life, education or politics. Provide sufficient details so that the context is clear and also discuss if the example involves: population mean or proportion large sample or small sample one or two populations descrip
Test the claim that the samples come from populations with the same mean. Assume that the populations are normally distributed with the same variance. Given the sample data in the attachment, test the claim that the populations have the same mean. Use a significance level of 0.05. Find the test statistic F. Use three dec
1. _____ is a procedure for deriving a mathematical relationship, in the form of an equation between a single metric dependent variable and a single metric independent variable. a. chi-square b. part correlation c. multiple regression d. bivariate regression 2. _______ are hypothesis testing procedures that assume
A study regarding the relationship between age and the amount of pressure sales personnel feel in relation to their jobs revealed the attached sample information. At the .01 significance level, is there a relationship between job pressure and age?
Your firm is located in a 10-story building. Each floor has its own Xerox machine in a copy room. The firm owns these machines but must pay for paper, toner, and occasional maintenance. Each employee has a key that opens the copy room door on his or her floor only and does not have access to Xerox machines on other floors. B
1. A polling organization conducted a study to test the claim at the 0.01 significance level, that the "refuse to respond the surveys" proportions are the same for the male and female college students. Among 134 randomly selected students, 9.3% refused to respond on a survey on cheating while among 154 male college students, 14.
Ear coning is a simple and safe way to remove excess wax and toxins from the inside of your ear. Ear coning is more comfortable and less invasive than conventional ear cleaning. The benefits have been documented through case histories by qualified practitioners. The benefits include improved hearing, visions, taste, smell, ba
In each of the following studies a single sample's mean is being compared to a population with a known mean and an unknown variance. For each study decide whether the result is significant. Sample Size Population Mean Estimated Pop. Variance Sample Mean Tai
In the following exercises we consider using a random sample of 100 measurements to test null hypothesis: u=80 versus alternative hypothesis: u>80 8.16 If mean x =85 and standard deviation =20, calculate the value of the test statistic z. 8.18 Use a rejection point to test null hypothesis versus alternate hypothesis
1. Is there a statistically significant difference between standard deviations of blood polyphenol level change in the red and white wine groups in Exercise 17.7? DATA Observational studies suggest that moderate use of alcohol reduces heart attacks, and that red wine may have special benefits. One reason may be that red
The table below lists deaths in Georgia in 2004, the estimated population of Georgia in 1994 and the U.S. population according to the 2000 census. Calculations should be done by hand, but feel free to use software to check your work. age deaths Est. Georgia population U.S. population 0-4 1,368 679,064 19,175,798 5-9 94 622
See attached file. Please, post question and answer in your feedback. Thanks!
1. Two groups of 15 plants were grown under the same controlled conditions, but each group was treated with a different fertilizer. The results for the differences in plant size are: Ed =314, Ed^2=26513.38. At a 2% significance level, is there a significant difference between the fertilizers? 2. A sample of 94 students at a c
1. A sample of seed packets was selected, and their weights in grams were recorded as follows: 15.1, 15.6, 15.8, 15.1, 15.5, 15.9, 15.5, 15.2. Determine a 90% confidence interval for the mean weight of seeds in all packets. 2. A manufacturer of passenger car tires claims that the lifetime of its tires is at least 30,000 mil
Estimation of regression coefficients, Durbin Watson Statistic, Serial correlation in Ordinary least square estimation
OLS estimates and coefficients. See attached file for full problem description. I need help solving question #2. Please provide me with detailed explanations for #2.
1. The national AIDS Behavioral Surveys (example 18.1) also interviewed a sample of adults in the cities where AIDS is most common. This sample included 803 heterosexuals who reported having more than one sexual partner in the past year. We can consider this an SRS of size 803 from the population of all heterosexuals in high-ri
See attached file for full problem description. --- 4. Cancer of the colon and rectum is less common in the Mediterranean region than in other Western countries. The Mediterranean diet contains little animal fat and lots of olive oil. Italian researchers compared 1953 patients with colon or rectal cancer with a control group
1. Mitchell Electronics produces a home video game that is very popular with children. Mitchell's managers believe that Wright Televideo Company is considering entering the market with a competing product. Mitchell must decide whether to set a high price to accomodate entry or a low, entry detering price. The payoff matrix below
Raising chickens in commercial chicken farms is a growing industry, as there is a shift from red meat to more white meat. New Jersey Red Chickens are a favorite chicken and the Feed is Us company has a new chicken food that they claim is excellent for increasing weight and naturally it costs more. You have heard this line bef
A study of postoperative pain relief is conducted to determine if drug A has a significantly longer duration of pain relief than drug B. Observations of the hours of pain relief are recorded for 55 patients given drug A and 58 patients given drug B. The summary statistics are
Find the critical value Chi squared R corresponding to a sample size of 3 and a confidence level of 95 percent.
Find the critical value za/2 which corresponds to a degree of confidence of 98%.
1. What value is business research and hypothesis testing to a company? Start by defining business research and the steps in hypothesis testing. Then explain the value of business research and hypothesis testing using your organization as an example. 2. What is the "perfect" standard normal distribution? Explain your answer
A citrus company is interested in evaluating the performance of two orange juice extractors, A and B. It is believed that both the size and the variety of the fruit yield in the test may influence the yields (percentage juice by weight) obtained from the extractor. Two verities of oranges, Valencia and Navel, in large and smal
300 word hypothesis summary on The feasibility of hiring more employees when production increases instead of offering overtime pay to existing employees. This is not an assignmrnt i'm trying to understand how do I do an hypothesis on summary.