In the lab you add excess hydrochloric acid (HCl) to 2.65 g of Na2CO3. Complete and balance the reaction, and identify the state of each substance.
Show the complete, balanced reaction when 2.35 grams of Ti(OH)4 reacts with excess sulfuric acid.
Question: 5.0 mL of 12 mol NH3 / Litre solution is added to 500.0 mL of 0.050 mol AgNO3 / Litre solution. Assume the combining volumes are additive, What molar concentration of silver ion will exist in solution after equilibrium is established? Ag+ + 2 NH3 = Ag(NH3)2+ ( Kf for Ag(NH3)2+ is 1.5 x 107 ) P
1. Write net ionic equations to correspond with each of the following molecular equations. (a.) HCl(aq) + NaOH(aq) NaOH(aq) + H2O(l) (b.) Na2CO3(aq) + CoCl2(aq) 2 NaCl(aq) + CoCO2(s) (c.) NH3OH(aq) + CH3COOH(aq) CH3COONH4(aq) + H2O(l) 2. Define the following terms: (a.) conjugate acid-base pairs (b.) self-ionization
What mass of potassium hypochlorite must be added to 450.0 mL of water to give a solution with pH = 10.20? Please see the attached file for full problem description.
Please see the attached file for full problem description. show work and all steps for problem, thanks for your time
What is the pH of a 2.5 mol HCL / liter aqueous solution?
Over what range of pH is a HOCl - NaOCl buffer most effective? pH 2.0 - pH 4.0 pH 7.5 - pH 9.5 pH 6.5 - pH 8.5 pH 6.5 - pH 9.5 pH 1.0 - pH 14.0
Question: You are asked to go into the lab and prepare an ethanoic acid - sodium ethanoate buffer solution with a pH of 4.00 ± 0.02. What molar ratio of [CH3COOH] / [ CH3COONa] should be used?
Question: Which one of the following combinations cannot function as a buffer solution? HCN and KCN NH3 and (NH4)2SO4 HONO2 and NaNO3 HF and NaF HONO and NaNO2
7 general chemistry questions. Example: At 20 degrees Celcius, the vapor pressure of toluene is 22 mm Hg and that of benzene is 75 mm Hg. An ideal solution, equimolar in toluene and benzene, is prepared. At 20 degrees Celcius, what is the mole fraction of benzene in the vapour in equlibrium with this solution? (a) 0.23 (b)
1) Calculate the pH when equal volumes of 0.100 M of H2PO3- and 0.02 M HCl are mixed. 2) Calculate the percentage dissociation of acetic acid at pH = 3.69.
Objective: To study the effect of reactant concentration on the rate of the reaction between sodium thiosulfate and hydrochloric acid and to determine the order of each reactant and the rate law for the reaction. 2 HCI(aq) + NaS2O3 (aq) --> S(s) + SO2 (aq) + H2O(l) + 2NaCL(aq) Calculations: (a) Calculate the initial an
Will an acid-base reaction with an equilibrium lying to the right place if Na(+) A(-)is added to HB? (HB has a pka = 10):if it's needed to answer the question.
A compound of iron and oxygen is found to have a mass of 6.13 grams. If the mass of iron is determined to be 4.29 grams, what is the empirical formula of the compound? Please give step by step answer in simplest way to do not making it complicated. Show all steps and solution please.... (See attachment for rest of questi
List the following in order of increasing pH of their 0.1 M aqueous solutions (lowest to highest pH) NaBr NH4Br NaClO2 NaBrO2
Question: What is the pH of 0.097 M of triethylammonium chloride (CH3CH2)3 NHCL? I know that in order to solve this i need to find the Kb, which is equal to Kw/Ka, I know that Kw = 1E-14, but I do not know which Ka to use? Once i know the Kb, i will be able to solve this problem and find the pH, i just need help finding the a
Following netralization reaction H2SO4 + KOH ->
Compare the vapor pressures of methanol,ethanol,acetic acid, water, and benzene. Which compund appears to have the strongest intermolecular forces at 100C If one compound has a higher equilibrium vapr pressure than another at a particular temperature, will it necessarily have a higher equilibrium vapor pressure at all tempe
A. An acid/base indicator is red when the molarity of hydronim ion is less than 1.0x10^-8 and yellow when the molarity of hydronium ion is greater than 1.0x10^-6. What will the color of this indicator be in a solution of pH = 5.0? B. How many grams of NaOH are there in 3.00L of a 1.00M solution?
Write balanced chemical equations for the following: -Ionization in water of the weak acid HF -Ionization in water of the strong acid HI -Reaction of the strong acid HI with the strong base NaOH in water -Interaction of the weak base C2H5NH2 with water. -Ionization of the strong base KOH in water.
127. Calculate the temperature (K) of the earth if there were no greenhouse effect. Assume the solar irradiance is 1500 W/m2 and the total planetary albedo is 25 percent. (The Stefan Boltzmann constant is 0.567e-07 W/m2/K4). ****I've tried to answer this twice, but both times I was incorrect and the program gave the following h
Describe the chemical reaction that occurs when copper is reacted with nitric acid. Is the outcome temperature and or concentration dependent?
1. 0.54 g of ammononium chlordie is dissolc=ved in 250 mL of solution. Calculate the molarity. 2. What volumne of solution would be required to deliver 6.84 g og 0.200 M aluminum sulfate solution? 3. Calculate the molarity of a solution if 126 mL of 6.25 M NaOH was diluted to a total volume of 250mL. 4. Calculate the pH
103897 okay if expalin math Only for above listed OTA-ONLY. All others called in. Please EXPLAIN the math. 100 mL of a 0.1 M NaOH solution is being titrated with 0.2 M HCl solution. a) What is the pH of the solution after 25 mL of the HCl solution has been added? b) What is the solution after an additional 20 mL of HCl solut
Please show all work and remember this is a first year course. Chem is my weakest subject. Please send responsse in Word. Also, if you are not willing to show me the proper way to do these by showing the calculations and will only supply me with some notes tht I could read out of any textbook myself, please do not take th
Everything is already answered I just need to know if I am on the right track, please help I am really struggling with chemistry and I absolutly need to know how to do these problems correctly, so if I am wrong can you please tell me were my error is. ----------- Which of the following salts would give you the lowe
1. Conjugate Acid-Base Pairs. Identify the conjugate acid-base pairs in each of the following reactions. Label each species as an acid or a base. a. NH4+(aq) + CN-(aq) --> NH3(aq) + HCN(aq) b. CH3COOH(aq) + F-(aq) --> CH3COO-(aq) + HF(aq) c. HPO42-(aq) + H2O(l) --> H2PO4-(aq) + OH-(aq) d. NH3(aq) + SO4 2-(aq) --> N
I) At 25ºC, 0.212g of barium hydroxide is dissolved completely in sufficient water to make 0.25 liter of final solution. What is the hydroxide ion concentration in mol litre-1? Given answer in scientific notation to an appropriate number of significant figures. ii) What assumption must you make in order to carry out the cal
At 25C 0.212g of barium hydroxide is dissolved in water to make 0.25ltr final solution. molecular mass 154.33 contains 137g Ba 16g O 1g H - need the hydrogen ion concentration in mol litre-1 in scientific notation. and the PH of this solution to the nearet integer -does the answer agree with the sort of PH value expected for a b