1. Use Data Analysis from the attached excel file to create a multiple regression equation where the forecast for the next year is a function of the attendance in each of the previous 2 years. That is: F(t)=a + b1*D(t-1)+b2*D(t-2) Where: F is the forecast for period t a is the intercept bj is the regression coefficient
1. Use the graph (see attachment) to describe the total variation about a regression line in words and in symbols. 3. Use the graph (see attachment) to describe the unexplained variation about a regression line in words and in symbols. 11. Retail Space and Sales - The following table (see attachment) represents the total s
If f(x)=2x+3, find the following 1) f(4) 2) f(-2) Given the following tales x y 1 4 4 8 7 20 12 24 14 28 16 30 What is the domain? What is the range? Do a linear regression and tell the values of a, b, r2, and r and tell if the correlation is positive or negative.
I have a group project due. My portion is only 300 words but I am hoping you can help me. I would like a short summary of the processes involved in figuring the following: 1. The regression analysis of the attached data- excel sheet, (r squared,r and the goodness of fit test) 2. Description of the hypothesis test related to
1. The administrator of a school board in a large country was analyzing the average mathematics test scores in the schools under her control. She noticed that there were dramatic differences in scores among the schools. In an attempt to improve the scores of all the schools, she decided to determine the factors that account for
See the attached file. 1. Florida condominiums are popular winter retreats for many North Americans. In recent years the price has steadily increased. A real estate agent wanted to know why prices of similar-size apartments in the same building vary. A possible answer lies in the floor level. It may be that the higher the flo
1. Results from regressing the spread between Corporate AAA bonds and the Treasury 10-year note on GDP are provided in the attached file. a) Test the hypothesis: Ho: Intercept = 0; Ha: Intercept =/= 0 Ho: Slope = 0; Ha: Slope =/= 0 b) Calculate the correlation between the regression residuals t and (t - 1). c) Test the hyp
Question 1: Use the "Regression" function in Excel and (the data) of Visits: 3, 5, 4, 2, 1, 3, 6, 7, 4, 5, 10, 1, 2, 3, 8 Age 28, 45, 50, 19, 16, 27, 54, 63, 32, 42, 68, 19, 23, 30, 61, to estimate the linear relation between the number of visits and the age of the patient. Examine the results of the analysis by 1. Inter
Mixed costs are very common in business and consist of fixed cost element and a variable cost element. Fixed costs are a recurring, constant cost that does not vary when business activity varies. Variable costs are added costs associated with each unit of business activity the organization experiences. The relationship can be ch
The table lists the personal income and outlays (both in trillions of dollars) for Americans for 11 recent years. Personal income, x 4.5 4.9 5.0 5.3 5.6 5.9 6.2 6.5 7.0 7.4 7.8 Personal outlays, y 3.7 4.0 4.1 4.3 4.6 4.8 5.1 5.4 5.7 6.1 6.5 1. Construct a scatter plot for the data. Do the data
I need help with these questions. 1. Find the equation of the regression line for the given data. What is the predicted value of Y when X = -2? What is the predicted value of Y when X = 4? X -5 -3 4 1 -1 -2 0 2 3 -4 Y -10 -8 9 1 -2 -6 -1 3 6 -8
What can we say about the F-test (and its p-value) for the regression analysis using X1, X2 and X3?
