x Prove that if f is continuous and strictly positive on [a,b] and F(x)=∫f then F is strictly increasing on [a,b]. a
1. Find the equation of a parabola whose vertex is (0,0) and directrix is the line y=3. 2. Find the vertex, focus, and directrix of (x-2)^2=12(y+1). Find the latus rectum and graph the parabola, making sure that all points and axis are labeled. 3. Find the equation of the ellipse whose center is the origin and has a
Selected amounts at December 31, 2003 from the Hay and Barnabas Company's information system appear as follows:
Selected amounts at December 31, 2003 from the Hay and Barnabas Company's information system appear as follows: Cash paid employees for salaries and wages 300,000 Cash collected from sales customers 1,850,000 Bonds payable 500,000 Cash 150,000 Common stock 60,000 Eq
1. Let f : X -> Y and g : Y -> Z be mappings. (1) Show that if f and g are both injective, then so is g o f : X -> Z (2) Show that if f and g are both surjective, then so is g o f : X -> Z. 2. Let alpha = 1 2 3 4 5 and Beta = 1 2 3 4 5 3 5 1 2 4 3 2 4 5 1 .
In most businesses, increasing prices of their product can have a negative effect on the number of customers of the business. A bus company in a small town has an average number of riders of 1,000 per day. The bus company charges $2.00 for a ride. They conducted a survey of their customers and found that they will lose approxima
Show that the Petersen graph is nonplanar by a) showing that it has k3,3 as a subcontraction, and b) using the problem 1 show above part a) You don't have to solve problem 1. Can you explain about contraction. problem 1.-Let k>=3 be an integer , and let G be a plane graph of order n(>=k) and size m. a) If the length
Show that every nonempty regular graph of odd order is of class two. Please explain with details. Draw a graph.
What bound is given for X(G) by the theorem "for every graph G, X(G)<=1+max &(G') ,where the maximum is taken over all induced subgraphs G' of G" in the case that G is a) a tree? b) an outerplanar graph. Note: -&(G') this sign represent the minimum degree of G'. Yes it is that minimum -A graph G is outerplana
1. The natural length of a spring is 10 cm. A force of 25 N stretches it to a length of 20cm. How much work, in units of N-cm, is done in stretching it from a length of 10cm to a length of 15cm? Hooke's law for a spring is given by f=kx, where f is the force, x is the distance the spring is stretched, and k is a constant. 2.
Graph each absolute value function and state its domain and range. See attached file for full problem description. y=|x-1| + 2
Determine whether the graph of the parabola opens upward or downward. See attached file for full problem description.
What does a parabola open upward and when does it open downward? Please give an example.
Finding domain & range. See attached file for full problem description. (a) f(x) = (x -2)/ (3x + 4) (b) g(x) = -11/(4 +x) (c) g(x) = 4x^3 + 5x^2 -2x
7.1 Determine whether the correspondence is a function. 8. Domain Range Colorado State University University of Colorado ____________ > Colorado All three colleges points to college University of Denver Gonzaga University University of Washin
Graph and, if possible, determine the slope. Graph using the slope and the y -intercept. Determine whether the graphs of the given pair of lines are parallel. Determine whether the graphs of the given pair of lines are perpendicular. See attached file for full problem description. 7.4 Graph and, if possible, determi
Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.
When crude oil flows from a well, water is frequently mixed with it in an emulsion. To remove the water the crude oil is piped to a device called a heater-treater, which is simply a large tank in which the oil is warmed and the water is allowed to settle out. Operating experience in a particular oil field indicates that the conc
Please help me graph the line with equation: y=-5x-4 Also, show all of the steps so that I can learn how to do it myself.
1. Plot the graph of the equations 2x - 3y = 6 and 2x + y = -10 and interpret the result. 2. Plot the graph of the equations 2x + 4y = 10 and 3x + 6y = 12 and interpret the result. 3. Determine graphically the vertices of the triangle, the equation of whose sides are given as y = x; y = 0; 2x + 3y = 10. Interpret the res
A. The solutions of line m are (3,3),(5,5),(15,15),(34,34),(678,678), and (1234,1234). b. The solutions of line n are (3,-3),5,-5),(15,-15),(34,-34),(678,-678), and (1234,-1234). c. Form the equations of both the lines d. What are the co ordinates of the point of intersection of lines m and n? e. Write the co-ordinat
Let f be a function from A to B. Let S and T be subsets of B. Show that: a) -1 -1 -1 f (S U T) = f (s) U f (T) b) -1 -1 -1 f (S n T) = f (S) n f ( T)
Explain this problem with a graph to understand and explain it step by step. a) Show that if G is a 2-connected graph containing a vertex that is adjacent to at least three vertices of degree 2, then G is not hamiltonian. b) The subdivision graph S(G) of a graph G is that graph obtained from G by replacing each edge uv of
1. Solve for x: 0.05(x+20)=0.1x-0.5 2. Solve for y, given that x = -3 3xy-2x=-12 3. Line 1 is described by the equation 3y-2x = -3. Line 2 goes through the origin and intersects line 1 at x =6. What equation describes line 2? 4. Solve for x: l x-1/2 l = 3x/2-3/4 5. Bob received $14,000 inheritance and divided it b
The x- and y- intercepts of the line 5x + 6y = 30 are a) (0, 6) and (5,0) b) (5, 6) and (6,5) c) (1/6, 0) and (0,1/5) d) (6, 0) and (0,5)
8. The slope and x-intercept of the line 4x + 6y + 24 = 0 are a) -2/3 and (-6, 0) b) -3/2 and (0, -4) c) -4 and (-24, 0) d) none of the above 9. The slope of the line passing through (1,1) and (1,-1) is a) 1 b) 0 c) 2 d) inf
Given f(x) = 2/(x-1) use the four step process to find a slope-predictor function m (x). Then write an equation for the line tangent to the curve at the point x = 0.
Let f(x) = cos(x) = ; then, consider the following rational approximation r(x) = called the Pade Approximation. Determine the coefficients of r in such a way that f(x) - r(x) = γ8x8 + γ10x10 + ...... Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.
A) Graph the function, highlighting the part indicated by the given interval b) Find a definite integral that represents the arc length of the curve over the indicated interval and observe that the length cannot be evaluated with the techniques studied so far y=lnx, 1<= x <=5
4.15 Show that this theorem 1 is sharp, that is, show that for infinitely many n>=3 there are non-hamiltonian graphs G of order n such that degu+degv>=n-1 for all distinct nonadjacent u and v. Can you explain this theorem,please Theorem1: If G is a graph of order n>=3 such that for all distinct nonadjacent vertices u and
4.12 a) Prove that K_r,2r,3r is hamiltonian for every positive integer r. b) Prove that K_r,2r,3r+1 is hamiltonian for no positive integer r. (K_r means k sub r) Can you explain how is the graph K_r,2r,3r, what do subindices r,2r and 3r mean? Can you explain it step by step and draw a graph,plea