Question 1 Consider the functions f(x) = x^2 and g(x) = square root of x, both with domain and co-domain R+, the set of positive real numbers. Are f and g inverse functions? Give a brief reason. Question 2 Given the Hamming distance function f: A X A -> Z defined on pairs of 8-bit strings, (where A is the set o
Refer to the graph given (attached) and identify the graph that represents the corresponding function. Justify your answer. y = 2x y = log2x
1. The number of 4-year college, public and private, in the period 1980-1996 can be modeled by f(x)=0.0003x^3 - 0.007x^2+0.058x+1.957 0 less than or equal to X less then or equal to 16 Where X is the number of years since 1980 and f(x) is the number of 4-year colleges measured in thousands. Determine the average number
For the function, y = ___1____ x - 2 a) Give the y values for x = -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3. Answer: Show work in this space. b) Using these points, draw a curve. Show graph here.
In the real world, what might be a situation where it is preferable for the data to form a relation but not a function?
In the real world, what might be a situation where it is preferable for the data to form a relation but not a function? I found the formula that converts temperature in degrees Celsius to temperature in degrees Fahrenheit. It gave me the following data points: Fahrenheit Celsius Freezing point of water 32 0 Boiling po
Graph the function using the equation in part a. Explain why it is not necessary to plot points to graph when using y = a(x - h)^2 + k.
Graph the function using the equation in part a. Explain why it is not necessary to plot points to graph when using y = a (x - h) 2 + k. Using the vertex, x-intercept and y intercept The vertex x=h split the graph into two halves. So, drawing the vertical line x=3 and graph. On the graph the curve turn at the vertex ( 3,-
Solve the following equations for the unknown. 1. 5x = 20 2. 7x - 3 = 18 Graph the following equations; calculate the slope, x-intercept, and y-intercept, and label the intercepts on the graph. 3. y = x + 3 4. y = -2x - 7 5. 2x + 3y = 9 6. A consumer electronics c
Understanding the Ellipses, Parabolas, Hyperbolas from basics to more advanced level- all in one assignment!
1 The equation xsquared + ysquared =1 represents an ellipse. ________ ________ 25 169 a) State the lengths of the major and the minor axes. b) State the x-intercepts and y-intercepts. c) Find the coordinates of loci. d) Find the points of intersectio
Draw two break-even graphs-one for a conservative firm using labor-intensive production and another for a capital-intensive firm. Assuming these companies compete within the same industry and have identical sales, explain the impact of changes in sales volume on both firms' profits. Although no example is provided in the
1. Graph line with equation y=-4x-2. 2. 2x=8y=17=0 3. Graph the line with slope -2 passing through the point (-3,4). 4. Find slope of the line graphed (-44, 28) (9, -12). 5. x=9 graph the line 6. 6x-9y+7=0. 7. 2x=5y+3 8. Write an equation of line (0, -4). 9. A line passes through the point (6, -6
1. f(x) = x^3 + x^2 - 4x - 4. (a) What is the end behavior of this function? (Does it go up or down to the left? Does it go up or down the right?) (b) What is the maximum number of turning points for this function? 2. Give the coordinates of the vertex of the parabola y = (x + 2)^2 + 5. 3. Use Descartes's Rule of Sig
1. Simplify the expression using properties of exponents. Answer should contain positive exponents only. (3x^2y^3)^2(3xy)^2 / (2x^4y^3)^-3 2. Solve for X: 3/x - 1/x+2 = -2/3x+6 3. Use the quadratic formula to solve for x: x^2 -4x + 2 = 0 4. Solve for x by factoring: x^3 + x^2 - 6x =
Suppose that X and Y are finite sets, with m and n elements respectively. Suppose further that the function f : X → Y is one-to-one and the function g : X →Y is onto. (i) Use the function f to show that m ≤ n. (ii) Use the function g to show that m ≥ n. (iii) Is f : X → Y onto? Justify your assertion. (iv) Is th
Decide whether the relation is a function. 1- (6,5), (4,3), (-2,3), (0,-1) , (-1,2), (-4,-5), (-3,4) 2- (4,4), (3,3), (-1,1), (6,6), (1,-2) make an input-output table for the function rule. Use a domain of -10,-5,0,5, and 10. Identify the range. y=8x+1 y=-6x y=x square 2+5 write a function that relates and x and
Foci, asymptotes and graph of a given hyperbola and finding the point of intersection with a given line.
