Please select the correct answer and show briefly how you arrived at your solution: 9. A manufacturing company produces part 2205 for the aerospace industry. This particular part can be manufactured using 3 different production processes. The management wants to know if the quality of the units of part 2205 is the same for al
Listed below are birth weights (in kilograms) of male babies born to mothers on a special vitamin supplement (based on data from the New York State Department of Health). Test the claim that this sample comes from a population with a standard deviation equal to 0.470 kg, which is the standard deviation for male birth weights in
See the attached file for proper format. 2. What information is provided by the numerical value of the Pearson correlation? 6. For the following scores, X Y 3 12 6 7 3 9 5 7 3 10 a. Compute the Pearson corr
See attached file for problems 13.17 and 15.34.
The chi-square test. Think of a real-world situation that would best be analyzed using this technique. For this Discussion do the following: 1. Clearly describe the dependent and independent variables you would study; 2. State the research question and statistical null and alternative hypotheses; and 3. Explain why this tes
Instructions: In all exercises, include MegaStat, Excel, or MINITAB exhibits to support your calculations. State the hypotheses, show how the degrees of freedom are calculated, find the critical value of chisquare from Excel's function =CHIINV(alpha, deg_freedom), and interpret the p-value. Tell whether the conclusion is sens
Is there a relationship between whether or not someone completed and returned their 2011 census report and their opinion of gun control? A research class conducted a random survey of shoppers in the mall. What can they conclude based on the data. Show analysis in SPSS completed and returned/in favor 74 completed and retue
Goody Mattress and Furniture Company wishes to study the number of credit applications received per day for the last 300 days. The info is reported as follows: #of credit Frequency National stats applications 0 100 95 1 154 165 2
One-year sales volume of four similar 20-oz. beverages on a college campus is shown. (a) make a bar chart and describe it. (b) Calculate expected frequencies for each class. (c) Perform the chi-square test for a uniform distribution. At ?=.05, does this sample contradict the assumption that sales are the same for each beverage?
Please help answer the following question. What is the calculation of 450 participants included in a study? 150 cases who had been in an accident and 300 controls who had not. Of the 150 cases, 70 reported having taken a driver's education class. Of the 300 controls, 170 reported having taken a driver's education class.
The newspaper has charged that your police department responds more slowly to 911 calls in poor neighborhoods than in more wealthy ones. As Captain, you gather the following data [n = 191] to determine whether the allegation is true. Specify the null and alternative hypothesis. Police R
See attached files. Copy and paste Excel output into a Word document, formatting appropriately. "Appropriate" includes formatting to a reasonable and appropriate number of decimals, including a good, descriptive caption for the table and eliminating duplicate labels. Show all statistics to four decimal places: xx.xxxx
13. John Isaac, Inc., a designer and installer of industrial signs, employs 60 people. The company recorded the type of the most recent visit to a doctor by each employee. A national assessment conducted in 2008 found that 53 percent of all physician visits were to primary care physicians, 19 percent to medical specialists, 17 p
20. There are four entrances to the Government Center Building in downtown Philadelphia. The building maintenance supervisor would like to know if the entrances are equally utilized. To investigate, 400 people were observed entering the building. The number using each entrance is reported below. At the .01 significance level, is
Using the Cumba database file, create a pivot table of management level versus gender. Then, copy the data from the table into a chi square table to see if a relationship exists between employee genders and their management level. What can you conclude at the .05 significance level? Using the Cumba database file, develop a m
Chi Squared goodness-f-fit test Use these parameters to guide me through the steps in solving this problem. The car dealership did a study on 6 different uniform variations. In this study, they had personnel from all companies across the world wear the different uniforms at different times to identify which was most liked.
The Ohio Department of Highways is in the process of selecting a new paint for highway use. Four different paint companies have been contact regarding this need and each of the companies has supplied paint for testing. Before deciding the winner of the new contract, a test was conducted to determine which paint was the best, in
2. A recent research report shows that the percentage of college students who have been reported for plagiarizing has reached 30% each in the colleges of Education, Arts and Sciences, and Business, but only 10% in the School of Law. The XYZ University does a random sample of 2000 pieces of student work submitted over the last t
16. The employee benefits manager of a small private university would like to estimate the proportion of full time employees who like to adopt the first (i.e. plan A) of three available health care plans in the coming enrolment period. A reliable frame of the universities employees and their tentative healthcare preferences are
See attached file. Explanation and completion of 2.1, 2.2, & 2.3. PART 2: Problems Answer the questions in Part 2. Be sure to show every step of your work clearly and completely. Explain your conclusions in clear language for someone who is not statistically numerate. CASE # GNDR TRAK ADV LIKE STDY GPA HIGH SCHOOL SEN
15.20 A study of health care planning undertook a mail survey of hospital administrators in Arkansas, Louisiana, and east Texas. Research question: At α = .05, is the type of planning independent of the intensity of competition? (Data are from D. O. McKee, P. R. Varadarajan, and J. Vassar, "A Taxonomy of Marketing Planni
A finance professor has just given a midterm examination in her corporate finance course. In particular, she is interested in determining whether the distribution of 100 exam scores is normally distributed. Perform a chi-square goodness-of-fit test. Report and interpret the computed p-value. What can you conclude about normality
7 (i) When should Yates' correction be applied when carrying out a Chi-square test? Two vaccines against typhoid fever, A and B, were tested on a total of 700 people in Nepal during a particular year. The vaccines were allocated randomly and whether or not typhoid had developed was noted during the following year. The results a
1) Sixty-four students in an introductory college economics class were asked how many credits they had earned in college, and how certain they were about their choice of major. At α = .01, is the degree of certainty independent of credits earned? Data to construct the contingency table are below. 0-9 Credits Earned
Question a: A personnel manager is concerned about absenteeism. She decides to sample the records to determine if absenteeism is distributed evenly throughout the six-day workweek. The null hypothesis to be tested is: Absenteeism is distributed evenly throughout the week. The 0.01 level is to be used. The sample results are:
A - What is our decision regarding the differences between the observed and expected frequencies if the critical value of chi-square is 9.488 and the computed value is 6.079? 1 - The difference is probably due to sampling error and we should not reject the null hypothese. 2 - Not due to chance; reject the null hypoth
Question 9: When does multicollinearity occur in a multiple regression analysis? Choose the right answer: a. The dependent variables are highly correlated b. The independent variables are minimally correlated c. The independent variables are highly correlated d. The independent variables have no correlation Question 1
The drug Ancrod was tested in a double-blind clinical trial in which subjects who had strokes were randomly assigned to get either Ancrod or a placebo. One response variable in the study was whether or not a subject experienced intracranial hemorrhaging. The data are provided in the following table. Use a chi-square test to det
1. The student population at the state college consists of 55% females and 45% males. A. A researcher recorded the gender of each student entering the theater and found a total of 385 females and 215 males. Report the chi-square value; do you reject the null hypothesis? B. The same researcher also recorded the gender of each
See attached file for clarity. Chapter 13 6. The following data represent the results from an independent-measures study comparing three treatments. a. Compute SS for the set of 3 treatment means. (Use the three means as a set of n = 3 scores and compute SS.) b. Using the result from part a, compute n(SSmeans)