Week 4/2 Write three quadratic equations, with a, b, and c (coefficients of x2, x, and the constant) as: 1. Integers 2. Rational numbers 3. Irrational numbers Week 4/ 3 1. How many solutions exist for a quadratic equation? How do we determine algebraically whether the solutions are real or complex? 2. Wh
1. If line / goes through (1,3) and is parallel to the line through (4,3) and (-3,1). find the slope of /. 2. How do I write the equation y=2/3x-3 in standard form using only integers and a positive coefficient for x. 3. What is the equation if a line /goes through (-3,-1) and (-1,4)? 4. What is the equation in slo
Problem is attached as a word doc for readability purposes.
Explain what makes a function a polynomial. Give an example of a function that is a polynomial and a function that is not a polynomial. Given the polynomial f(x) = 2x3 + 5x2 - x - 5, answer the following questions: Graph the polynomial. What is the degree of the polynomial? Explain the constant in the polynomial and how
1. Explain what is meant by a function. Give two real-world examples of relationships that are functions and two real-world examples that are not functions. 2. How many x-intercepts can a function have? Give a specific example and state the rule that backs up your answer. 3. Explain how the vertical line test works t
HELLO I NEED HELP WITH SOLVING THESE 17 MATH PROBLEMS 1. SLOPE 4.2 AND Y INTERCEPT (0,-5) THE SLOPE INTERCEPT EQUATION Y 2. X+9=Y Y-X=-5 WHAT IS THE SLOPE OF THE LINE X-9=Y AND Y-X=-5 3. M=0,(0,9) THE EQUATION OF THE LINE IS Y 5.GIVE THE FUNCTION H DESCRIBED BY h(x)=x+13 find the following h(0)= h(-14)= h(-1
Please refer to the attached file for the formatted homework problem set. 1. State the domain of the following: a) f(x) = square root(x+4) b) g(x) = (2x + 1) / (x - 7) c) h(x) = 3x^2 + fx - 3 d) l(x) = 2x + 3 e) m(x) = 3 / (x^2 + 7) 2. Suppose the graph of y = x^2 is shifted to obtain each the following gra
Problems 1. The monthly principal and interest payments for a mortgage from 1999 to 2004. Use this information to predict the payment for 2005. Year payment 1999 $578 2000 613 2001 654 2002 675 2003 706 2004
Solve each system of equations by graphing: 1). y=x-4 and y= -2x+2 2). Y=2x-3 and y=-x-6 3). Y=3x-2 and y=1/2x+5 4). Y=1/3x+1 and y=-2x+8 5). X+y=-3 and x+y=4 6). Y-x=0 and 2x+y=3
Explain how the aggregate expenditure function shifts in response to changes in each of the following variables: a. The real interest rate increases. b. Consumer confidence decreases. c. Higher taxes are imposed on business profits. d. The economies of many countries in the rest of the world go into recessions.
MTH133 Unit 4 Group Project - Name: Your group will develop four different population scenarios for a town. As a group, you will decide on the name of the town and the initial population. You will graph the function for each population scenario and use your model to make some decisions about the population. 1) 1) D
1) Vertical line = infinity (or no slope) "I say" "Slope is always defined as rise/run. In a vertical line, you rise infinitely, but you have no run, so you have some number as your rise/0. Anything divided by 0 is undefined, so the slope of a vertical line is undefined." Response....saying I am wrong No slope is not t
In three sentences or less, describe how we evaluate a function. A brief definition of a straight line graph is a linear function of the form y = mx + c, where c and m are constants. Although you do not actually see the function written out, many professions use a straight line graph. Name one profession that use a straight l
Problem #20 Solving a System by Graphing Solve each system by graphing. y = − 2/3x 2x + 3y =5 Problem # 56 Solving by Substitution Solve each system by substitution. Determine whether the equations are independent, dependent, or inconsistent. 2x − y = 4 2x − y = 3 Problem # 70 Solve
Find the equation for each of the following items below: a. A line that passes through (6,2) and has a slope of 2. b. A line that passes though the points (2,4) and (8,16) c. A line that passes through (7,3) and has a slope of -1. d. A line that passes through (1, 1) and is perpendicular to the line 3x+4Y=12. e. A
Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.
