A car speeds up from 10.5 m/s to 25.1 m/s in 3 minutes 12 seconds. a. What is the acceleration of the car? b. How far does the car travel in that time?
A 4.9-N hammer head is stopped from an initial downward velocity of 3.2 m/s in a distance of 0.45 cm by a nail in a pine board. In addition to its weight, there is a 15-N downward force on the hammer head applied by the person using the hammer. Assume that the acceleration of the hammer head is constant while it is in contact wi
(See attached file for full problem description with diagram and equations) --- The acceleration of a block of mass that is pulled up a frictionless plane inclined at angle with respect to the horizontal by a perfect string that passes over a perfect pulley to a block of mass that is hanging vertically. Visualize th
At the instant the traffic light turns green, a car that has been waiting at an intersection starts ahead with a constant acceleration of 3.20m/s^2. At the same instant a truck, traveling with a constant speed of 20.0m/s, overtakes and passes the car. Answer these questions: 1) How far beyond its starting point does the car overtake the truck? 2) How fast is the car traveling when it overtakes the truck? 3) Sketch an x-t graph of the motion of both vehicles. Take x=0 at the intersection. 4) Sketch a v-t graph of the motion of both vehicles.
At the instant the traffic light turns green, a car that has been waiting at an intersection starts ahead with a constant acceleration of 3.20m/s^2. At the same instant a truck, traveling with a constant speed of 20.0m/s, overtakes and passes the car. Answer these questions: 1) How far beyond its starting point does the
Location A is 4 m to the LEFT of a point charge of 0.3 μC. Location B lies on the same line and is to the RIGHT of the charge. The potential difference VB - VA = 100 V. How far is Location B from the point charge? A uniform electric field has a magnitude of 2 x 103 N/C. In a vacuum, a proton begins with a speed of 4 x 1
1. A truck initially traveling at 30 mph decelerates at 4 ft/s^2. Find (a) how long it takes to stop, (b) how far it moves in that time, and (c) how far the truck moves in the third second after the brakes are applied. 2. A boy throws a ball straight up from the top edge of a 50-ft building with a speed of 20 ft/s. How lon
Problem 1 : Here is a cup with two holes (see attachment). The cup is filled with water to the top and the water is coming out of the holes. Assuming suitable values for heights, radius's etc. please answer the following questions : 1) Velocity with which the stream of water comes out. 2) Acceleration of the stream of w
Please answer each question with step by step solution please. Thanks! 1) A high speed sander has a disk of 9.11 cm in radius that rotates about its axis at a constant rate of 1170 rev/min. Find the angular speed of the disk in rad/sec. 2) Find the linear speed of a point 0.902cm from the disks center in m/s. 3) Find
A rocket accelerates upward from the ground at 25m.s-2 for 2.5s at an angle of 80o to the horizontal. The rocket motor stops and it eventually falls to the ground. Neglecting air resistance and assuming that the trajectory during acceleration is a straight line. a. Make a labeled sketch of the rockets trajectory starting f
See the attached file for the full problem description. Two basketball players are essentially equal in all respects (they are the same height, they jump with the same initial velocity, etc...). In particular, by jumping they can raise their centers of mass the same vertical distance, H (called their "vertical leap"). T
A motorcycle is following a car that is traveling at constant speed on a straight highway. Initially, the car and the motorcycle are both traveling at the same speed of 42.0 mph, and the distance between them is 60.0 m. After = 5.00 s, the motorcycle starts to accelerate at a rate of 8.00 m/s2. The motorcycle catches up with th
A teacher, 2.256 m tall, throws a basketball towards the hoop which is at a horizontal distance l. The basketball is thrown from the level of the teachers head or again 2.256 m at a velocity of 18 m/s, at an angle of 62 degrees from the horizontal. The height of the hoop 3.048 m. 1) Neglecting air friction, how long does
Please help with 14, 15 and 16 with step by step solutions showing equations used and answers. answer 14 not 16.1cm, answer 15 not 8.123 m/s, answer 16 not 19.6 m/s^2. (See attached file for full problem description)
A 40kg bucket is being lifted by a rope. The rope is guaranteed not to break if the tension is 500N or less. The bucket, started from rest, after being lifted for 3m, it is moving at 3m/s. Assuming that the acceleration is constant, is the rope in danger of breaking? Justify your answer by including the tension in the rope.
