I need a simple way of telling if an acid is strong or weak (by looking at the formula). I need the same explanation for bases.
Question: If 500 mg/L lactic acid is added to pure water and you add NaOH until the pH = 3.1, what are the final amounts of each species in the acid equilibrium? What is the titratable acidity? The formula for lactic acid is C3H603, with a dissociation constant, pKa = 3.86. The formula for tartaric acid is C4H606. We us
1) How many moles of chloride ions are in 250.0mL of a 0.450M calcium chloride solution? 2) Identify the spectator ions for the reaction: CuBrsub2 (aq) + Lisub2CrOsub4(aq) -> CuCrOsub4(s) + 2LiBr(aq)
4. a) Write the equation for the reaction of sulfuric acid with potassium hydroxide. b) If Ms. Chemist has a solution of potassium hydroxide that is 0.68 M, what is the volume (in mL) of the base needed to react completely with 55.0 mL of 2.45 M sulfuric acid? c) How many grams of acid were needed to make up the acidic sol
21. One gram of NaCl and one gram of sand are added to 100mL of water. What is the solvent? NaCl Sand Water The Na and Cl ions 22. The gradual mixture of one gas with another by kinetic energy is termed diffusion. True False 23. Which of the following compounds is an acid? H2O N2
1. Calculate the Ksp of a saturated solution if it contains 0.0001 M Pb2+. 2. CH2ClCooH(aq) --(Forward/Reverse reaction)--H+ (aq) + CH2ClCOO- (aq) Calculate the value of Ka(acid) if a 0.1 M solution of CH2ClCOOH has a pH of 2. (a.) given pH, what is the [H+]? (b.) given [H+], what is [CH2ClCOO-]? (c.) Wha
Using Ostwald process, what mass of nitric acid could be produced from 75.0 g of N2 and 50.0 g of H2? I have all the molar masses, the limiting factor, and the ratio of the limiting factor to the product. How do I put this information into an equation to come up with a reasonable answer?
1) Show the calculation for determining the mass of NaOH pellets required to prepare 250mL of 0.10M NaOH. 2) What substance is the proton donor and which is the proton acceptor in NaOH and KHP? 3) What is an equivalence point in a titration?
Commercial steric acid (C17H35COOH) contains palmatic acid (C15H31COOH) as an impurity. If a 1.115 gram sample of commerical steric acid is dissolved inm 43.95 grams of benzene, the freezing point is found to be 5.072 degrees celcius. If the freezing point of pure benzene is 5.533 degrees celcius what is the percent by mass of
I know that: 2HCL +Fe(s)= FeCl2 + 2H under normal conditions. I want to know if the concentrations or conditions can be altered to produce: 3HCl + Fe(s)=FeCl3 + 3H using NO other reactants (catalysts may be used).
From what I have gathered, it appears that the reaction between Iron and certain acids can produce either Fe2+ OR Fe3+ ions. For example, I believe that HCl and Fe(s) will produce hydrogen and either FeCl2(aq) AND/OR FeCl3(aq). Similiarly, the reaction between Fe(s) and H2SO4 will produce hydrogen and Iron (II) sulfate(aq) A
Write a chemical equation for the following reactions: i) zinc sulphate + barium nitrate ii) gold (III) sulphate + barium chloride iii) zinc + mercourous nitrate iv) tin + antimony (V) chloride v) calcium + water vi) ferrous bromide + phosphoric acid vii) calcium carbonate + hydrobromic acid →
Draw the new structure of lidocaine with the two molecules produced and its new functional groups after hydrolysis.
Write balanced chemical equations for the following: Ionization in water of the weak acid HF Ionization in water of the strong acid HI Reaction of the strong acid HI with the strong base NaOH in water Interaction of the weak base C2H5NH2 with water. Ionization of the strong base KOH in water.
Human blood plasma is approximately 0.70% NaCl by weight. What is the ionic strength of blood plasma? I need a detailed explanation please- not just numbers! I am using this as a study guide for my final. Thnaks!!
A weak base with Kb=4.240*10^-7 is added to water to make a 2.00*10^-1 M solution. what is the pH? Since Kb is small, can assume that the dissociation is small relative to initial concentration of weak base.
For which type of titration will the ph be basic at the equivalence point? Show work. Thanks
In the lab you add excess hydrochloric acid to 2.65g of Na2CO3. The balanced reaction is 2HCL (aq) + Na2CO3 (aq) ---> CO2 (g) + H20 (l) + 2NaCl (aq) 1) Identify the type of reaction 2) How many grams of gas molecules can be formed from this much Na2CO3? Show the calculation of the molar masses of all necessary substances
Balanced Reaction: Ti(OH)4 + 2H2SO4 ---> Ti(SO4)2 + 4 H20 - Name each reactant,and product. What type of reaction is this? What is the limiting reagent? - How many grams of water can be produced from this reaction? Show the calcuation of the molar masses of the necessary substances before showing the calculation for theor
What is the concentration of 25.0 mL of HCl if it is completely neutralized by 47.4 mL of 0.250 M NaOH?
Complete each reaction. In(OH)3 (s) + HF (aq) ----> BaCO3 (s) + HNO3 (aq) ----> NH3 (aq) + H3PO4 (aq) ----> Nb(OH)2 (s) + HBr (aq) ---->
In the lab you add excess hydrochloric acid (HCl) to 2.65 g of Na2CO3. Complete and balance the reaction, and identify the state of each substance.
Show the complete, balanced reaction when 2.35 grams of Ti(OH)4 reacts with excess sulfuric acid.
Question: 5.0 mL of 12 mol NH3 / Litre solution is added to 500.0 mL of 0.050 mol AgNO3 / Litre solution. Assume the combining volumes are additive, What molar concentration of silver ion will exist in solution after equilibrium is established? Ag+ + 2 NH3 = Ag(NH3)2+ ( Kf for Ag(NH3)2+ is 1.5 x 107 ) P
1. Write net ionic equations to correspond with each of the following molecular equations. (a.) HCl(aq) + NaOH(aq) NaOH(aq) + H2O(l) (b.) Na2CO3(aq) + CoCl2(aq) 2 NaCl(aq) + CoCO2(s) (c.) NH3OH(aq) + CH3COOH(aq) CH3COONH4(aq) + H2O(l) 2. Define the following terms: (a.) conjugate acid-base pairs (b.) self-ionization
What mass of potassium hypochlorite must be added to 450.0 mL of water to give a solution with pH = 10.20? Please see the attached file for full problem description.
Please see the attached file for full problem description. show work and all steps for problem, thanks for your time
What is the pH of a 2.5 mol HCL / liter aqueous solution?
Over what range of pH is a HOCl - NaOCl buffer most effective? pH 2.0 - pH 4.0 pH 7.5 - pH 9.5 pH 6.5 - pH 8.5 pH 6.5 - pH 9.5 pH 1.0 - pH 14.0
Question: You are asked to go into the lab and prepare an ethanoic acid - sodium ethanoate buffer solution with a pH of 4.00 ± 0.02. What molar ratio of [CH3COOH] / [ CH3COONa] should be used?