4). calculate the pH of a 0.265 M solution of propanoic acid
HC3H5O2 (aq) = C3H5O2- (aq) + H+ (aq), Ka = 1.34 x 10^-5
Propanoic acid ionizes in water according to the equation above
A) write the equilibrium- constant expression for the reaction
B) calculate the pH of a 0.265 M solution of propanoic acid
5) A 0.496 g sample of sodium propanoate , NaC3H5O2 , is added to a 50.0ml sample of a 0.265 M solution of propanoic acid. Assuming that no change in the volume of the solution occurs , calculate each of the following
(I) The concentration of propanoate ion. , in the solution
(Ii) The concentration of the H+ (aq) ion I the solution
6) The methanoate ion , HCO2- (aq) , reacts with water to form methanoic acid and OH- ion as shown in the following equation
HCO2 - (aq). + H2O (l). = HCO2H (aq) + OH- (aq)
given that OH- concentration is 4.18 x 10^ -6 M in a 0.309 M solution of sodium methanoate , calculate each of the following
(I) The value of Kb for the methanoate ion
(Ii). The value of Ka for the methanoic acid
7) which acid is stronger, propanoic acid or methanoic acid? Justify your answer© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 9:08 pm ad1c9bdddf
It provides several examples of finding the pH of the solution.
Equilibrium Shift of a Reaction and the pH of a Solution
1. The pressure on each of the following systems is decreased from 5 atm to 1 atm. Which way does the equilibrium shift in each of the following systems?
a.) 2CO2 (g) --> 2CO (g) + O2 (g)
b.) H2 (g) + I2 --> 2HI (g)
2. What is the pH of a solution if the H+ concentration is 7.2 X 10^-14 M?
Is this neutral, acidic, or basic?
3. Calculate pKa for the weak acid with a Ka value of 6.3 x 10^-3
4. Classify the salt NaF as acidic, basic, or neutral? Write a net ionic equation to explain your answer.View Full Posting Details