Given the major housing boom that contributed to economic growth in the US from 2003 through 2008, some of the revenues that local governments received were from development impact fees. Development impact fees are charges imposed on a developer to offset the additional costs of the new development that is imposed on society. Ne
Is government intervention needed for our economy to run well? Why or why not?
Discuss causes for shifts in supply and shifts in demand for gasoline. Discuss events that might lead to a disequilibrium in the market for gasoline.
1. One of the major issues in macroeconomics is disagreement in the debate over policy activism versus policy rules. What exactly is that disagreement? Any implications? 2. The Japanese economy has been in and out of a recession for the past 22 years. Since 1989 the value of their main stock market index N 225 has declined b
Do larger Cities offer more employment opportunities than small towns of rural areas?
1) Table 18.11 gives abbreviated balance sheets and income statements for Este Lauder Companies. Calculate the following ratios: a. Return on assets. b. Operating profit margin. c. Sales- to- assets ratio. d. Inventory turnover. e. Debt-equity ratio. f. Current ratio. g. Quick ratio 2) Look again at Table 18.1
As seen during the financial crisis of the 1930s and in recent history, markets are globally interconnected. Aside from financial markets, different countries have different resources. Choose a country other than the country in which you currently reside which has not already been selected by another student, and research the EI
I need help to analyze and compare Current ratio, Quick Ratio, Debt/equity ratio and Liab/equity ratio only.
I need help with identifying five realistic and important factors that will contribute to a successful U.S. economic recovery (e.g. solid growth and job creation) over the next five years. The factors can be for instance: global, social, political but they must make a difference within five years. The analysis should also includ
I need a description of how the European Union got into its current economic problems (e.g. the bailout and others). How did they get into these problems, how serious are the problems and how will they realistically solve their problems. Also how will their problems affect the United States and the Global Economy. This should be
Need assistance with the 1 d , Question 2 , 4 and 5. 1. Don't answer this part [[Define scarcity and Opportunity cost. (a) Scarcity is the fundamental economic problem of having seemingly unlimited human needs and wants, in a world of limited resources. Resources are scarce we must decide what we want to consume and what we
One method commonly used by both governments and private health insurers to control the growth in private health insurers to control the growth in health care spending are limits to reimbursement to providers. How can these limits to reimbursement be viewed as the exercise of monopsony power? To prevent health care providers for
Macro-economic choices, particularly in the areas of fiscal policy, are not just about economics but about deeply social goals and values as well. This Case asks you to think about some of these dimensions. The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) prepares reports for congress. It is a non-partisan office. For this Case, ple
1. Which of the following theories of expectations holds that individuals usa all information available in forming expectations? Rational expectations theory Certainty equivalent theory Expected value analysis Adaptive expectations theory 2. The only school of economics that could be construed as advocating big governme
Please use the attached scenario and help me answer the three questions below. Identify the marginal revenue and marginal cost for each additional car that pays to use the bank's parking lot Explain why the bank is able to set the fees as high as they are Contrast the current fee with the likely fees if there was ample,
Answer the following question. Why did some Americans lose faith in the banking system before the Federal Reserve System was in place? Include the following in your response. a) Explain the three primary roles of the 12 Federal Reserve Banks. b) Why is the Federal Reserve referred to as the banker's bank? c) Describe th
Please explain in detail the listed questions to give me a full understanding. 1. Why do economists include only the final goods in measuring GDP for a particular year? Why dont they include the value of stocks and bonds sold? Why dont they include thr vale of used furniture bought and sold? 2. What are the four supply
Discuss the importance of productivity in an economy. Explain how education, research and development, and technology affect productivity.
1. What is the present state of the economy (e.g., GNP, per capita income, rate of economic growth, etc.)? 2. How much debt does your country have? 3. How does the economy (particularly the economic growth rate) today compare to 20 or 30 years ago? 4. What are the dominant industries and or corporations, and who cont
This only a discussion on Growth Theory. Take a stand and explain your side. Although economists speak as if economic growth is necessarily a good thing, many question the sustainability and even the morality of ever increasing economic growth. Certainly we can nod to the idea that economic growth needs to keep up with popu
Monetary policy is defined and exemplified.
Question 1 The labor force consists of Answer those employed plus those on temporary layoff. Those employed plus those unemployed. The working-age population minus those who are in the military or institutionalized. The working-age population plus those who are in the military or institutionalized. Qu
Please explain in detail.
Please explain each questions and how you came to the conclusion of your answers.
Can you assist me with understanding how to respond to these questions Global Microeconomics 1. Does microeconomics apply to every country in the world_ why? or why not? Describe the specifics of any cases/examples you use and the implications of same on local citizens of that country. Impact on China on Global Microeco
In terms of expansionary or contractionary policies, which do policy do you see more in line with the politics of the Democratic Party?
Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke finally admitted that the Fed has been printing more new currency over the past few months to help stimulate the economy and more recently noted the economy may not yet be out of the woods, as some of us may already have concluded.. But, what about the money? I think we touched a bit on this subject i
Suppose an economy is going through a Recession -what type of Monetary Policy needs to be implemented by the Federal Reserve? How do we define Monetary Policy?
(1) Suppose an economy is going through a Recession -what type of Monetary Policy needs to be implemented by the Federal Reserve? How do we define Monetary Policy? (2) What is the History of the Federal Reserve system and what are the THREE tools the FED has at its disposal to manipulate or change the Money Supply and inter
B. As a portfolio manager whose firm has investments in a country with a high level of debt what would you do to increase your firms profit and/or protect their interest if: Experts have recommended to the country that it exchange rate should be pegged at the equilibrium level. And, the foreign exchange reserves of the count
Macroeconomics Essay Questions. Response Need Immediately. I am trying to write a 3-4 page essay, and would like help with the following questions: What phase of the business cycle is the United States currently in? Describe in detail. What is the latest GDP (both real and nominal) of the US? How has the GDP changed since