Please provide the exact steps that are involved in solving each of these problems and how to arrive at the answers step-by-step so I can grasp the concept clearly. 1. The gaseous hydrocarbon acetylene, C2H2, is used in welders torches because of the large amount of heat released when acetylene burns with oxygen, producing ca
A weak acid has a pKa of 3.654. If the solution pH is 3.741, what percentage of the acid is undissociated? A weak acid has a pKa of 5.857. Calculate the pH of a solution in which the ratio of the concentrations of acid anion to undissociated anion ([A-]/[HA]) equals 7.555.
Please help, I'm really stuck on the following:- A weak acid has a PKa of 7.713. Calculate the pH of a solution in which the ratio of the concentrations of undissociated acid to acid anion ([HA]/[A-]) equals 8.441 also Calculate the PKa of a weak acid given the information that a 0.652 M solution has a pH of 2.882
1) When iron is oxidized in the presence of nitric acid, three products are formed: iron(III) nitrate, nitrogen dioxide and water. Write and balance the equation for this reaction. Then calculate how many grams of water are formed if 500 grams of iron are reacted with 500 grams of nitric acid. 2) When iron is oxidized in th
The only possible ions in an aqueous solution are ion, barium, carbonate, chloride and nitrate. The following are observed: i) the original solution contains only dissolved species. ii) adding silver ion to the solution produces no precipitates. iii) adding sulfate ion to the original solution produces a white precipitate
14. In a normal bottle of Coca Cola before it is opened, the following equilibrium exists: H2C03 <=> H+ +HCO3-; Ka = 4.2 x 1 O-7 Once the bottle is opened, this equilibrium no longer exists. Explain what happens, and write a new equilibrium expression showing what happens. I'll give you a hint; there is more than one equil
Please see the attachment for complete information. 15. Into a 5.0 liter flask was placed 35.7 g of PCI5 . The flask and contents were heated to 250 0 C, and then held at temperature until the following equilibrium was established: PcI5 (g)< > Pc13 (g) + Cl2 (g) It was then shown by analysis that 875 g of Cl2 was pesent
During titration the following data were collected. A 50mL portion of an HCl solution was titrated with 0.50 M NaOH. It required 200mL of the base to neutralize the sample. How many grams of acid are in 500 mL of this acid solution? The attached solution describes all steps of the required procedure to find out the unkonwn a
Reactions of metals with acids and metal ions. 1. What are the equations for these metals when mixed with 6 M HCl. Ca, Cu, Mg, Fe, Sn, and Zn. (I tried Ca + HCl and got 3 Ca + 6HCl --> 3CaCl2 + 3H2) 2. We have Ca(NO3)2, Cu(NO3)2, FeSO4, Fe(NO3)3, Mg(NO3)2, SnCl4, and Zn(NO3)2. What is the complete equation and net ion
Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc.When ground into a fine powder,then added to hydrochloric acid solution,a single replacement reaction occurs with one of the metals.A soluble salt and hydrogen gas are produced. A)The balnce equation for the reaction that occurs? B)If a 60.0 g sample of the alloy contained enough of the m
What volumes of 0.50 M HNO2 and 0.50 M NaNO2 must be mixed to prepare 1 liter of solution buffered at Ph of 3.55?
An aqueous solution contains dissolved C6H5NH3Cl and C6H5NH2. The concentration of C6H5NH2 is 0.50 and pH is 4.20. a. Calculate the concentration of C6H5NH3+ in this buffer solution. b. Calculate the Ph after 4.0 grams of NaOH(s) is added to 1.0 L of this solution. Neglect any volume change.
I need a simple way of telling if an acid is strong or weak (by looking at the formula). I need the same explanation for bases.
