What is the maximum possible volume of a right circular cylinder with a total surface area (including the top and the bottom)? 600 pi in^2 Find the exact coordinates of the inflection points and critical points of the function (Figure 15.1) on the interval (-10, 10) f(x)= 2x^3+ 3x^2- 180x+ 150 Find dx/dt given
1. The Snyder company percentages of all shipments that were received on time over the past 12 months are 80, 82, 84, 83, 83, 84, 85, 84, 82, 83, 84 and 83... A. Compare a 3-month moving-averages forecast with an exponential smoothing forecast for a = 0.2 Which provides a better forecast? Part B. What is the forec
An electronic device consists of 3 main components arranged in series so that the failure of one component causes the failure of the whole device. The reliability of the device can be improved by having up to, 2 standby units in parallel for each component. The total capital available for the design is £10,000. The reliability
Please see attached file for full problem description. The revenue derived from the production of x units of a particular commodity is million dollars. What level of production results in maximum revenue? What is the maximum revenue? a. a. Maximum at x = 8 and maximum revenue is R(8) = 32 (million dollars) b. b. Maxi
Does the function have an absolute maximum value? If so for what values of are this maximum achieved? Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problem.
1. For the function sketched in the left figure, find (a) absolute maxima, (b) absolute minima, (c) the absolute maximum value, (d) the absolute minimum value. 2. For the function sketched in the left figure, find (a) value for which, (b) values for which does not exist, (c) values at which is not continuous, (d
Scheduling staff. You are the director of the Computer Center for Gaillard College and rewponsible for scheduling the staffing of the center, which is open from *a.m. until midnight. You have monitored the usage of the center at various times of the day and determined that the following number of computer consultants are req
Ordering fuel. Three liquid fuels are stored in tanks for use in a blending process. Each fuel is characterized by a demand rate, a fixed replenishment cost, and a unit cost. Inventory carrying costs are assessed at the rate of 12 percent per year. In order to save money on insurance rates, the operating policy is to limit
A. A rectangular garden is to be fenced in and divided into three parallel sections. the fencing for the boundary costs $20 per foot whereas fencing for the dividing fences costs $5 per foot. Consider the problem of finding the dimensions of the largest garden possible if the gardner can spend $2000 for the fencing. Find the va
We want to create a box with a square base made out of cardboard. The top will be double thickness and the bottom triple thickness. We want the box to hold 400 cubic inches and to use the least amount of cardboard. a) Write an expression for C (the area of cardboard needed) in terms of s,the width of the base, and h, the heig
The Corporation faces a blending decision in developing a new cat food. Two basic ingredients have been combined and tested, and the company has determined that to each can of cat food at least 30 units of protein and at least 80 units of riboflavin must be added. These two nutrients are available in two competing brands of anim
1. A company that makes shopping carts for supermarkets and other stores recently purchased some new equipment that reduces the labor content of the jobs needed to produce the shopping carts. Prior to buying the new equipment, the company used five workers, who produced an average of 80 carts per hour. Labor cost was $10/hour
What value will integer variable z have if we execute the following assignment statement? z = 10%3 Answer is 1
Assume that x,y, and z are all integers equal to 50, 20, and 6. What is the result of x/y/z Answer is 0.
What will be the result of the following assignment statement? Assume b=5 and c=10. int a=b * (-c + 2) / 2 Answer is -20
What value will z have if you execute the following assignment statement? float z= 5/10. The answer is 0. Why?
You need to decide where to locate call centers and determine the routing of calls to achieve the lowest total cost. You are considering seven cities in which to locate call centers. You know the average cost incurred if a call is made from any of these cities to any region of the country. (See first table below) You also know t
1. Gasoline sales time series Week Sales (000s of gallons) 1 17 2 21 3 19 4 23 5 18 6 16 7 20 8 18 9 22 10
Prob 1 Blinkies is the 24-hour hot spot in town. The work schedules start every three hours and are listed below with the number of staff members neede for each three hour period. Staffers may be assigned 6 hour shifhts (for which they are paid $50) or 9 hour shifts (for which they are paid $65) A manager is rquired for eac
Optimization : The steps you follow to maximize a quantity are the same as the steps to minimize a quantity. Explain why.
The steps you follow to maximize a quantity are the same as the steps to minimize a quantity. Explain why.
1.You are to design a container box by cutting out the four corners of a square cardboard sheet that is 1600 cm2 in area. The box must have a square base and an open top. Determine the dimensions of the box that give maximum volume. 2.Sketch the graph of the function f(x)=x2+4 Identify the following features of the graph:
1. A rectangular field is going to be enclosed and divided into two separate rectangular areas. (The areas do not have to be equal.) Find the minimum fencing that is required if the total area of the field is 1200 m2. 2. A closed cylindrical container needs to have a volume of 128pie dm3. Find the dimensions if the total are
1.Determine the vertical asymptotes for the following function. Draw a sketch to show from which side the function approaches. y=__x2-49 x2+9x+20 2.Determine the horizontal asymptote for the following function. Draw a sketch to show whether the function is above or below the asymptote as x→∞. y=__8x2
11-19 Sales of Cool-Man air conditioners have grown steadily during the past five years, as shown in the following table. Year Sales 1 450 2 495 3 518 4 563 5 584 a) using exponential smoothing constants of 0.3, 0.6, and 0.9, develop forecasts for years 2 through 6. The sales manager had predicted, before the business
11-13 Data collected on the yearly demand for 50-pound bags of fertilizer at Wallace Garden Supply are shown in the following table: Year Bags (in thousands) Year Bags (in thousands) 1 4 7 7 2 6 8 9 3 4 9 12 4 5 10 14 5 10 11 15 6 8 a) develop two-year, three-year, and four-year moving averages to forecast demand
Uses Excel Modules Addin to solve. Add in is attached 12-16 Barbara Bright is the purchasing agent for West Valve Company. West Valve sells industrial valves and fluid control devices. One of the most popular valves is the Western, which has an annual demand of 4,000 units. The cost of each valve is $90, and the inventory car
Eastern Telecom is trying to decide whether to increase its cash dividend immediately or use the funds to increase its future growth rate. It will use the dividend valuation model originally presented in Chapter 10 for purposes of The model was shown as Formula 10-9 and is reproduced below (with a slight addition in definition o
F and G are cumulative probability distributions with identical support. G first order stochastically dominates F, i.e., for every X on the support, F(x) > G(x). Prove (or disprove) the proposition that argmax [X(1-G(X))] > argmax [X(1-F(X))], where argmax is the value of x that maximizes the expression in brackets. See atta
A company is planning its advertising strategy for next year for its three major products. Since the three products are quite different, each advertising effort will focus on a single product. In units of millions of dollars, a total of 6 is available for advertising next year, where the advertising expenditure for each product
39. Max Z = $0.30x + $0.90y Subject to : 2x + 3.2y 160 4x + 2y 240 y 40 x, y Solve for the quantities of x and y which will maximize Z. What is the value of the slack variable associated with constraint 2? 40. The production manager for Beer etc. produces 2 kinds of beer: light (L) and dark (D). Tw