Verify the identity algebraically: 1+ cos 10y = 2 cos^2 5y
Approximate the solution of the equation in the interval [0,2pi]. If possible find the exact solutions algebraically. (sin 2x + cos 2x)^2 = 1
Suppose cos(u) =-6/7 and sin(v) =3/4. If u and v are in quadrant 2, find cos (u+v)
Prove the trigonometric identity 1 + cosx = 1 _______ _________ sinx cscx - cotx
Given vectors v= 150mi at 175 degree and w= 270 mi at 215 degree. Find the sum of v and w.
From a boat sailing due north at 16.5 mph a wrecked ship K and an observation tower T are observed in a line due East. One hour later the bearings from the boat to K and T are S34(deg)East and S65(deg)East, respectively. Find the distance between K and T. keywords: bearings
A boat travels in a direction of N40(deg) E for 3 hours at 20 mph. How far North and how far East did the boat travel? keywords: bearings
See attached file for full problem description. Please show answers with all steps.
1. A surveyor is measuring the distance across a small lake. He has set up his transit on one side of the lake 130 feet from a piling that is directly across from a pier on the other side of the lake. From his transit, the angle between the piling and the pier is 55(degrees). What is the distance between the piling and the p
Y = ln(t^2 + 4) - 1/2 arctan t/2
What are different kinds of trig identities? Questions: 1. If sin x = -1/3, what is cosx? 2. Simplify the expression (sinx + cosx)^2 + (sinx - cosx)^2 3. Verify the identity cotx - tanx = (csc2x - sec2x)/sinxcosx
LOOKOUT STATION A is 15 km west of station B. THE BEARING FROM A TO A FIRE DIRECTLY SOUTH OF B IS 37 DEGREES AND 50'E. HOW FAR IS THE FIRE FROM B?
1. A boat sails at a constant speed in a straight line. its position at time S is (30S- 300,10S +500). in the water there are two buoys, A and B. at positions A- (7100,2800) and B - (125700,42500). a) write an expression in terms of S that is the square of the distance between the boat and buoy A at time S, simplify the answe
What are Pythagorean triple? What are primitive Pythagorean triples? What is the Pythagorean triples theorem?
Use trig. identities to transform one side of the equation into the other. tan (data) + Cot (data) / tan(data) = csc^2
Points A and B lie in a direct line on level ground to the west of a mountain which is known to be 1 mile high. The angle of elevation from point A to the mountain top is 4 degrees and the angle of elevation from point B to the mountain top is 6 degrees. Find the distance between points A and B.
Use trigonometric identities to derive the following identities: a.) sin^2x+cos^2x=1 b.) sin2x=2sinxcosx c.) cos2x=cos^2x-sin^2x d.) cos2x=2cos^2x-1 e.) cos2x=1-2sin^2x
I am having difficulty using the epsilon/delta definition....even difficulty when not using it. There's a problem which reads as follows: find the limit as x approaches 0 of (cosx-1)/x^2. The main reason as to why I am having difficulty without using the epsilon/delta definition is because I simply am confused what to do when
Find the side length x for a right triangle..when its sides are 7 and 11. Round to the nearest tenth
As a group, work together to submit the answers to the following problems. Use the Small Group Discussion Board to divide tasks, discuss strategies for solving problems, and check each other's work. The finished product should be one combined document for the entire group, showing all calculations and graphical representations u
Find the trigonometric limit of the following (please show work) lim (x - tan2x)/sin2x x--> 0
Find the value of Trigonometric expression. 1) Cos [Sin^-1 (3/5)] 2) Cos [Tan^-1 (7/5)] See attached file for full problem description.
Find the radian measure of the central angle of a circle of radius r that intercepts an arc of length s , while the radius r = 1 meter and s = 300 centimeters. Find a positive angle less than 360degrees that is co terminal with the angle - 822degrees The minute hand of a clock is 5 inches long. How far does the tip of th
13) A rocket tracking station has two telescopes A and B placed 1.3 miles apart. The telescopes lock onto a rocket and transmit their angles of elevation to a computer after a rocket launch. What is the distance to the rocket from telescope B at the moment when both tracking stations are directly east of the rocket telescope A r
3) A building 210 feet tall casts a 90 foot long shadow. If a person stands at the end of the shadow and looks up to the top of the building, what is the angle of the person's eyes to the top of the building (to the nearest hundredth of a degree)? (Assume the person's eyes are 4 feet above ground level.) A) 66.40° B) 64.09° C
20. A small fire is sighted from ranger stations A and B. Station B is 1 .6 miles due east of station A. The bearing of the fire from station A is N40°E, and the bearing of the fire from station B is N5OW. How far, to the nearest tenth of a mile, is the fire from station A? 21. The magnitude and direction of two forces actin
(See attached file for full problem description)
Which of the following is identical to cos(x +y)cos(x-y) ?
Find theta that satisfies the following equation: sin(2theta)sin(theta) = cos(theta)
1.-On the shore of the lake,a surveyor measured a straigth line of 30 meters between point A and B.what is the shortest distance between the point C on the island and the point A on the shore if angle C A B = 23degrees and 50 minutes and angle C B A =67 degrees and 28 minutes. 2.-Find the angle B in an oblique triangle in whi