Question: If 500 mg/L lactic acid is added to pure water and you add NaOH until the pH = 3.1, what are the final amounts of each species in the acid equilibrium? What is the titratable acidity? The formula for lactic acid is C3H603, with a dissociation constant, pKa = 3.86. The formula for tartaric acid is C4H606. We us
1) How many moles of chloride ions are in 250.0mL of a 0.450M calcium chloride solution? 2) Identify the spectator ions for the reaction: CuBrsub2 (aq) + Lisub2CrOsub4(aq) -> CuCrOsub4(s) + 2LiBr(aq)
4. a) Write the equation for the reaction of sulfuric acid with potassium hydroxide. b) If Ms. Chemist has a solution of potassium hydroxide that is 0.68 M, what is the volume (in mL) of the base needed to react completely with 55.0 mL of 2.45 M sulfuric acid? c) How many grams of acid were needed to make up the acidic sol
21. One gram of NaCl and one gram of sand are added to 100mL of water. What is the solvent? NaCl Sand Water The Na and Cl ions 22. The gradual mixture of one gas with another by kinetic energy is termed diffusion. True False 23. Which of the following compounds is an acid? H2O N2
1. Calculate the Ksp of a saturated solution if it contains 0.0001 M Pb2+. 2. CH2ClCooH(aq) --(Forward/Reverse reaction)--H+ (aq) + CH2ClCOO- (aq) Calculate the value of Ka(acid) if a 0.1 M solution of CH2ClCOOH has a pH of 2. (a.) given pH, what is the [H+]? (b.) given [H+], what is [CH2ClCOO-]? (c.) Wha
Using Ostwald process, what mass of nitric acid could be produced from 75.0 g of N2 and 50.0 g of H2? I have all the molar masses, the limiting factor, and the ratio of the limiting factor to the product. How do I put this information into an equation to come up with a reasonable answer?
1) Show the calculation for determining the mass of NaOH pellets required to prepare 250mL of 0.10M NaOH. 2) What substance is the proton donor and which is the proton acceptor in NaOH and KHP? 3) What is an equivalence point in a titration?
Commercial steric acid (C17H35COOH) contains palmatic acid (C15H31COOH) as an impurity. If a 1.115 gram sample of commerical steric acid is dissolved inm 43.95 grams of benzene, the freezing point is found to be 5.072 degrees celcius. If the freezing point of pure benzene is 5.533 degrees celcius what is the percent by mass of
1. How many grams of CI2 can be prepared from the reaction of 15.0 g of MnO2 and 30.0 g of HCl according to the following equation? 2. How many mL is 0.005 L? 3. Give the number of protons (p), electrons (e), and neutrons (n) in one atom of chlorine - which has the symbol Cl. 4. A newborn baby weighs eight and one ha
I know that: 2HCL +Fe(s)= FeCl2 + 2H under normal conditions. I want to know if the concentrations or conditions can be altered to produce: 3HCl + Fe(s)=FeCl3 + 3H using NO other reactants (catalysts may be used).
From what I have gathered, it appears that the reaction between Iron and certain acids can produce either Fe2+ OR Fe3+ ions. For example, I believe that HCl and Fe(s) will produce hydrogen and either FeCl2(aq) AND/OR FeCl3(aq). Similiarly, the reaction between Fe(s) and H2SO4 will produce hydrogen and Iron (II) sulfate(aq) A
Write a chemical equation for the following reactions: i) zinc sulphate + barium nitrate ii) gold (III) sulphate + barium chloride iii) zinc + mercourous nitrate iv) tin + antimony (V) chloride v) calcium + water vi) ferrous bromide + phosphoric acid vii) calcium carbonate + hydrobromic acid →
Draw the new structure of lidocaine with the two molecules produced and its new functional groups after hydrolysis.
10.0 mg of AgOH(s) is added to 350.0 mL of water with an initial pH of 11.00. The solubility equilibrium constant for the dissolution of AgOH (s) is Ksp = 1.5 x 10^-8. Determine the concentration of [Ag +] and the final pH at equilibrium.
Boric acid, B(OH)3, is an acid that acts differently from normal Bronsted-Lowry acids. It reacts with water to form B(OH)4- and H30+. a) Draw Lewis structures and indicate the shapes for B(OH)3 and B(OH)4- b) What is the species that donates a proton to water? c) Can B(OH)3 be described as a Lewis acid?
A. What is the pH of a solution in water with a concentration of H3O+ ions of 3.5x10^-8M. Is this solution acidic or basic? B. A solution in water has a pH of 5.25. What is the molarity of H3O+ ions in this solution?
Human blood plasma is approximately 0.70% NaCl by weight. What is the ionic strength of blood plasma? I need a detailed explanation please- not just numbers! I am using this as a study guide for my final. Thnaks!!