Define an intercept in a parabolic graph. What are the number(s) of intercepts a quadratic graph may have? Explain your answer/ diagram etc. How do you compute the intercepts in a quadratic function? Provide three real world applications of a parabola and explain its importance to our daily life.
Please also give Matlab solutions to the following problem. Find the Pade approximation R_(5,4) (x) for f(x) = sin x. Plot the following graphs: i) Comparison of R_(5,4) (x) versus f(x) = sin x, and ii) the error E(x) = |R_(5,4) (x) - sin x|, each on interval [-PI, PI].
Please see attached. help with homework. equation, graphs.
See attached file. Section 9.1 : Correlation Section 9.2: Linear Regression Total points are 40. Points are included with each problem. Included with each section or problem are reference examples and end of section exercises that can be used as a guide. Be sure to show your work in case partial credit is awarded. To re
1.Evaluate. 2.Simplify the following expression: . 3.Solve for . Simplify your answer as much as possible. 4.Solve the inequality for . Simplify your answer as much as possible. 5.On Wednesday, a local hamburger shop sold a combined total of hamburgers and cheeseburgers. The number of cheeseburger
1) Which of the given functions is a one-to-one function? Select all that apply g(x)=2sqrt(x+5) g(x)=5x^2-2 h(x)=x^4+5 f(x)=Abs(x) f(x)=-5x+2 2) Which of the given functions is a one-to-one function? Select all that apply g(x)=3sqrt(x) f(x)=-2x+3 g(x)=2x^2-3x f(x)=1/x h(x)=x^4+5 3) Assume that f is a one to one f
Why do you think different polls got such a wide range of estimates of Bush's lead in the polls, ranging from a 12% lead to a 4% lead? What sampling techniques would you use to get the most accurate estimate of which candidate would win on election day?
Prior to the November, 2000 presidential election George W. Bush had a comfortable lead in the polls. But on election day Bush ended up losing the popular vote by a small margin (although winning the electoral vote). Read the following article below written before the election: Larry Kudlow (2000) The Weak-End of Polling,
A breeding group of beavers introduced into a protected area. After t years the number of beavers in the area is modeled by the function N(t) = _____54__________ 0.35+0.68t (note: this t by 0.68 should be an exponent,couldn't make one here.) 1. How many beavers were initially introduced? 2. Estimate
A social worker was interested in exploring whether there was a relationship between the severity of her clients' alcohol abuse problems and the degree to which they were depressed. (All scores in this exercise are fictitious, invented for the purpose of the exercise). Ten clients had been given the Michigan Alcoholism Screening
1. Identify an exponential function. Give an example of this function related to the business environment. Assignment Notes Discussion Question 1: If we look at the formula to calculate the dollar amount of a $1 we put into savings today, we see that it is fv = pv*((1+i)^n). The variables are fv = future value, pv = pre
A. The future value of a $2,000 annuity for 30 yrs at 8% compound annually. b. The future value of a $2,000 annuity for 30 years at 8% compound semiannually. c. The future value of a $2,000 annuity for 30 years at 8% compound quarterly. d. How much extra interest is earned onthe annuity above simply by chnaging the compoun
1. f(x)= 2x+5 if -3 <= X <0 -3 if x=0 -5x if x>0 a. Find the domain of each function. b. Locate any intercepts. c. Graph each function d.Based on the graph find the range. e. Is f continuous on its domain? 2. If f(x)= int(x/2) Find, (a) f(1.2) (b) f(1.