1. Parameter is used to refer to a ?_______ value 2. A population is all of something about which an ?_______is to be made. 3. Statistics may be used to refer to a ? ______value. 4. When we want to minimize the effect of one or more extreme scores, we should use the ? _______ to represent the average score of the di
1. Given functions f and g, perform the indicated operations. f(x) = 7 - 7x, g(x) = -2x + 7 Find f + g. A) -9x + 14 B) 5x C) -2x + 7 D) -5x + 14 2. For the given functions f and g , find the indicated composition. f(x) = 14x2 - 9x, g(x) = 12x - 8 (f g)(1) A) 188 B) 52 C) 20 D) 136 3. Find the midpoint
See attached. 1) Consider . Find all values, c, in the interval [0,1] such that the slope of the tangent line to the graph of f at c is parallel to the secant line through the points (0, f(0)) and (1, f(1)). 2) Use a graphing calculator to graph the function . a) Adjust the viewing window and use the zoom and trace fea
Complete each ordered pair so that it satisfies the given equation. 1.) y = 2 x + 5: (8, ), (-1, ), ( , -1) Graph each equation. Plot at least five points for each equation. Use graph paper. See Examples 3–5. If you have a graphing calculator, use it to check your graphs when possible 2.)
The rational expressions are multiplied. Simplify: Show some work. 1. ______ A. 0 B. 1 C. D. Which of the following is TRUE about the line through the points (-3, 7) and (-3, 2)? EXPLAIN/SHOW WORK. 2. _______ A. The slope is negative. B. The slope is 0. C. The slope is positive. D. The
Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems. Given and , which of the following is the domain of the quotient function ? Explain. 1._______ A. B. C. D. Find the difference quotient for f (x) = 3x - 7 and simplify. Show work. A. 1
1. multiply -2/7*3/5 2. Soybean meal is 14% protein; cornmeal is 7% protein. How many pounds of each should be mixed together in order to get 280-lb mixture that is 12% protein? How many pounds of the cornmeal should be in the mixture? ___ Pounds How many pounds of the soybeans meal should be in the mixture? ___ pounds
Can you help explain how to get the answers. I am completely lost.
Thanks for all your help... I have understood the process on the previous elements.. the graphing is still giving me a hard time... 1) Complete the table of values for y = x/3 - 2 x || 0 | 3 | 6 . y = x/3 - 2 || | | 2) Draw the gra
See attached Solve the equation Use substitution to determine whether the ordered pair (-2, 11) is a solution of the equation x2 + y = 15. Show some work. Be sure to state your conclusion about whether the ordered pair is a solution or not. State the center and the radius of the circle represented by the equation
1. Simplify: 6x3 + 4x2 +5 -7x3 +9x2 -4x +5 2. Evaluate -3[10+4(2 raised to the power 3) -5)-7] 3. Solve for X: -4(x + 6)-3x = 10 + (2 - x) 4. Name the property illustrated: 4(3.7)= (4.3)7 5. Graph 3x + 4y = 12 6. Find the x- and y-intercepts of y = -5x-6 7. Put 3x + 2y = -3 8. Find the slope and the line through the point
Please see attachment. I have included graphs and some symptoms of global warming for the questions being asked. I am just unable to formulate answers to the questions. Much discussion abounds these days about global warming, and the common knowledge is that people are to blame. This, in turn, is based on observations that t
A) What are the differences between the Security Market Line and the Capital Market Line? Show their formulas. B) What are the assumptions of the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)? C) What are the differences between the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) and the Arbitrage Pricing Theory (APT). Indicate at least 2 other
MTH133 Unit 4 Group Project - A Name: Your group will develop a population scenario for a town. As a group, you will decide on the name of the town and the initial population. You will graph the function for the population scenario. 1) 1) Decide on a name of a rural town. Name of town: _______________ 2) Decide on