A hyperbola is given the equation x^2/25 - y^2/9 = 1 A) Find the coordinates of the foci and the equations of the asymptotes. B) Find the point of intersection with the line y=4-x c) Graph the hyperbola, the line, and the point of intersection. Please explain how to graph this because I dont understand it and
Please answer the following questions ASAP: Match each description of a graph with an equation. The graphs are all described in relation to the graph y = x^2 shifted 3 units upward shifted 3 units to the left shifted 3 units downward stretched out and flipped upside down shifted 3 units to the right
Given the information in the attachment, please sketch the graph.
Given the quadratic function (see attached file) a.) Does the graph open up or down? b.) What is the equation of the axis of symmetry? c.) What are the coordinates of the vertex? d.) Give the y intercept e.) Give the x intercept(s) f.) sketch the graph
1. Find an equation of variation where y varies jointly, directly as the cube of x and cube root of z, and inversely as the square of w, and y = 4 when x = 2 and z = 8 and w = 4. 2. Perform the indicated operation and simplify. y2 + 3y y2 -y y - 1 y2 -5y + 6 (y-3)(y+2)
For the rational function (see attached), give the intercepts and asymptotes and sketch the graph.
(See attached file for full problem description with proper equations) --- The problems need to be solved in full and to show all work 1a) Find the following derivative implicitly with respect to x If, Y=(1+xy)^(1/xy). Find dy/dx! without simplifying the derivative. Compute dy/dx at (1, 1). b) find the formul
3. Let be a function that models the temperature change in a certain valley from 6:00 PM one day to 8:00 AM the following morning. Let the origin represent the temperature at 6:00 pm. ________________ ________________ a. Find, and then sketch, the first and second derivatives of on
Suppose you throw a baseball straight up at a velocity of 64 feet per second. A function can be created by expressing distance above the ground, s, as a function of time, t. This function is s = -16t2 + v0t + s0 · 16 represents 1/2g, the gravitational pull due to gravity (measured in feet per second2). · v0 is the initial
For the function y = x2 - 4x - 5, perform the following tasks: a) Put the function in the form y = a(x - h)2 + k. b) What is the line of symmetry? c) Graph the function using the equation in part a. Explain why it is not necessary to plot points to graph when using y = a (x - h)2 + k. d) Describe how this graph compares
1) Using the quadratic equation x2 - 4x - 5 = 0, perform the following tasks: a) Solve by factoring. b) Solve by completing the square. c) Solve by using the quadratic formula.
(See attached file for full problem description with diagrams) --- ? For non-integer answers, use a fraction rather than a decimal. ? Include o the formula with substituted values. o the final calculated answer with units. a) Given the above graph, identify the graph of the function (line, parabola, hyperbola, o
Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems. --- - How do I find the formulas with substituted values and show the final calculated answer with units? - I have also highlighted in yellow what needs to be shown for each problem. 1) a) How do I identify the graph of the function (line, parabola, hype
Polar and Parametric Equations : Eliminate the parameter to find a cartesian euqation of the curve; sketch the curve with the given polar equation. Show the equation for the sketch.
1,2,3) a) Sketch the curve by using the paramtric equations to plot points. Indicate with an arrow the direction in which the curve is traced as t increases. b) Eliminate the parameter to find a cartesian euqation of the curve. 1)x = 3t-5, y=2t + 1. Part a is just making a table using t and solving for x and y, but whe
Identifying Function, Derivative and Second Derivative from Curves; Find the equation of the tangent line to the curve at the point.
Identify the graphs A (blue), B( red) and C (green) as the graphs of a function and its derivatives: is the graph of the function is the graph of the function's first derivative is the graph of the function's second derivative Enter a T or an F in each answer space below to indicate whether the corresponding equation
Could you please provide me with 10 or 15 practice questions for an upcoming GMAT test that focus on the Problem Solving portion of the exam?