4. Aluminum hydroxide, Al(OH)3, is a gelatinous, insoluble material (Ksp = 1.3 X 10 negative 33rd). If you add 1.65 x 10 negative 6th mol of AlCl3 to ten ml of water that has a pH of 9.5, will an aluminum hydroxide precipitate form? If one does form, approximately how many grams will form? Molar mass of Al(OH)3 = 78.00 g/mol.
Question: Compute the molarity of 15.0 ml of a nitric acid solution that required 35.9 ml of 0.0480 M KOH for complete neutralization.
Concetration, molarity, mole, volume, limiting reagent, % yield, theoretical yield and actual yield.
What is the pH of a 0.0200 M solution of H2SO4? For HSO4-, Ka = 1.2*10^-2
What is the pH of a solution made from 400.0 mL of 0.0250 M HCl and an equimolar amount of 0.100 M pyridine (a nitrogen base with Kb = 1.4 * 10 ^-9)?
What is the pH of a solution made from 50.0 mL of 0.20 M NaOH with 100.0 mL of 0.10 M NH4Cl. Kb for ammonia = 1.8* 10 ^-5
Several years ago people who were taking supplements of tryptophan (an essential amino acid that we must take in our food for normal growth and maintenance of a healthy body; without it we could not live) started becoming very ill. Some individuals suggested that tryptophan was what was causing the disease. For most amino acid
1 How many grams of oxygen are required to fill a 4.5 x 103 liter hyperbaric chamber at a pressure of 225 cm Hg and 62 F? If the same quantity of oxygen, was pumped back into a gas cylinder at a pressure of 200 atm and at 75 F, what would the volume be? 2 Any number of green plants can photosynthesize glucose (C6H12O
Predict whether aqueous solutions of each of the following salts are acidic, neutral, or basic: Potassium iodide Potassium hydrogen phosphate Are these two kind of similar? I thought that potassium did not react with water. or does it form KOH and then would always be the strongest because OH is the strongest base?
Predict whether aqueous solutions of each of the following salts are acidic, neutral, or basic. Sodium hydrogen carbonate In class we just learned to look on the table and see if one was a weak acid or strong base, then decide what the solution would be. However, I can't find some of them on the table so then I believe
Predict whether the aqueous solution of the following salt is acidic, neutral, or basic: Potassium hydrogen phosphate
Please show me how to solve this problem, step by step. 0.50 molar solutions of the following weak acids HOCL and NaOCL are available. What volume in mL of a 1.00 molar NaOH solution should be added to 1.00 L of the above acid solution to create a buffer with a pH of 7.16? Ka = 3.5 x 10-8, Pka = 7.46
I just need some help to get started on designing an experiment for a quantitative colorimetric iron assay. We're allowed to use the following items: deionized water 0.02 M feCl3 1,10-phenanthroline ferrozine filter paper test tubes and test tube racks volumetric flasks HCl NaOH digested soil samples undigested s
Vinegar is a 5% acid solution, CH3COOH, by mass. What is the molarity of vinegar? Assume that the density of vinegar is 1.00 g/mL.
You have a 0.1 M aqueous solution of NH3 to which you add an equal volume of 0.1 M AgNO3. The Kb is 1.80 x 10-5 and the K formation for [Ag(NH3)2]+ is 1.69 x 10 to the 7th. What is the pH of the original NH3 solution and what is the pH after the addition of AgNO3?
Magnesium hydroxide has a Ksp of 1.8 x 10-11. At what pH will the magnesium from a 0.018 M solution of magnesium nitrate precipitate? In addition, if you take 0.1 mole of Mg(OH)2 and place it in a 100 ml solution of 1.00 x 10-4 M NaF, will MgF2 (Ksp = 6.5 x 10-8) form and if it does how much will form? Ka = 3.53 x 10-4 for HF
What gas is producedd when you add baking soda to soft drinks like: 7Up, Sprite, Orange, Dr. Pepper and Coke? Why does Dr. Pepper produce the most gas? Why does 7Up produce the least gas?
1. What is the solubility (in M) of PbCl2 in a 0.15 M solution of HCl? (Ksp PbCl2 = 1.6 x 10-5) a. 7.1 x 10-4 b. 1.1 x 10-4 c. 2.0 x 10-3 d. 1.8 x 10-4 e. 1.6 x 10-5 2. In which aqueous system is PbI2 least soluble? a. H2
1. Given the following table of Ksp values, determine which compound listed has the smallest solubility. compound Ksp CdCO3 5.2 x 10-12 Cd(OH)2 2.5 x 10-14 AgI 8.3 x 10-17
1) This is the scenario: there are six prepared solutions, but the labels are not on the bottles. What are the the solutions in the bottle. The six possible solutions are silver nitrate, barium chloride, copper (II) nitrate, copper(II) sulfate, sodium carbonate, and hydrochloric acid. The results were found by mixing the each so
A solution was prepared by dissolving 2.3g NaOH in 2.0L water. This solution was then mixed with 1L pH = 1.0 HCl solution. What is the pH of the resulting solution? What is the pOH of the solution? See attached file for full problem description.
Salicylic acid reacts with acetic anhydrate to form aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid. How much aspirin can be produced from the reaction of 100 g of Salicylic acid and 100 g acetic anhydrate? What is the initial formula used to solve this?
1) What is the effect of heat on an element such as copper? What new substance is formed? What is the effect of heat on a compound such as copper(II) carbonate? What gas is produced.? 2) What is the effect of acid on the following substances and what gas is produced? Copper, Zinc, Calcium Hydroxide, copper(II) carbonate
1. A sample of concetrated nitric acid has density of 1.41g/ml and contains 70% HNO3, by mass. a. What mass of HNO3 is present per litre of solution?(in g/l) b. What is the molarity of the solution? 2. Calculate each of the following quantities. a. molarity of a solution prepared by diluting 32.14ml of 0.238M potassium
Answer these questions: 1. How many grams of NaH2PO4 are needed to react with 38.45 mL of 0.285 M NaOH? NaH2PO4(s) + 2 NaOH(aq) Na3PO4(aq) + 2 H2O(l) 2. How many moles of which reactant are in excess when 356.0 mL of 0.268 M sulfuric acid reacts with 0.590 L of 0.177 M sodium hydroxide to form water and aqueous sodium s
I need some help with this question: What is the molarity of an aqueous hyporomous acid, HOBr, solution that is found to have a pH=5.2? HOBr (aq) + H2O (l) <=> H30(aq) + OBr (aq) pKa= 8.6
What is the name of the salt formed by the complete neutralization of sulfuric acid with lithium hydroxide? Choices: 1. hydrogen sulfite 2. lithium sulfate 3. lithium hydride 4. lithium sulfide
What is the pH of a .0078M solution of KOH? Choices: 1. 2.2 2. -2.2 3. -11.9 4. 11.9
What is pH of a .0045M HCl solution. Choices: 1.2.3 2.-2.3 3.11.6 4.-11.6
Boric acid, H3BO3, is found in some laundry detergents, antimicrobials, and pesticides. With a Ka = 5.8 x 10^-10 it is a weak acid that behaves as a monoprotic acid. Assume you titrate 20.0 mL of 0.11 M boric acid with 0.100 M NaOH. (Show work) 1. Write the equation: 2. What is the pH of the solution before titration begin