(a)Use an excel spreadsheet with the data provided activity time (sec) 4022 38.6 3424 77.0 2613 113.8 2158 152.6 1590 188.9 1337 228.6 940 269.7 prepare a graph of activity vs. seconds. Use a trend line to produce the best exponential line through the points. (b) Use the excel spreadsheet again wi
1. f(x)=X3-3X2+5 (-1,3) I need to find local Maxima and Local Minima for this Question. Also determine where the function is increasing and where it is decreasing. round answer to two decimal places. 2. g(x)= X2+1 (a) Find the average rate of change from -1 to 2. (b) Find an equation of the secant line containing
1. Find the area of the triangle. 2. There is a shaded triangular prism 6in x 8in x 11in with a rectangle solid 3in x 4in x 11in not shaded. Find the volume of the shaded area. 3. Given the graph, name an edge that is a bridge, if any. 4. Find the area in meters of a trapezoid with a height of 4 m and bases of 8 m and
I'm having a problem graphing. Please help! 1. Find the slope of the line containing the given pair of points. If the slope is undefined, state so... 2. Find the intercepts for the equation... 3. Determine the x- and y-intercepts of the given equation. Show your work. Then plot the intercepts, and graph the line... 4. Determ
Need help to describe in words the graph of each of these curves below. Include in the description of the shape, along with other possible relevant information such as length, width, and center points. a. Y = 3X^2 b. (X-1)^2 + (Y-8)^2 = 16 c. (X+2)^2 + (Y-4)^2 = 36 d. Y = X^2 + X Need assisting in finding the
Please use excel.
Online travel websites A sample of 500 travelers who used the internet to book a trip were asked to which travel website they used. There responses are given in the table below. Use this information to construct a circle graph illustrating the percent of people who gave each response. Online travel website
Please show all work.
When a ball is thrown up into the air, it makes the shape of a parabola. The equation S= -10t^2 + v*t + k gives the height of the ball at any time, t in seconds, where "v" is the initial velocity (speed) in meters/sec and "k" is the initial height in meters (as if you were on top of a tower or building). Make up a scenario wh
1) How can the graph of f(x) = -(x -1 )2 be obtained from the graph of y = x2? A) Shift it horizontally 1 units to the right. Reflect it across the x-axis. B) Shift it horizontally 1 units to the left. Reflect it across the x-axis.. C) Shift it horizontally 1 units to the right. Reflect it across the y-axis. D) Shift it hor
1. Write the equation in slope-intercept form y + 2= -6(x - 1) 2. Graph each inequality Y ≥ x-6 X ≥ -6 3. Use the given equation to find the missing coordinates in the tables. Y = -x - 14 X Y -2 0 2 0 -2 4. Graph each equation. Plot at least five points for each equation. X - 2y = 6 5. Demand equ
Rates of change apply to many different situations, not just distance-time or motion. While we have not discussed these specific types of problems, try and apply what you have learned about rates of change to answer the questions. a. Water pours out of the bottom of a cylinder and out of a cylindrical cone (see diagram) at a c
A firm has two fixed resources that impose limits on its production activities. For a particular period of time it has 30 hours of resource 1 available and 80 hours of resource 2. Suppose that the firm considers making only two products and desire to know the Maximum profit program with Minimize of the costs. It has the fol
Central Limit Theorem Exercise Write a computer program or Excel spreadsheet that: a. takes a given distribution function (f(x), as given below), for x between: 0 and 1.0, b. randomly samples this function at n points and determines the mean for that sample c. repeats b. N times d. plots a histogram of the result of the
Trees can be used for many applications in computer science. One of these applications is decision-making, which is often used in the creation and analysis of databases. a) In one paragraph, define what trees are. Be sure to mention the difference between binary and n-ary trees. b) Represent the following hierarchical data
Using algebraic concepts to solve problems involving real data. World Population: A low-projection scenario of world population for the years 1995-2150 by the United Nations is given the function ... Flight of a Ball If a ball is thrown upward at 96 feet per second from the top of a building that is 100 feet high ... S
In our Learning-Team forum, we are to chose a graphing software/method and 'teach' it to the rest of the class. For this assignment, I have chosen the graphing software "Graph 4.x". As part of this assignment, we are to show how to start it, set it up, and how to graph functions (including parabolas and inequalities of 2 variabl
1. Construct a scatter plot using excel for the given data. Determine whether there is a positive linear correlation, negative linear correlation, or no linear correlation. Complete the table and find the correlation coefficient r. a. The data below are the ages and systolic blood pressure (measured in millimeters of mercury