Two cars are traveling along a straight line in the same direction, the lead car at 25.3 m/s and the other car at 29.3 m/s. At the moment the cars are 38.9 m apart, the lead driver applies the brakes, causing her car to have an acceleration of -1.93m/s^2. Therefore, it travels 166 meters in this time and takes 13.1 to stop. Q
1) If the complex number 5+2i is expressed in the exponential form Ae^io, determine the values of A and O. a)3.3754, 32.70 b)4.6483, 27.50 c)5.3852, 21.80 d)6.6722, 15.55 2) A harmonic motion has an amplitude of 0.05m and a frequency of 10Hz. Determine the maximum velocity. a)1.571m/s b)3.142m/s c)4.672m/s d)
1. What is the acceleration of a 20kg sled as it is pulled across the ground with an applied force of 50N? The force of friction working against the sleds motion is 30N. 2. A railroad deisel engine coasting at 10km/h runs into a stationary flatcar. The deisel weighs 4 times as much as the flatcar. Assuming the cars couple tog
A car starts from rest and moves along a straight line with an acceleration of a = (3s^(-1/3)) m/s^2, where s is in meters. Determine the car's acceleration when t = 4s.
1. What is the acceleration of a rock at the top of its trajectory when thrown straight upward? Explain whether or not the answer is zero by using the equation a=F/m as a guide. 2. What is the acceleration of a sky diver when air resistance is half the weight of the sky diver?
A pulley has an initial angular speed of 12.5 rad/s and a constant angular acceleration of 3.41 rad/s squared. Through what angle does the pulley turn in 5.26 s?
A 587 kg roller coaster car (includes mass of occupants) are passing through a vertical loop. The speed of the car at the top of the loop is 15.4 m/s. What radius of curvature (in meters) must the loop have at its very top in order for the occupants to experience a normal force which is 1/3 their weight? Two students sitting
A solid disk and ring of the same mass and radius start from rest at the top of an incline. both of them start from the same vertical height of 0.5m and roll down an incline. Which of these reach the bottom first? Give reason. Find the speed of the disk when it reaches the bottom of the incline.
A simple 2.05 m long pendulum oscillates. The acceleration of gravity is 9.8 m/s2. How many complete oscillation does this pendulum make in 5.72 min?
You need to know the height of a tower, but darkness obscures the ceiling. You note that a pendulum extending from the ceiling almost touches the floor and that its period is 12s. The acceleration of gravity is 9.81 m/s2. How tall is the tower in units of m?
A bullet of a mass of 20 grams leaves the barrel of a rifle with a velocity of 700m/s. The length of the barrel is 60 cm. a. What is the average acceleration of the bullet as it travels the length of the barrel. b. Find the average force on the bullet as it travels inside the barrel. c. Suppose the rifle is 1m above the surfa
A 80kg crate is pulled up a frictionless incline of 30 degrees by a rope with an acceleration of 1.5 ms^2. If the rope is parallel to the incline, what is the tension in the rope, assume g = 9.8 ms^2?
A car traveling at 20 ms is brought to a halt by applying the brakes in 4sec. What is the magnitude of acceleration of the car?
On my last test, there is a question: an object with a mass of 5kg is acted upon by 4 separate forces that each have a magnitude of 10N. I understand that there could be different resulting accelerations of the object but i don't understand why or how which is why i got this answer wrong. In fact, i was totally lost. What are th
3) A batter swings and hits a fly ball in baseball, giving it an initial velocity of 35 m/s at an angle of 40 degrees from the horizontal. The ball is impacted at 1 meter above the ground. The baseball undergoes a parabolic path that is set to just clear a 3 meter fence in center field. The center fielder, 27 meters away from th
46) A furniture crate of mass 60.8 kg is at rest on a loading ramp that makes an angle of 25.8 degrees with the horizontal. The coefficient of kinetic friction between the ramp and the crate is .272. What force, (in Newtons) applied parallel to the ramp, is required to push the crate up the incline at a constant speed? 47) A