41. A multiple regression analysis based on n= 24 data points yielded the following fitted model: Y = 130.0093 - 3.5017 + .0034 The error sum of squares was 465.1348. Each of the following statements is incorrect; your job is to correct each. a. For each one-unit change in , we expect Y to decrease by -3.5017 units
Can you kindly provide answers with a deep explanation? I need it to develop an essay. Thanks a lot! Zagat's publishes restaurant ratings for various locations in the United States. The file RESTRATE.xls contains the Zagat rating for food, decor, service, and the price per person for a sample of 53 restaurants located in New
Step-by-Step Statistical situation. I have attached information to supplement the problem listed below: Use the 7 predictors which are highlighted to develop a regression model in order to predict income. Explain the logic of the initial model; examine the goodness of fit of the model and present a new model, if required,
See attachment for spreadsheet in question. In what cell is the statistical significance of the regression model quantified? How significant is the p-level of the model? What item in the regression report quantifies the statistical significance of the independent variable X? What item in the regression report tells u
Question 1 Group Statistics HIGHEST YEAR OF SCHOOL COMPLETED N Mean Std. Deviation Std. Error Mean RESPONDENTS INCOME 12 283 12.24 18.415 1.095 16 161 17.57 21.854 1.722 Independent Samples Test Levene's Test for Equality of Variances t-test for Equality of Means F Sig. t df Sig. (2-tailed) Mean Difference Std. Er
Provide at least five real life examples where legislation and daily life choices have been driven by what could be defined basically as rooted in statistical correlations and regression analyses.
The Professional Golfers Association (PGA): (refer to attachment for data) The Professional Golfers Association (PGA) maintains data on performance and earnings for members of the PGA Tour. Based on total earnings in PGA Tour events, the top 125 players are exempt for the following season. Making the top 125 money list is impo
1- The correlation coefficient is used to determine: Answer a. A specific value of the y-variable given a specific value of the x-variable b. The strength of the relationship between two variables c. A specific value of the x-variable given a specific value of the y-variable d. None of these 2- Larger values of
Southern Textiles wishes to predict employee wages by using the employee's experience X1 and the employee's education X2. Employees are categorized as having a college degree or not having a college degree in their personnel files, so the variable "education" is a qualitative variable. Thus, X2 is an indicator (0, 1) variable.
1. Taxes (Y) | Age (X) 925 | 1 870 | 2 809 | 4 720 | 4 694 | 5 630 | 8 626 | 10 562 | 10 546 | 12 523 | 15 480 | 20 486 | 22 462 | 25 441 | 25 426 | 30 368 | 35 350 | 40 348 | 50 322 | 50 Is there a quadratic relationship between the age of a single-family house (X) and county taxes (Y)? a) Yes, there
Please see attached. 5 exercises have Excel tables attached below. Thanks.
Ten weeks of data on the Commodity Futures Index are 7.35, 7.40, 7.55, 7.56, 7.60, 7.52, 7.52, 7.70, 7.62, and 7.55. a. Construct a time series plot. What type of pattern exists in the data? b. Compute the exponential smoothing forecasts for a = .2. c. Compute the exponential smoothing forecasts for a = .3. d. Which expon
See the attached file. Consider the simple linear regression model Yi = Bo + B1Xi + ei(i = ,2,..., n). The model may be written in matrix notation as Y = XB + e. a) Explain the terms Y, X, B and e. b) State the second-order distributional assumptions in matrix notation and then the normal theory assumptions using matrix
A mail-order catalog business maintains a warehouse for distribution of products ordered. Management is currently investigating what factors affect distribution costs. Data has been collected for the past 24 months indicating warehouse distribution costs, sales, numbers of orders and average order processing time. See the Excel
Suppose that you are interested in predicting the price of a laptop computer based on its various features. The file P11_35.xlsx contains observations on the sales price and a number of potentially relevant variables for a randomly chosen sample of laptop computers. Employ stepwise regression to decide which explanatory variable
Please find the attached files for details.
Given the Excel output below of x = entrance scores achieved by students and y = GPA SUMMARY OUTPUT Regression Statistics Multiple R 0.883582 R Square 0.780718 Adjusted R
You are interested in finding out if a student's ACT score is a good predictor of their final college grade point average (GPA). You have obtained the following data and are going to conduct a regression analysis. What is the best fit to conduct this analysis? ACT | GPA 22.0 | 3.0 32.0 | 3.78 33.0 | 3.68 21.0 | 2.94 27